Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2013, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
We have 3 of these cards in the family. Only one got $750/3 offer.
Looks totally random to me.
2nd card, never got any bonus mile offer and I only made the initial purchase on both cards
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:06 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by flyer4512
2nd card, never got any bonus mile offer and I only made the initial purchase on both cards
Same here. Gatorade at 7-11 and socked. The postcard came 3 months later for one of them. Tried to play dumb and called customer service to see if I can get the other cards on this offer but got no love from "Thank you for patiently waiting" Filipino girls
Old Jul 13, 2013, 2:10 am

I would really appreciate any advice...

I was offered the 15k offer for Feb, Mar, Apr 2013. I completed the spend requirement in early Apr and my statement closed a few days later. Fast forward to now and my July statement has closed and no miles have posted. This would be 8 weeks after my May statement closed. Thus even if the promotional period technically ended on Apr 30th, then all of my spend should have been tabulated no later than close of my statement in May and 8 weeks later (at the latest) I should have been awarded the miles.

I SMd Barclays and explained all of this and Barclays opened up "a case". They told me it should be resolved in 7-10 biz days and that I may receive a call "to have this issue resolved".

In order to meet the spend requirement (>750/month for 3 months), I bought 2 VR at the beginning of every month. Should I be worried about these purchases since Barclays had to "open a case"? What is a good reason to purchase VRs?
Old Jul 13, 2013, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
You're paying the annual fee for the bonus 10k anniversary miles anyways so why put more spending on this card when it could be better utilized on other cards?
Actually, I don't plan to pay the $89 annual fee to get another 10k miles. What I plan to do is to charge a minimal amount, for which I already got the 35k bonus, and then cancel the card when the annual renewal comes up. When Barclays sees that I only charged a minimal amount to get the bonus, would they reverse the bonus if I don't pay the annual fee?

To avoid this possibility, should I charge a few hundred dollars in the last 3 months or so?
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Long Islander
Actually, I don't plan to pay the $89 annual fee to get another 10k miles. What I plan to do is to charge a minimal amount, for which I already got the 35k bonus, and then cancel the card when the annual renewal comes up. When Barclays sees that I only charged a minimal amount to get the bonus, would they reverse the bonus if I don't pay the annual fee?

To avoid this possibility, should I charge a few hundred dollars in the last 3 months or so?
They won't claw back the miles for not paying the annual fee since they explicitly state that it's waived for the first year. But, $90 for 10,000 US Air miles is 0.9cents which is a pretty good value. However, if you don't want the anniversary miles you can just cancel the card before the annual fee posts to your account. OR you can apply for another card like most of us here. I plan to keep both of my cards open.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by MilesGator

I was offered the 15k offer for Feb, Mar, Apr 2013. I completed the spend requirement in early Apr and my statement closed a few days later. Fast forward to now and my July statement has closed and no miles have posted. This would be 8 weeks after my May statement closed. Thus even if the promotional period technically ended on Apr 30th, then all of my spend should have been tabulated no later than close of my statement in May and 8 weeks later (at the latest) I should have been awarded the miles.

I SMd Barclays and explained all of this and Barclays opened up "a case". They told me it should be resolved in 7-10 biz days and that I may receive a call "to have this issue resolved".

In order to meet the spend requirement (>750/month for 3 months), I bought 2 VR at the beginning of every month. Should I be worried about these purchases since Barclays had to "open a case"? What is a good reason to purchase VRs?
My miles didn't automatically post, either. I had to file multiple cases. The first time they ruled that I was eligible for the 15k bonus, but the miles still did not post. So a second case was filed. Then when there was finally the second ruling in my favor, my statement had just closed for the previous month. Apparently, Barclays only posts the bonus with a statement. So after the second ruling, it took 3 more weeks for me to get the points in my account.

The entire process was incredibly slow and frustrating. Barclays did not let me talk to anyone with enough authority to actually do something. Even the supervisors had to file a case. It took months to resolve what should have been a simple issue. Each case took the maximum 10 business days. It was ridiculous. I did finally get the miles, though.

Good luck!
Old Jul 13, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Son just applied using first post link, only other cc he has 3 years old is Capital One.
Saw this message on the CheckAppStatus link after seeing the glitch technical difficulties

Thank you for your recent application. We're in the process of reviewing the information you provided for your US Airways Premier World MasterCard application.

Please keep in mind it may take up to 10 business days to process your application. There is no need to reapply. If you provided an email address, we will send you an email upon review of your application. Please feel free to check back as this page will display the most recent status updates
Old Jul 13, 2013, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
if you don't want the anniversary miles you can just cancel the card before the annual fee posts to your account. OR you can apply for another card like most of us here.
Or you can hope the anniversary bonus posts before the fee does (as happened with my account) and then cancel. keep the bonus, & churn the card.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
Originally Posted by beltway
Or you can hope the anniversary bonus posts before the fee does (as happened with my account) and then cancel. keep the bonus, & churn the card.
Exactly what I wanted to do.
I applied on 6/22/12, now it has been over a year, but still no 10k bonus.
Hopefully I will get 10k before annual fee is posted.
If not, I guess I'll have to pay $89 annual fee for the 10k miles.

Last edited by echip; Jul 15, 2013 at 10:01 pm
Old Jul 14, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by MilesGator

NOTE TO ALL
When getting the 3 month offer (mine was jan feb mar) to make sure you have a statement generate the following month or the miles may not post depending on your due date. I have yet to get my 15k miles but after several communications finally found out that if no statement generates then no miles post (dumb). So because after the last $1000 AP i never used the card again no statements generated. Just last week i used the card for a small lunch purchase or something and did the same for my wifes card so now when the next statement closes it should show the bonus. If for whatever reason it does not then they will be getting served a complaint from the OCC and FTC and that will get the ball rolling most certainly.

Fyi to all
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Stoutman11
NOTE TO ALL
When getting the 3 month offer (mine was jan feb mar) to make sure you have a statement generate the following month or the miles may not post depending on your due date. I have yet to get my 15k miles but after several communications finally found out that if no statement generates then no miles post (dumb). So because after the last $1000 AP i never used the card again no statements generated. Just last week i used the card for a small lunch purchase or something and did the same for my wifes card so now when the next statement closes it should show the bonus. If for whatever reason it does not then they will be getting served a complaint from the OCC and FTC and that will get the ball rolling most certainly.

Fyi to all
I have a statement with $0 in new purchases and 15,000 bonus miles from the 3 months offer. I also got 10,000 anniversary miles in a statement with no purchases.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Datapoint:
Already have an existing card opened on 10/26/11. Applied today 7/16 using the first link and was eventually denied (after calling). No hard pulls involved.
Was told I already had an existing card and didn't qualify for a second card even though I told the agent I wanted to keep some expenses separate. She said I have not been using my card much at all but if I accrue more spending, they might reconsider issuing a 2nd card in the future.
I wonder if there's another link that might work for existing card holders. Anyone?

Last edited by MVF Trekker; Jul 16, 2013 at 12:07 pm
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by Stoutman11
NOTE TO ALL

Fyi to all

Both the 15k bonus for making $750 in purchases for 3 straight months and my 10k anniversary bonus posted during statements when I had $0 spending for Barclays.

I have heard misinformation from most Barclays agents. Maybe that is why they don't have much decision making authority: Barclays does not train them well.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:31 pm

Programs: Aadvantage, Executive Club, Rapid Rewards, HHonors, Marriott Rewards
I've recently received my 10k bonus anniversary miles for having the card for a year. Does anyone know when I should expect to receive a new companion pass for this year?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
What's the best way to check your annual spend for the current year? I'm trying to figure out how close I am to 25k for the extra PQMs. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.