FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Credit Pulls Database (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1138806-credit-pulls-database.html)

Kalboz Nov 3, 2010 6:04 am

Card Issuer: Barclays
Card Type: US Airways
City and State: Southern California
Approx Inquiry Date: 10/15/10
Credit Agency: Equifax
Credit Score: 735
Result: Rejected due to too many recent inquiries.

Originally Posted by chespeak2002 (Post 15041114)
I'm in northern California.

For Barclays, 10/19 applied for US Airways Business($79 annual fee one), pulled all 3 (EQ, EX and TU) on me! Approved after calling credit department (initially declined due to having a Biz card before).

Can you please provide Barclays' credit department number?

Thank you.

Happy Nov 3, 2010 10:06 am

Originally Posted by kapmap (Post 15065629)
I applied for the Citi AA card for the 75,000 miles. Where I am they pull Equifax. Since I had a credit freeze with all the agencies; I tried to unfreeze it. First time doing that and what an issue -- it would not unfreeze over the phone or internet so I had to write in. They told me 4 days after they had unfrozen it and refroze it that they had unfrozen it. They I wrote in for them to unfreeze it entirely and received the form letter telling me to send them everything I had already sent them. With all the issues I tried unfreezing the other two over the internet with no problems. Asked if Citi would use one of the others and they told me no.

I finally found a phone number and talked with someone who unfroze it and I did get the card -- but it appears they choose which agency to work with and will not change.

Exactly.

Unless one is paranoid about ID theft, freezing the credit report for no particular reason creates far more trouble than its worth.

Banks dont pull a different agency's report when the one they pull is not available due to being frozen. It is a Fool's game to think about freezing an agency's report would "force" the bank to pull a different agency's report... Think about it for a second, it is YOU who ask the bank to extend credit, not the bank to Solicit you for extend credit. Why would the bank do something extra that would be out of their normal operational procedure?

RDY3238 Nov 3, 2010 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 15067195)
Exactly.

Unless one is paranoid about ID theft, freezing the credit report for no particular reason creates far more trouble than its worth.

Banks don't pull a different agency's report when the one they pull is not available due to being frozen. It is a Fool's game to think about freezing an agency's report would "force" the bank to pull a different agency's report... Think about it for a second, it is YOU who ask the bank to extend credit, not the bank to Solicit you for extend credit. Why would the bank do something extra that would be out of their normal operational procedure?

The above is correct.

However, I have a consumer freeze on all 3 CRA's. Why wouldn't you do this? It's the best safeguard known to man at this time, and free in many states.
I had two insurance co's mishandle my personal data in the last 5 yrs. I sued them both.

I applied for the AA 75K Citi Visa. Called Citi and asked them what CRA they pull. Unfroze Equifax for 3 days over the phone and paid the $10 fee. (CRA's give you a dedicated freeze hotline number)
Told Citi they had 3 days to pull credit. Got approved and the freeze auto reinstated.
Simple.

Card Issuer: Citi
Card Type: AA 75k offer
City and State: Oregon
Approx Inquiry Date: 9.20.10
Credit Agency: Equifax
Credit Score: Won't pay for that, but above 720 and that's all that matters.

tima1212 Nov 3, 2010 8:36 pm

This represents a total of 12+ New Inquiries between 7/09 and 10/10. All were Experian pulls in Northern California.

Card Issuer: Chase
Card Type: Sapphire, BA Visa, UA Visa, Continental OnePlus
City and State: SFO Bay Area, Northern California
Approx Inquiry Date: 7/09, 2/10, 4/10, 9/10
Credit Agency: All Experian

Card Type: AAdvantage MC (2) & Amex, Biz Visa,
State: SFO Bay Area, Northern California
Approx Inquiry Date: 8/09, 11/09, 10/10,

Card Issuer: Amex
Card Type: SPG (2), SPG Biz, Premier Rewards (2)
Approx Inquiry Date: 7/09, 7/10, 8/10, 4/10, 9/10

Card Issuer: FIA CSNA
Card Type: Schwab Visa
Approx Inquiry Date: 12/09
Credit Agency: Experian

andante81 Nov 4, 2010 12:41 pm

Living in Northern California too,

Card Type: SPG
Approx Inquiry Date: 4/10

Card Issuer: Chase
Card Type: UA Visa
Approx Inquiry Date: 5/10
Credit Agency: Equifax, Transunion(for reconsideration)

Card Issuer: Boa
Card Type: Asiana Amex
Approx Inquiry Date: 5/10
Credit Agency: Transunion, Experian(for reconsideration)

Card Type: AA Visa(Approved)/ Amex(rejected)
Approx Inquiry Date: 10/10

Credit Score: I applied these cards when my Fico score hit over 720.

3LeftTurns Nov 12, 2010 6:06 am

Citibank
AAdvantage Visa Business
Cleveland
Sept, 2010
Experian

Middle_Seat Nov 13, 2010 9:06 am

Card Type: Amex AAdvantage
City and State: Austin, TX
Approx Inquiry Date: 11/11/10

Result: Denied (due to many previous and present Citi AA cards)

deant Nov 13, 2010 10:30 am

Live in So. California. Have, in the past couple of years, applied for Citi (personal and business), AMEX (personal and business), and Chase cards. ALL have been Experian pulls.

upgrader Nov 20, 2010 6:59 am

Darned if I can figure out a pattern that helps me. I've had several Citi and Amex pulls in the last two years. All went to either Experian or Equifax. I live in Florida. Trying to see what I can apply for that would use Transunion but only in parts of CA does Transunion seem to be used regularly by any credit card company. Anyone see any CC company that would use Transunion on FL applications?

beachmiles Nov 20, 2010 10:18 am

Card Type: Amex AAdvantage Bus
City and State: Norfolk, Virginia
Approx Inquiry Date: Oct 2010

beachmiles Nov 20, 2010 10:19 am

Card Type: SPG Bus
City and State: Norfolk, Virginia
Approx Inquiry Date: July 2010

Happy Nov 20, 2010 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by upgrader (Post 15213693)
Darned if I can figure out a pattern that helps me. I've had several Citi and Amex pulls in the last two years. All went to either Experian or Equifax. I live in Florida. Trying to see what I can apply for that would use Transunion but only in parts of CA does Transunion seem to be used regularly by any credit card company. Anyone see any CC company that would use Transunion on FL applications?

No. Only Barclays has done this to me. It first pulled TransUnion and then pulled EQ again. That was 2 years ago.

Citi used to pull EQ but switched to EX since Nov of 2008.

BofA and AMEX always pull EX.

Chase always pulls EQ.

tjguitar85 Nov 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by tjguitar85 (Post 15019995)
I'm in Southern California

I had the following:

Transunion:
Citibank (Citi Forward) 3/10 and 5/10..I applied twice, the first time I didn't send in the requested information to "prove my identity" or whatever.

Equifax:
Fort Knox Credit Union (declined...no notice) 5/10
Pentagon Federal Credit Union 3/10 (Pen Fed Platinum Rewards Visa)

Experian:
FIA Card Services 3/10 (Fideltiy Amex)
First USA (Chase?) 9/09 (Chase Freedom, done in-branch)

Northrop Grunman FCU pulled Experian 11/10 and denied me ("too much unsecured credit")

Penfed Amex approved me for 5k also in 11/10. Not sure who they pulled, probably Equifax.

upgrader Nov 21, 2010 5:57 am

"Citi used to pull EQ but switched to EX since Nov of 2008."

Alas, even the above from Happy doesn't always seem to be the case for those of us in FL. I have four pulls from Citi in 2009 and 2010 and all were from Equifax.

worldtraveller2 Nov 23, 2010 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by skofarrell (Post 15019215)
Its silly to replicate here what is already in place (and a lot more extensive) on creditboards.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index...pp=creditpulls

But at least for me, this thread is more up to date than creditboards.com. I am in Phoenix, AZ and most of the pulls listed are from 2008 for chase and citi, so this information is at the very least 2010!