Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Fidelity 2% cashback AmEx-network card [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fidelity 2% cashback AmEx-network card [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
At least Citi is an good back up now for us.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Here's my little bit of feedback:
1. AMEX, VISA & MAstercard all have secondary coverage for the US. When you travel a broad it can be primary only if your local insurancee company declines coverage which most do internationally.

2. AMEX, VISA & MasterCard almost 2 years ago DENY coverage in six countries:
Australia, Ireland are 2 of the 6.

3. BoA card Fidelity with AMEX network logo "claims" to insure everywhere in the world including the 6 countries that AMEX & Visa & MAstercard will not.

It was a terrible experience working with FIA Card Services who had ZERO documents to explain coverage and I had to go to Chubb insurance to get documentation which Chubb were a bunch of idiots with no document just a spradsheet showing covered even in Ireland. Chubb then sent me a letter which no name at botton or a signature validating the letter stating I was covered with Fidely Amex in Ireland.

Complaints to Fidelity and BoA were ignored about the Fidelity Amex card failure to have formal car rental coverage documents so I was stuck but still gambled I was covered.

Never TRUST boA, Card Services ro Fidelity on the Fidley Amex car for car rental coverage.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Green Card and serval bad experience with BoA FIA Card Services personnel.

BoA handles many cards and the rep's clearly can;'t resolve problems.
BoA doesn't even know what FIA acronym stands for!

Originally Posted by SpootyPuff
For those that have had bad experience... do you have the green Fido or the black "private client" version?

I have the black version and haven't had any declined charges.... in fact, my first "purchase" was at Target for $1k

I've also maxed out my $15k line with AGC's without a peep.

I doubt there's a difference between the green and black card's customer service... at least none that I have read, though there are very limited posts on it.

I just called them a few days ago about my disappointment that they send me a mail offer of 5k points/500 spend AFTER already having the card and the lady have put a request for me to get that bonus.... we'll see what happens I guess...
Old Sep 7, 2015, 5:29 am

Amex Fidelity Investment reward card earns 2% on every purchase. I believe this CC can be linked online to Serve account and it will earn rewards, correct? How about if I bought VGCs with this CC? Will it earn 2% reward? Is there any monthly or otherwise cap?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
What's the consensus on this card? I was thinking of applying for it but it sounds like customer service is less than stellar. (I already have a Fidelity 401K and brokerage account thanks to my current employer so that shouldn't be an issue.)
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:52 pm

Hello all,

Newbie question here. I don't have any fidelity account, but I'm interested 2% cash back with this card.
Before posting this question, I did read this forum to an extent.
Can I apply for Fidelity amex card without having any account.
There are some posts #100 and 101 about this question. Looks like I can apply and get without having account. But another post mentioned, we won't get the full 2% without linking this card to fidelity account.
Anyone can clarify this? Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by medimonk
Hello all,

Newbie question here. I don't have any fidelity account, but I'm interested 2% cash back with this card.
Before posting this question, I did read this forum to an extent.
Can I apply for Fidelity amex card without having any account.
There are some posts #100 and 101 about this question. Looks like I can apply and get without having account. But another post mentioned, we won't get the full 2% without linking this card to fidelity account.
Anyone can clarify this? Thank you in advance.
You can apply without Fidelity account. What the other posters were referencing that if you want cashback, as opposed to use the Worldpoints for travel, you need to deposit it to the Fidelity brokerage account. But my understanding is that if you have at least 2,500 points you can request a check for full $25. I just transfer $ to my Fidelity brokerage account.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Newyorker11
Amex Fidelity Investment reward card earns 2% on every purchase. I believe this CC can be linked online to Serve account and it will earn rewards, correct? How about if I bought VGCs with this CC? Will it earn 2% reward? Is there any monthly or otherwise cap?
I have been using this card with Serve (softcard) for little over a year without any issues. It will earn 2% with all kind of purchases, including VGCs.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
What's the consensus on this card? I was thinking of applying for it but it sounds like customer service is less than stellar. (I already have a Fidelity 401K and brokerage account thanks to my current employer so that shouldn't be an issue.)
I only had to deal with them once when i had a fraud alert. it was ok.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by ACVid
You can apply without Fidelity account. What the other posters were referencing that if you want cashback, as opposed to use the Worldpoints for travel, you need to deposit it to the Fidelity brokerage account. But my understanding is that if you have at least 2,500 points you can request a check for full $25. I just transfer $ to my Fidelity brokerage account.

Thank you for the reply. I understand, I can use it as worldpoints for travel, but I cant get cashback without Fidelity account. Is that right? or the other-way round?? Thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by ACVid
Thank you for the reply. I understand, I can use it as worldpoints for travel, but I cant get cashback without Fidelity account. Is that right? or the other-way round?? Thanks.
If you don't have a Fidelity account, you can still redeem your points for cash back as a statement credit (applied to your balance) or as a deposit into a non-Fidelity account. The caveat is that if you redeem for less than 25 000 (not 2500) points, then the ratio is less than 1 cent per point. That means that if you're using the card for cashback and you don't intend to open a Fidelity account of some kind, then you should wait until you get at least $250 in cashback before redeeming or else you'll get less than 2% back.

If you redeem into a Fidelity account, you can redeem less than 25 000 points and still get a value of 1 cent per point.

For what it's worth, most people suggest merely opening a Fidelity Cash Management account. It's basically a checking account, and it's nice to have since it reimburses ATM fees internationally.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
...The caveat is that if you redeem for less than 25 000 (not 2500) points, then the ratio is less than 1 cent per point. ..
You are right. its 25,000 points not 2500.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
If you don't have a Fidelity account, you can still redeem your points for cash back as a statement credit (applied to your balance) or as a deposit into a non-Fidelity account. The caveat is that if you redeem for less than 25 000 (not 2500) points, then the ratio is less than 1 cent per point. That means that if you're using the card for cashback and you don't intend to open a Fidelity account of some kind, then you should wait until you get at least $250 in cashback before redeeming or else you'll get less than 2% back.

If you redeem into a Fidelity account, you can redeem less than 25 000 points and still get a value of 1 cent per point.

For what it's worth, most people suggest merely opening a Fidelity Cash Management account. It's basically a checking account, and it's nice to have since it reimburses ATM fees internationally.
Great, nice info. Thank you. I'll go ahead and open Cash Management account before applying.

What about redeeming points for travel (the worldpoints ). Does it still exist??
Another question, I have noted some anecdotal data combining hard pull if we apply this one and BoA cards in another forum. Is it still possible?
Thank you.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:49 pm
Original Member

Why not just open a Fidelity account. You can get up to 50,000 miles for doing so, on United, American, or Delta.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ints-only.html
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:13 pm

Great, nice info. Thank you. I'll go ahead and open Cash Management account before applying.

What about redeeming points for travel (the worldpoints ). Does it still exist??
Another question, I have noted some anecdotal data combining hard pull if we apply this one and BoA cards in another forum. Is it still possible?
Thank you.
I'm typing from my mobile, so I can't go in depth. I actually made a comprehensive article on Doctor of Credit about World Points redemption. Short answer yes, you can still use the flight options.

The inquiry is from FIA, so it combines with any FIA inquiry. That means only some, not all, Bank of America cards. I'd actually suggest the Fidelity Visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.