Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Fidelity 2% cashback AmEx-network card [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fidelity 2% cashback AmEx-network card [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by takhliq1
If you credit score is in the 700 range, i would expect that you will get the card in the mail in less than 2 weeks. I have never gotten instant approval every time i applied for FIA cards. But my cards showed up in about 10 days.
agreed. me and my fiance both got fia cards in the past month with credit of 750+, i had 3 HP in the past 3 months, fiance had 0. neither of us recieved instant approval, and didn't call reconsideration, but both recieved the cards within 7-10 days
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:38 am

Just got an offer of 5% cash back on up to $500 spend through 3/31 for Airfare | Hotels | Travel agencies | Car rentals | Cruises on my existing card. You can check if you are targeted by going here and clicking on "Don't have one?".
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
Just got an offer of 5% cash back on up to $500 spend through 3/31 for Airfare | Hotels | Travel agencies | Car rentals | Cruises on my existing card. You can check if you are targeted by going here and clicking on "Don't have one?".
Can u use it for car rental - this card benefits are stringent as far as I know. I am wondering about using the Chase Sapphire or AMEX true earnings for car rental - any tips?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by sciconf
Can u use it for car rental - this card benefits are stringent as far as I know. I am wondering about using the Chase Sapphire or AMEX true earnings for car rental - any tips?
Off-topic, but for car rentals use Chase United Explorer or any other card that offers primary insurance coverage. Most cards offer secondary coverage.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by amitgu
So I had my card declined making a large purchase. I was in a hurry and just left the store...
Next day was declined again and called while in store and the CSR fixed it for me and it worked.
The Next day was declined again left the store... Called a few hours later and they said it will be fixed.
In the evening was declined again and had to call while in store to have it fixed.
2 days later declined again... I didn't even call.

Anyone experienced so many declined transactions?
uh, YES!

We have had a very frustrating experience attempting to use this card. It is declined all the time -- at local establishments, trusted vendors, etc.

Customer service is extremely poor. You are not getting American Express or Fidelity customer service, you get Bank of America generic service.

My advice for those who value quality of life, happiness and sanity: stay away from the Fidelity American Express Investment Rewards card. We're switching to the Citibank double cash back card (or whatever it is called).
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Bertown
uh, YES!

Customer service is extremely poor. You are not getting American Express or Fidelity customer service, you get Bank of America generic service.

My advice for those who value quality of life, happiness and sanity: stay away from the Fidelity American Express Investment Rewards card. We're switching to the Citibank double cash back card (or whatever it is called).
MORE THAN POOR! I would not have come aboard this thread.

Idk if anyone else in 2015 has been getting crazy security sensitivity from Fidelity but I've been annoyed lately.

I've called Fidelity over 10 times already this year about blocked charges, it has never happened to me for the decades I used AE.

What pissed me off was most of times I called, it was a denied repeating charge. Subscriptions and repeated vendors used for the company.

AE Fidelity assures me it won't happen again and than I call back in 2 hours saying it denied again.

AE Fidelity is BOfA's garbage support.

--------

On the side of my rant, definitely keep us posted if you run into any issues on the Citi card. I'm considering to switch
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I've had very good experiences with this card. I do remember getting declined once for a high 3-figure purchase when I had just decided to switch and make it my primary card, but I got a call from customer service before I was even out of the store (I paid with a different card). Have had to dispute a few charges, again with no problem. I have a lot of money with Fidelity, but I doubt that has anything to do with it; I don't think I get a different customer service line.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone ever attempted to pay the card in a BofA branch office? If so, how'd it work out?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:52 pm

Is it just me or the declines on this card has gone through the roof? I had 0 fraud these past few years and my simple repeating merchants (for the business) were declined.

Sometimes they decline charges as little as 3 figures.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheChallenge
Has anyone ever attempted to pay the card in a BofA branch office? If so, how'd it work out?
Doesn't work last time I tried a few months ago. BofA system does NOT see the FIA cards. I think UNTIL the FIA card is shown on your BofA log in, you would not be able to pay it at a branch. As of now, my BofA log in only lists the 123 and AS cards. FIA has its own log in despite it claims it is now merged to BofA system but everything seems to remain the same.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:22 pm

So if you've been banned by BofA, does that mean this card is inaccessible?

I'm in good standing with Fido, but BofA wants no part of my business, whatsoever. No credit. No deposit. No FreakingFlyer!

But FreakingFlyer wants a Fido Amexico.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer
BofA wants no part of my business, whatsoever. No credit. No deposit. No FreakingFlyer!
What in the world did you do to get banned, I never heard of anyone getting banned
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by sciconf
I suggest you to use Citi Premier for car rentals. 3 points starting on Apr 19th, and I think it also gives you primary coverage. The coverage is worldwide, same as Chase cards. The coverage also includes luxury cars up to $100k (twice the Chase coverage).
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by yugi
I suggest you to use Citi Premier for car rentals. 3 points starting on Apr 19th, and I think it also gives you primary coverage. The coverage is worldwide, same as Chase cards. The coverage also includes luxury cars up to $100k (twice the Chase coverage).
Prestige is secondary rental insurance in the US.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mrmandel
Prestige is secondary rental insurance in the US.
Yes, Prestige is secondary, but I heard that Premier becoming primary from Apr 19th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.