Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

No more Covid testing to travel to USA- reversed for travelers from China Jan 5, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Covid testing to travel to USA- reversed for travelers from China Jan 5, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2022, 4:27 am

The CDC have quietly removed the banner saying they are reviewing the travel advice from their website to reflect the updated guidelines stating vaccinated and unvaccinated should follow the same guidance i.e. there's no difference, so at the moment even that glimmer of hope looks to have been extinguished.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ir-travel.html
Old Aug 25, 2022, 4:35 am

Is there any time limit on how long vaccine certificates are valid to enter USA? My most recent (third) shot was in January and I plan to fly to USA in October. Will I need to get number 4 before I go?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Grey Nomad
Is there any time limit on how long vaccine certificates are valid to enter USA? My most recent (third) shot was in January and I plan to fly to USA in October. Will I need to get number 4 before I go?
Nope. Even if you had just two shots it would have been enough.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Science!
the810 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
It was just announced that Novak Djokovic will miss the U.S. Open for sure, so there seems little hope of an update to the rules in September yet.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Because CDC guidance no longer distinguishes between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated, which makes the vaccine requirement not just illogical and unscientific, but also incongruent.
ksucats, BLV, 84fiero and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Furthermore, some airlines continue to keep online check-in disabled for inbound international flights due to the attestation form, even if the form no longer applies to citizens or permanent residents. I don't see these airlines enabling OLCI again until that requirement is dropped.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 3:15 am

Well its the last day of the month

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...d-19-pandemic/Sec. 5. Termination. This proclamation shall remain in effect until terminated by the President. The Secretary of Health and Human Services shall, as circumstances warrant and no more than 60 days after the date of this proclamation and by the final day of each calendar month thereafter, recommend whether the President should continue, modify, or terminate this proclamation.

Lets see if we hear a peep from the Whitehouse today.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:58 pm

Just to confirm, all US citizens flying back to the US internationally back to the US do not require any covid test right?

I got an email that said Jetblue no longer requires a negative covid test but says they must complete contact tracing in advance. What exactly is contact tracing?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by jerry90210
Just to confirm, all US citizens flying back to the US internationally back to the US do not require any covid test right?

I got an email that said Jetblue no longer requires a negative covid test but says they must complete contact tracing in advance. What exactly is contact tracing?
Correct, no test required. Contact tracing is your info and address. Can be done online during check in with Jetblue.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
Correct, no test required. Contact tracing is your info and address. Can be done online during check in with Jetblue.

Thanks. So you would do that on your phone when at check in on your phone if you haven't? So you would have to move to the side and get to the back of the line again? Or they let you just do it there?

How do you know if you already done this?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerry90210
Thanks. So you would do that on your phone when at check in on your phone if you haven't? So you would have to move to the side and get to the back of the line again? Or they let you just do it there?

How do you know if you already done this?
I just checked in on my laptop (or the app, don't remember) 4-5 hours before the flight, did the contact tracing info (and the attestation form) online and got a mobile boarding pass. Then went straight to security, as I was HBO. If you are flying Mint from Gatwick, there is priority security line as well (it is called "Premium"), or you can book it separately for 5 GBP.

I am not sure how they will handle the paperwork if you check in at the counter. I suggest you do OLCI and drop your bags.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:20 pm

What is the attestation form? Usually I just wait in line and check in and the person there does everything. So most likely I can just do the same then? I do recall you need to print the boarding pass at one of the machines first before you get in line right?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The attestation form is a remnant from when tests were required. It is now used mostly to indicate vaccination status for non-US citizens. However, it still technically shows up in the Jetblue check-in for US Citizens and permanent residents as well, but it is nothing of importance, as there are no vaccination or testing requirements for citizens and LPRs.

I am not sure how they will handle the check in paperwork if you check in in person. They will probably have a way. But it may be easier to check in online and then get a paper boarding pass there when you drop your bags.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Originally Posted by Alec84
As expected, there are some interesting replies with opposite views on what might happen. Thanks!
Is the concensus that since the requirement of being vaccinated did not go away, it will stay for many months to come?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.