Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

No more Covid testing to travel to USA- reversed for travelers from China Jan 5, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Covid testing to travel to USA- reversed for travelers from China Jan 5, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
You have way too much faith in the US government
LOL...good grief.

You know, now that these restrictions, that should never have been imposed on US citizens or PRs, have been lifted there's absolutely zero pressure for them to do anything. Not that anyone cares what I think but it's clearly time to retire all of these pandemic measures, in my view.

PS - Not only is there no test or attestation, in my most recent experience, GE at SFO only spits out the exit form and doesn't even bother with those 4 questions.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: some
So now that the pandemic in the US is officially over from what I understand, surely the vaccination requirement is to disappear as well, right?
84fiero, LETTERBOY and volabam like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Scheitan
So now that the pandemic in the US is officially over from what I understand, surely the vaccination requirement is to disappear as well, right?
Its been reported a few times over the last week that Canada is expected to drop their Covid measures on the 30th.
Canada reportedly set to lift vaccine requirements for people entering country, a move that would impact unvaccinated professional athletes
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ional-athletes

I've also read that its more than likely the US will drop theirs the same time, lets hope.
84fiero, LETTERBOY and volabam like this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Sep 22, 2022 at 10:48 am Reason: Font size
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Howmuch

I've also read that its more than likely the US will drop theirs the same time, lets hope.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Scheitan
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that.

Better do, I fly on the 7th
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:09 am

Good luck
Howmuch likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I wouldn't expect any movement so close to an election. Basically nobody cares about the requirements for foreigners, unfortunately.
LETTERBOY and volabam like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I wouldn't expect any movement so close to an election. Basically nobody cares about the requirements for foreigners, unfortunately.
The tourism industry would disagree.

Anyway, its looking more and more likely that Canada´s entry restrictions will finish a week today
Trudeau OKs end of COVID vaccine border rule, mandatory ArriveCan use

The federal government is still deciding whether to maintain the requirement for passengers to wear face masks on trains and airplanes
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...9-travel-rules

In normal times it would be inconceivable that the other side of the boarder were to keep restrictions in place but who knows, I am buoyed by the fact Biden's acknowledged the pandemic is actually over.
ksucats, Silver Fox and volabam like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by Howmuch
, I am buoyed by the fact Biden's acknowledged the pandemic is actually over.
You're kidding yourself.

That was an off-the-cuff statement during a single interview, not a decision by the US government nor even the president. It has been walked back multiple times.

Id also say that the tourist industry is not overly concerned with foreign non-vaxed looking to book into the USA. Business is fine as it is.

Historically, in the USA, deaths, COVID infections and flu **all** peak in the winter months...we are currently entering the beginning of that annual phase. FWIW.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
You're kidding yourself.

That was an off-the-cuff statement during a single interview, not a decision by the US government nor even the president. It has been walked back multiple times.

Id also say that the tourist industry is not overly concerned with foreign non-vaxed looking to book into the USA. Business is fine as it is.

Historically, in the USA, deaths, COVID infections and flu **all** peak in the winter months...we are currently entering the beginning of that annual phase. FWIW.
Whether the statement was off the cuff or not and even if it's been walked back, the fact is that for travel restriction purposes COVID is over and we're seeing most if not almost all countries removing vaccine requirements (Canada and Japan most recently). USA should as well regardless of tourism considerations.

I'm saying this as a US citizen with a vax card so its not like I couldn't previously get into countries with vaccine requirements and now that I can I feel it should reciprocal. No, I think it should be removed because it's the right thing to do.

Last edited by friedablass; Sep 23, 2022 at 2:48 pm
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:21 am

And now it’s official

Border vaccine rules, mandatory use of ArriveCAN, mask mandates on planes, trains ends Oct. 1

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/arr...-end-1.6595710

I am surprised at them dropping masks on planes at the same time but glad they have.

Come on America it’s over to you now.
Rare, ksucats, N830MH and 14 others like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Isn't it ironic that the US, having one of the highest populations of unvaccinated people in the world, is also the last bastion of vaccination status-based entry regulations?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:16 pm

Incredibly the Biden administration have just extended the travel ban for unvaccinated travelers who aren't US residents until january 8, 2023

They did this very discreetly clearly not wanting to cause a stir, it’s nowhere in the news, just an emergency amendment so airlines are aware.

Apparently the original was due to expire on the 8th of November.

https://www.tsa.gov/sites/default/fi...544-21-03a.pdf

Last edited by Howmuch; Nov 3, 2022 at 1:49 pm
Old Nov 6, 2022, 6:28 am

I am US citizen and will travel to Thailand for 2 weeks in November. I have received 2 Pfizer vaccine shots and 2 booster shots. I will take the CDC covid-19 vaccination card with me on this trip .My return flight itinerary is BKK ==> SIN==> SFO with Singapore airline and no stop over in Singapore. Do I still to show a Covid-19 proof test at airline check in counter in Bangkok before my flight departs from Bangkok airport or at Singapore airport

Last edited by vnfilm1; Nov 6, 2022 at 6:43 am
Old Nov 6, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Do I still to show any Covid-19 proof test at airline check in counter in Bangkok before my flight departs from Bangkok airport or at Singapore airport
No, you just need to show proof of vaccination upon check-in at BKK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.