Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Issues re EMed/Abbot Binaxnow Navica Tests.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
CHECK THIS LINK FOR YOUR LOT NUMBER ON YOUR BinaxNOW Covid Tests for the extended expiration date:
  • Lot 195-200: https://www.emed.com/hubfs/Case%2001269955-COL-03030%20BinaxNOW%E2%84%A2%20COVID-19%20Ag%20Home%20Test%20%20Product%20Expiry%20Upda te%20-%20Customer%20Letter%20EN%20%20-%20%20US.pdf?hsLang=en
  • Lot 195-200 and 195-100: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/binax-now/scrtechs-0381-v8-binaxnow-covid-19-ag-home-test-product.pdf
  • Lot 195-000: https://www.healthvermont.gov/sites/default/files/documents/pdf/COVID-19-BinaxNOW-Expiry-Extension.pdf

Previously, it was on https://ohio.emed.com/ but the link has been removed.

The good news is that as of mid-Dec 2021, Abbott Labs is apparently shipping only kits with printed expiration dates well into 2022.

*Hat Tip to poster Blue Skye

Print Wikipost

Issues re EMed/Abbot Binaxnow Navica Tests.

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2022, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
I tested with eMed this morning, and got the email and pdf within a minute. However the results were not added to my Navica account (although the previous 7 test results are there). I sent a message to eMed 8 hrs ago, but they haven't responded.
Had the same a few weeks back, which prevented me from linking Navica to my United app (since the Navica app never reflected my test. Still doesn’t).

Last edited by jamienbaker; May 25, 2022 at 5:01 am
Old May 25, 2022, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Had the same a few weeks back, which prevented me from linking Navica to my United app (since the Navica app never reflected my test. Still doesn’t).
You just need to upload an unencrypted copy of the PDF to UA. I've only ever had them link my Navica result to the UA app once. I have no idea how/why that was offered to me nce and never again.
Old May 25, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I've literally never tried to link Navica. I just take a screenshot of the PDF on my phone and upload it to wherever it needs to go.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT
TLV-IST-LAX

Has anyone used eMed on TK for TLV-IST-LAX

Last edited by dutyfree; May 25, 2022 at 8:25 pm
Old May 26, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Another successful use of eMed / Navica this week. No wait for a proctor, and results received by email immediately after the negative result
Xyzzy, N1120A, kirkwoodj and 3 others like this.
Old May 26, 2022, 6:02 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
So if we can’t get the eMed test results to link to our reservation, is it acceptable to show the email at the airport?
Old May 26, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Noticed with emed if you DO NOT confirm the sign in with Navica (step 2 or 3 once you login to eMed and start a test) it will NOT place the results in Navica. e.g. if you click skip, results will never go into Navica. Not had an issue each time I've ensured I've not hit Skip

jamienbaker and N1120A like this.
Old May 26, 2022, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Ericka
So if we can’t get the eMed test results to link to our reservation, is it acceptable to show the email at the airport?
Yes. I've just displayed the email at the airport.
Ericka and LETTERBOY like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 2:01 pm

For those who got reimbursement from Kaiser for eMed purchased test kits...did eMed send you an invoice to send in? All eMed sent me is an order confirmation pdf. Was that enough?
Old May 27, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by lobo411
For those who got reimbursement from Kaiser for eMed purchased test kits...did eMed send you an invoice to send in? All eMed sent me is an order confirmation pdf. Was that enough?
Yes that worked for Kaiser. Though they will only give you $72 now ($12 per test). It takes a long time.
lobo411 likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by beltway
FYI, for a time Optum was giving free 2-day shipping on the 2-pack kits, but these days they’re charging $7.99 for expedited shipping (2-4 business days) and $5.99 for standard (4-7 biz days).
Following up to say that I stupidly thought I’d save a few bucks by ordering Qured kits (AA discount + free shipping). Discovered the hard way that Qured test proctors vary enormously in their competence; that the promised 2-hr turnaround on test results is, er, unreliable; and that the “24/7” customer service may take 10 hours to respond to email. (The availability of required session slots & the overall process also struck me as much inferior to the BinaxNow process.) After several stressful hours & an extra 20€ for an in-person test at a pharmacy, I’ve learned my lesson.

I’m lucky that my flight back a) left on a Saturday, not a Sunday or holiday, and b) was scheduled lat enough in the day that pharmacy testing services were open. Otherwise, I’d have had to shell out big bucks (Euros?) for a test at the airport, assuming there even was such a service; I feel lucky to have avoided total disaster.
Old May 29, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Traveling home from Italy on a Monday. Best option for virtual proctoring on a Sunday?

Alternatlivey, does anyone have any experience getting an actual test on a Sunday in Milan?
Old May 29, 2022, 7:44 am

Not sure what's going on with the Navica app. Used EMed without a hitch a number of times in the past, but last week when we tried to use the app, it reported both our valid tests as expired. We had to go directly to the EMed website to use our tests, which were not expired.
Old May 29, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Testing now in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Wait was 7 minutes for a proctor. First time I’ve seen a wait.
Old May 29, 2022, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Traveling home from Italy on a Monday. Best option for virtual proctoring on a Sunday?

Alternatlivey, does anyone have any experience getting an actual test on a Sunday in Milan?
If in-person testing at a pharmacy Monday morning isn’t an option owing to early departure, go with BinaxNow, which I used on a Sunday (from Italy, no less) with no trouble back in March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.