Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Issues re EMed/Abbot Binaxnow Navica Tests.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
CHECK THIS LINK FOR YOUR LOT NUMBER ON YOUR BinaxNOW Covid Tests for the extended expiration date:
  • Lot 195-200: https://www.emed.com/hubfs/Case%2001269955-COL-03030%20BinaxNOW%E2%84%A2%20COVID-19%20Ag%20Home%20Test%20%20Product%20Expiry%20Upda te%20-%20Customer%20Letter%20EN%20%20-%20%20US.pdf?hsLang=en
  • Lot 195-200 and 195-100: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/binax-now/scrtechs-0381-v8-binaxnow-covid-19-ag-home-test-product.pdf
  • Lot 195-000: https://www.healthvermont.gov/sites/default/files/documents/pdf/COVID-19-BinaxNOW-Expiry-Extension.pdf

Previously, it was on https://ohio.emed.com/ but the link has been removed.

The good news is that as of mid-Dec 2021, Abbott Labs is apparently shipping only kits with printed expiration dates well into 2022.

*Hat Tip to poster Blue Skye

Print Wikipost

Issues re EMed/Abbot Binaxnow Navica Tests.

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
If in-person testing at a pharmacy Monday morning isn’t an option owing to early departure, go with BinaxNow, which I used on a Sunday (from Italy, no less) with no trouble back in March.
I’ve had no problem leaving Italy, except one time when I forgot I had manually selected the cellphone provider and couldn’t get a signal in the airport. Check was at the gate and I almost didn’t get on. Ever since, I’ve been taking screen shots of everything.
Old May 29, 2022, 7:26 pm

Azova and Flowflex

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Traveling home from Italy on a Monday. Best option for virtual proctoring on a Sunday?

Alternatlivey, does anyone have any experience getting an actual test on a Sunday in Milan?
I'm going to recommend again Azova with Flowflex. The Flowflex tests are $8 at Target and reimbursable with insurance so just pick up a few extra in case of problems. Then separately sign up for the $20 proctoring with Azova (not reimbursable). I scheduled my appointment a day in advance with no issue and find the overall process better with Azova vs Emed. Just used it again for a trip. They don't use the proctor for the results (only observing the swab), they just have you upload a picture of the device and I had the verified results back within a minute.

The flowflex boxes are a lot smaller and easier to pack than Binaxnow and I think the test itself is easier to administer.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriot (via SPG) Lifetime Gold
Wife and I took emed tests this am, but stupidly hit skip when we reached the NAVICA link so there’s nothing showing in that app. Will a hard copy of the pdf attached to the email suffice? FWIW, there’s no QR code on it. This is for flying from Madrid to the US on Iberia.

Last edited by mtimmer; May 29, 2022 at 11:09 pm
Old May 29, 2022, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by mtimmer
Wife and I took embed tests this am, but stupidly hit skip when we reached the NAVICA link so there’s nothing showing in that app. Will a hard copy of the pdf attached to the email suffice? FWIW, there’s no QR code on it. This is for flying from Madrid to the US on Iberia.
yes.
mtimmer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:28 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm buying kits for the first time. We want to reenter the US from Canada. Is $150 for a 6 pack a typical price to pay?

https://store.emed.com/s/product/det...c00000M7G8yAAF

How many days in advance do I need to schedule the proctor? We won't have internet for several days but will on the first day of the trip and the final day of the trip.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm buying kits for the first time. We want to reenter the US from Canada. Is $150 for a 6 pack a typical price to pay?

https://store.emed.com/s/product/det...c00000M7G8yAAF

How many days in advance do I need to schedule the proctor? We won't have internet for several days but will on the first day of the trip and the final day of the trip.
That sounds like the right price. No need to schedule a proctor in advance (not even aware of an option to). I've never waited more than 30 seconds or so once ready to start the test.
SanDiego1K, chrisny2 and sapman986 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by econ
That sounds like the right price. No need to schedule a proctor in advance (not even aware of an option to). I've never waited more than 30 seconds or so once ready to start the test.
In Italy on Monday, three of us had to wait 12 minutes each to get a proctor. I never had to wait previously. Maybe it was just a blip, but a wait might be experienced. Once connected, the rest of the time is as stated.
chrisny2 and sapman986 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I noticed that eMed only seems to offer FedEx overnight shipping. Am I missing something to select a different shipping method, or is that all they offer?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Heads up, my SO tore off both the covering and aches I’ve strips right before closing it. Luckily sticky part went back on, test stuck closed, and they counted it.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Can anyone confirm if they’ve changed the process to purchase the kits?

i want to get a 6-pack to cover our requirements for us (fam of 4) to come back to the US from SIN. When I go through there purchase process - it asks for my name, address, etc. however, I thought when I mocked this process a few months ago, it wanted names of all individuals who would use the tests. Just wanted to make sure I’m not doing anything wrong, and can buy these under my name for use for all of us.

i do understand we’d all need separate Emed accounts after purchase (although I’m not sure how it works for my younger kids - presumably they can be under one of the adult account?). Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything in the process that won’t allow us to all be able to use a test kit from a single order.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by emcampbe

i want to get a 6-pack to cover our requirements for us (fam of 4) to come back to the US from SIN. When I go through there purchase process - it asks for my name, address, etc. however, I thought when I mocked this process a few months ago, it wanted names of all individuals who would use the tests. Just wanted to make sure I’m not doing anything wrong, and can buy these under my name for use for all of us.

i do understand we’d all need separate Emed accounts after purchase (although I’m not sure how it works for my younger kids - presumably they can be under one of the adult account?). Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything in the process that won’t allow us to all be able to use a test kit from a single order.
Should not be an issue, all of our tests were bought in my name, and worked fine at 2 separate times this past week.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by emcampbe

The only reason to care about whose name the order is in is if your insurance company has a per person limit on how many tests can be submitted for reimbursement. On Emed (or maybe its Navica), you can add a minor to your own account. Would recommend doing that in advance so you don't have to fumble around with it when you're ready to test.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:17 am

does anybody know of any emed alternatives that don't charge for shipping but are still accepted for travel?
Thanks
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sam007
does anybody know of any emed alternatives that don't charge for shipping but are still accepted for travel?
Thanks
Azova. You buy tests at the store and pay $20 for the video monitoring. Look on their website for which tests are approved. Last time I checked, Flowflex were approved which are available at Target, Costco and I think Walgreens. $6-$10 each and reimbursable by insurance. The $20 monitoring is not reimbursable.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:33 am

What's the expiration date for tests ordered today from emed?

I see that the Wiki says "well into 2022", which isn't very specific, especially since we're in June.

Abbott Letterhead (healthvermont.gov) lists expiration dates as early as July. Are these still being sold?

Last edited by richarddd; Jun 6, 2022 at 7:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.