Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

How many trips have you taken since Corona "took hold"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many trips have you taken since Corona "took hold"?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2020, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by PointsPanda
Global Adventurer I have not flown domestic on AM, but have taken Interjet and Volaris no food or snacks are being served on any flight, but this may have changed. I had a friend take AM and she told me even in business class no food, drink nothing. The situation may have changed recently I haven't taken a domestic flight in AM in 3 months.

Almost all the lounges have reopened in both T1 and T2 (though Amex Centurion lounge in T2 remains closed).

Regarding the QR screening each time they are getting more and more slack about it. I think they'll get rid of it altogether soon. The reason there was a big delay in DOMESTIC flights is they needed to teach people how to use the QR code on their phone one by one with probably half the people taking 1-2 minutes to understand, imagine you have 30 people in line needing help you can imagine how this could quickly get out of hand with not that many people. I don't know if they are still doing the QR code form for domestic flights.
Last week, it appeared that anybody going through Terminal 2 (international and local) were being checked via the QR app. And yes, you are right, they are really slacking. nobody really checks your answers or anything. after going through there three times, I can fill it out in less than a minute now. lol Thanks for the headsup on the food. I'll make sure I stuff my face at the Salon Premier lounge again before boarding. The lounge only sells real food now and gives snacks and liquor for free. I saw folks with sandwiches etc and was getting excited, until the staff member told me there was a cost involved and that all transactions were cash, which I had no pesos since I was leaving. Do you know anything about the seat assignments? Are they free at checkin for basic economy?
Old Oct 23, 2020, 5:59 pm

Programs: No airline/hotel status use, Chase UR, Amex MR, CapOne etc
Not sure about seat assignments but I doubt they give you option to choose a seat if you purchased BE.

I was in Salon premier just 2 weeks ago there was very little food being served, no waiters, no bar service. Just a few very small packaged crackers and cookies, a self serve bar and a fridge. There is really nothing to "stuff your face" with in the lounge. If you want a proper piece of protein i'd get it at one of the restaurants. I didn't see this waiter service, heck I didn't see anyone at all was a ghost town.

Could be it was a slow hour and this a new service they are bringing in. Could also be your friend is confusing the AM lounge with some of the other lounges that bring you food, maybe they started charging.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Not sure about seat assignments but I doubt they give you option to choose a seat if you purchased BE.

I was in Salon premier just 2 weeks ago there was very little food being served, no waiters, no bar service. Just a few very small packaged crackers and cookies, a self serve bar and a fridge. There is really nothing to "stuff your face" with in the lounge. If you want a proper piece of protein i'd get it at one of the restaurants. I didn't see this waiter service, heck I didn't see anyone at all was a ghost town.

Could be it was a slow hour and this a new service they are bringing in. Could also be your friend is confusing the AM lounge with some of the other lounges that bring you food, maybe they started charging.
They actually had food in clear to go containers. I saw people eating sandwiches. The wait staff told me they were selling those sandwiches and other food but for cash only. That was last Friday. A week before I saw no food, just peanuts, yogurt, cookies and liquor/milk/water.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 6:13 pm

These photos I took when I arrived for my 4pm flight. As time went by more people arrived and that's when I noticed people with to-go containers with food. Maybe the Centurion lounge will be open by the time my next flight departs in November.

Old Oct 23, 2020, 7:51 pm

35 segments so far, mostly domestic US. My only international flights have been a return from Peru mid march (right before they locked down!), and two trips to Canada (YWG) to visit family. I am scheduled to depart Sunday for my first overseas trip since the pandemic (assuming my required COVID test comes back negative, fingers crossed!) Overall, airports seem much busier now than a few months ago but most people appear to be following safety guidelines (masks, keeping distance, etc.)
Presguy likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
7 segments between 28 February - 15 March 2020
42 segments on & after 1 June 2020
Presguy likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
0 flights. Currently one night in a hotel 3 hours outside of Sydney and 1 night in Wollongong. The end.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
They actually had food in clear to go containers. I saw people eating sandwiches. The wait staff told me they were selling those sandwiches and other food but for cash only. That was last Friday. A week before I saw no food, just peanuts, yogurt, cookies and liquor/milk/water.
Good to know but if you have to pay i'd rather pay for some "real" hot food before I go to the lounge rather then some dank sandwich, esp considering how many great options there are in MEX T2. Thats very cheeky of them to try to charge money, but being how badly in dire straits they are in right now not surprised.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 9:14 am

Good to know but if you have to pay i'd rather pay for some "real" hot food before I go to the lounge rather then some dank sandwich, esp considering how many great options there are in MEX T2. Thats very cheeky of them to try to charge money, but being how badly in dire straits they are in right now not surprised.
Do you know anygood place off the top of your head to eat in T2??? I never paid any attention to any of the establishments. I just always walk straight to the lounge after going through security. Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2020, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Do you know anygood place off the top of your head to eat in T2??? I never paid any attention to any of the establishments. I just always walk straight to the lounge after going through security. Thanks!
There are tons of restaurants everywhere both for sit down and takeout, many of which are on the stairs on the way to the lounge.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Just one trip to Italy and it looks like no more this year unless a miracle happens and the USA opens its borders. I would be willing to quarantine so am immensely frustrated by the strange attitude.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Woohoo! Yesterday pushed me to 89.

The only thing that's got me bothered is that, *assuming* nothing comes up, I'll be ending the (Corona) year on 98.

Totally arbitrary, yes, but ending on 100 would be a silly little feather in my cap.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 10:01 pm

3 round trips, all USA-domestic.
Got two more trips this month and next month.
All flights less than 2.5 hours. I'm holding off on longer flights for now.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 2:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
About ten commercial flights within Europe since July. The last few have been private charter, and I expect my trip next week will be as well.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Presguy
Woohoo! Yesterday pushed me to 89.

The only thing that's got me bothered is that, *assuming* nothing comes up, I'll be ending the (Corona) year on 98.

Totally arbitrary, yes, but ending on 100 would be a silly little feather in my cap.
Take a daytrip somewhere close and inexpensive!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.