Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

How many trips have you taken since Corona "took hold"?

How many trips have you taken since Corona "took hold"?

Old Jan 24, 2021, 1:06 am

Been restricted by access controls to my destination choice

2 Trips to CPT

LHR-CPT-LHR
LHR-CPT-JNB-DOH-LHR
Old Jan 24, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by HAudidoody
Zero. Until travel is fun and hassle free again, I'm not going anywhere.
If you are waiting "Until travel is fun and hassle free again" it could be a really, really long time! :-)
That said with 91 flights to 17 states last year and 6 flights to 3 states this year. I strongly recommend you stay out of MI! The restaurant lock down situation alone makes NY and CA feel like a tropical vacation.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
25 segments since after March which is pretty much when I defined the world has having ended (from a US perspective). All U.S. domestic travel.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 11:00 am
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Zero. Haven't flown since August 2019...
Old Jan 24, 2021, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
If you are waiting "Until travel is fun and hassle free again" it could be a really, really long time! :-)
That said with 91 flights to 17 states last year and 6 flights to 3 states this year. I strongly recommend you stay out of MI! The restaurant lock down situation alone makes NY and CA feel like a tropical vacation.
Isn't MI reopening indoor dinning because of sCiEnSe?
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Isn't MI reopening indoor dinning because of sCiEnSe?
Not as of 01/23/2021. Maybe after Da governor leaves for DC?

Last edited by Dublin_rfk; Jan 24, 2021 at 7:49 pm
Old Jan 24, 2021, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Feb 1
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: DL PM, UA 1K, Bonvoy Platinum elite Lifetime Gold, Hertz President's Circle
13. I'm driving a lot more these days.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Last year, after March, simply LHR-MXP and VCE-LHR.
This year, I'm really praying I can do BHX-DUB-LHR and, unless the US decides to open its borders, that's about it.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
14 round trips since March 2020 including 5 international.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Flying out of DTW on Sunday was fun. The day before I had dinner in the McNamara terminal and it was ridiculous, barely anything open and those that were you had to take the food "to go" but could eat it outside of the restaurant or in the gate area..... all still inside. Finally settled on Chili's because it was one of the few places open selling non-fast food and some alcohol selections. On Sunday I flew out of the North terminal and that was even better, Starbucks and another coffee place were only open till about 11 and then promptly closed, and everything else was shutdown besides McDonalds, some hot dog place, and a couple of news shops. I saw the restaurants that opened on weekdays don't even sell alcohol. Absolutely ridiculous, was happy to get to IAD where the alcohol was flowing.
the810 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 2:13 am

Programs: UA, AS, Volaris, VivaAerobús
1 trip in Sept 2020.
The thought of sitting in a plane full people and hanging out at the airport whose status you don't know was unsettling, but because the trip was to do prep work so my mother's house was ready for the winter made the trip a necessity,
Old Jan 27, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
I flew 161 domestic segments in 2020. Commuting travel between IAH & WAS for the entire year, with multiple SDC"s & a few MR's mixed in. Never slowed down. Business actually went through the roof for the pandemic & doesn't show any signs of slowing down.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
Flying out of DTW on Sunday was fun. The day before I had dinner in the McNamara terminal and it was ridiculous, barely anything open and those that were you had to take the food "to go" but could eat it outside of the restaurant or in the gate area..... all still inside. Finally settled on Chili's because it was one of the few places open selling non-fast food and some alcohol selections. On Sunday I flew out of the North terminal and that was even better, Starbucks and another coffee place were only open till about 11 and then promptly closed, and everything else was shutdown besides McDonalds, some hot dog place, and a couple of news shops. I saw the restaurants that opened on weekdays don't even sell alcohol. Absolutely ridiculous, was happy to get to IAD where the alcohol was flowing.
I'm sorry I misunderstood the statement. I don't equate anything served in an airport to be food. :-)
Old Jan 27, 2021, 1:15 pm

Looks like things are about to get very, very interesting. It is being reported that the current administration is looking into requiring preflight testing. Some of us who travel on zero notice are going to have fun. Or maybe we'll need to schedule Monday, Wednesday, Friday testing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.