Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

How many trips have you taken since Corona "took hold"?

How many trips have you taken since Corona "took hold"?

Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Time to scratch the itch. Off to Prague in the car in the morning.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Time to scratch the itch. Off to Prague in the car in the morning.
I'm off to Prague tomorrow evening, but I'm taking a train (enjoying a mask-free island of sanity). Staying for 21 nights, the longest hotel stay of my life
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Zero since March and I have not slept anywhere but my home.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 11:52 am

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott, BW, Avis
3 visits to Ottawa (500kms away), 2 by plane and one by car. A 5 day backpacking trip in Algonquin Park. Just about to land in Vancouver to visit some family. More trips to Montreal and Ottawa lined up in the next few weeks.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
My last trip (4 flight segments LGA-CLT-RSW and back) was at the very end February. Lots of Purell and wipes for the seats and such. None since then. Most of my travel is to scientific and medical conferences. I had one scheduled at the end of March in Italy. I would have canceled but the entire meeting canceled as I suspected. One was scheduled for April that went virtual. Most have either canceled or gone virtual. Even as far out as next spring some have announced they will be virtual I would be surprised if I flew anywhere until close to 2022.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Took a short (1 hr drive, 2 night hotel stay) road trip at the beginning of July. Otherwise last trip was second weekend of March (SFO-ORD). I'm planning to visit my parents in a couple weeks, which will require a cross-country flight, I'm planning on full PPE on the way there, mask and face shield on the return.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 10:26 pm

Um, aside from walks around my neighborhood, I've left my apartment twice: once to go to the doctor, once to go to UPS.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA
Domestic trip around once a month.
International trips once in Jul - Aug. Planning for international trips is quite challenging these days, especially if you are going to places with no major airport. I ended up staying for 2 nights at airside hotel waiting for the next flight since that country doesn't allow any foreigner in, but allow transiting passengers.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Zero.
oreocookies likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 3:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Four segments between Mexico and Tucson. Have four more flight segments to fly next month.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Interesting thread! I've done 5 segments since 15 March... Left the UK to go to Cambodia when all the talk from the UK government was "herd immunity", only for them a couple of days later to start changing their tune - what should have been a holiday turned in to a stress trying to get back in to Thailand as they started to shut down, and then an early plane home BKK-LHR on the day lockdown was announced in the UK.

About to do my first work trip in a couple of weeks LHR-MUC, intend to keep myself to myself and hope that I don't get sat next to one of the "masks are muzzles" crowd
Old Aug 11, 2020, 5:29 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
3 segments.

I live in Australia where the government bans international outbound travel for citizens and permanent residents (no kidding) except for extraordinary circumstances.

Unfortunately such a circumstance occurred when my wifeís father passed away from the virus so we flew SYD-HND-ARN in late June (see trip report here). Regrettably the government approval process took so long we didnít get to say goodbye.

Now we have escaped Australiaís grasp we are planning 6 segments (ARN//FCN//ARN) in November and 2 segments to north of Sweden for a white Christmas then 3 more segments back to Australia in January.

hopefully we will then meet the criteria of living overseas so approval for our next trip will be simpler.

Australia is becoming more like North Korea with knee jerk reactions and little to show for it except a second wave.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 5:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
About to do my first work trip in a couple of weeks LHR-MUC, intend to keep myself to myself and hope that I don't get sat next to one of the "masks are muzzles" crowd
I think it's unlikely that you will. For that kind of distance, I think most people who strongly object to wearing a muzzle would choose to drive.

I nearly pulled the trigger on my first flight of the summer today - ZRH-CPH. Under normal circumstances, this kind of distance (about 1,300km) would be a line call between flying or driving for me. To a city with such excellent public transport and expensive parking, I would probably have chosen to fly under normal circumstances. But the muzzle tipped the balance and I'm in the car.
the810 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: Southwest, US Airways, Hilton Marriott
Iím on a flight from MDW to TPA at the moment. SWA 737-800 with 50 people on board. My PHX-MDW flight two days ago was ďfull.Ē (All middle seats open) the actual flying is not bad at all. Itís the hotel and restaurant situations that cause issues. Book an MDW Marriott of any brand and you are consolidated into the Courtyard. The Courtyard has restaurant and bar closed. The Foodcourt is closed in MDW. This mornings breakfast was the water and macadamia nuts a brought with me. Ps...onboard SWA is water and some packaged cookie thing. Thatís it. But, weíve been to Denver to go to Wyoming. Spokane to go to Northern Idaho. Boise to go to Southern Idaho. Salt Lake for the wilds of Utah. SLC downtown Marriott has no restaurant and even the in-house Starbucks was closed. Iíve found that if the areas are run by Democrats, the services are less. If Republicans run the show, life goes on a little bit more. Iím not making a political statement, Iím just telling you where you can get quasi normal-travel amenities and where you canít. (I now know 42 people personally who have had it...no hospitalizations yet...knock on wood)
the810, The_Bouncer and a5un like this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Just flew back to the US from France. Great flights on AF and they now have WiFi even on the domestic flights. Free for messaging. Other than the masks, it was just like normal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.