Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking travel in 2020 for 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2020, 12:19 pm

I'm of the opinion that if transatlantic travel is not at least semi regular in 11 months, you are going to have much bigger problems with your miles than wondering when you'll get to book.

In other words, we are going to see programs bankrupted or scrapped in 11 months if transatlantic travel does not resume by then.

​​​​​​If you have UR or MR or TYP, that is one thing. But for anyone who is holding airline miles right now, especially smaller carriers, I would be trying to book for 2021 knowing that if those carriers aren't flying by then, there's going to be dark consequences.

​​​​​​These airlines won't survive another year without that level of revenue.
PVDtoDEL likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jbandy10
I'm of the opinion that if transatlantic travel is not at least semi regular in 11 months, you are going to have much bigger problems with your miles than wondering when you'll get to book.

In other words, we are going to see programs bankrupted or scrapped in 11 months if transatlantic travel does not resume by then.

​​​​​​If you have UR or MR or TYP, that is one thing. But for anyone who is holding airline miles right now, especially smaller carriers, I would be trying to book for 2021 knowing that if those carriers aren't flying by then, there's going to be dark consequences.

​​​​​​These airlines won't survive another year without that level of revenue.
Reasonable point. Of my 5M points currently only about 1M are in airlines. And mostly NH, AA. The majority are in UR and MR. I never put spend on the airline or hotel cards anymore and have canceled several. No way to use the perks. I’m not spending much right now either (and clearly none of us are flying much, if at all), so the point accumulation has slowed to a crawl. Trying to remember the various bonus categories but spending is down by like 10x so what’s the point really?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.