Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam Lounge at LHR Terminal 4

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by sbm12
Access for BF passengers in LHR will exist, though exactly which lounge is unknown. If CO is still in T4 it will either be the SkyTeam lounge or the Holideck. My guess is that CO will not permit guests access but I'm not certain.

In EWR they'd be permitted to bring guests but they'll run into the issue of being underage. If you go in with them it should work out but that is a strange technicality/interpretation of the rule that would be interesting. Since they aren't permitted access as a minor they can't guest you in. But if you were ticketed in BF you could guest them in. Hopefully CO will use logic and permit the access.

On the return you should have the same situation in EWR.
I doubt CO members will have access to Skyteam Lounge, as it is the Skyteam Lounge. Hollideck, however, operates differently where they welcome any paying patrons, similar to when BA operated T4 few years back. It is operated by KLM grounds but knowing the past history and reduced traffic lately, I wouldn't be surprised Hollideck become the designated lounge for CO passengers. T4 looks like a ghost town in comparison to BA days....

Jiburi
Old Sep 28, 2009, 5:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jiburi
I wouldn't be surprised Hollideck become the designated lounge for CO passengers.
Me neither, but there are a few people who have asked at LHR and the ground staff there seems to think that they might keep the ST lounge. There will be something for BF pax but likely not for guests. What the something is will be obvious in a few weeks and speculation until then.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 1:11 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by sbm12
Me neither, but there are a few people who have asked at LHR and the ground staff there seems to think that they might keep the ST lounge. There will be something for BF pax but likely not for guests. What the something is will be obvious in a few weeks and speculation until then.
LHR is a large market that CO does not want to be the under dog in...
Old Oct 3, 2009, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Blue, One Pass, AAdvantage
Well I am not due to fly until 2010 but have booked flights now as the fares will rise in the UK 31st Dec - due to VAT increase.

Am viewing the situation with lounges with interest. I have a one day pass for CO lounge and as of today CO cannot confirm which lounge will be used after their move from Skyteam at the end of this month!

Surely they must know? One rep said that as long as CO was in T4 they'd have an arrangement to use Skyteam lounge.

Anyone heard anything different?
Old Oct 3, 2009, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond, SPG Gold (lifetime)
Originally Posted by sstephanie40
Well I am not due to fly until 2010 but have booked flights now as the fares will rise in the UK 31st Dec - due to VAT increase.

Am viewing the situation with lounges with interest. I have a one day pass for CO lounge and as of today CO cannot confirm which lounge will be used after their move from Skyteam at the end of this month!

Surely they must know? One rep said that as long as CO was in T4 they'd have an arrangement to use Skyteam lounge.

Anyone heard anything different?
I was told the same thing by 3 different people on my last 2 trips - 2 at the ST lounge and the CO BF concierge. I hope this is true since it is far superior to the Holideck.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 4:27 am

Anyone know what the actual situation is now that CO have joined *A? The list of lounges on CO.com includes the LHR Skyteam lounge and says that *G members are allowed access. Has anyone tried to gain access on the basis of being a *G (rather than being seated in BusinessFirst)?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by dg252
Anyone know what the actual situation is now that CO have joined *A? The list of lounges on CO.com includes the LHR Skyteam lounge and says that *G members are allowed access. Has anyone tried to gain access on the basis of being a *G (rather than being seated in BusinessFirst)?
I just flew CO LHR-IAH in economy on Sun., Nov. 30th. I noticed the signage in front of the Skyteam lounge entrance near gate 10 in Terminal 4 lacks any indication that Continental passengers are allowed to use the lounge. The agent at the reception desk accepted my CO boarding pass and CO OP Gold card without any problems. She said that CO still uses the lounge which even had a CO representative walking around informing CO passengers about the status of a delayed flight. The reception staff was unable to do any last-minute changes to my CO ticket. Only the CO staff at the gate was able to process my request.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:36 am

lounge

if theyre still using the skyteam lounge... can bf take in a guest?? gwen
Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by gwensvilla
if theyre still using the skyteam lounge... can bf take in a guest?? gwen
Survey says... n!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 4:31 pm

lounge

so how can I gain access.. travelling with 2 bf passengers..(wheelchair bound daughter and her boyfriend)...I was going to purchase pres club day pass.. (to use throughout the day uk and usa) but this isnt a pc lounge.. and they can guest me in at ewr (I am told) and there isnt any p.c. at lhr...
is there an alternative day pass..I can purchase..thanks gwen
can they use the lounge on return to lhr from ewr.. we are transitting on but with b.a. not c.o they will be in bf again?? or do they get allowed yotel..
Old Jan 5, 2010, 4:59 am

Programs: EBG, AA EXP, PPS Club
Got access today with *G and Economy ticket.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 5:34 am

Programs: Delta, AA
Thumbs up Great Lounge, *G Good to Go!

Economy ticket, *G = Accessed the ST lounge with no problem a few days ago.

Lounge is great. Huge food and drink selection. Breakfast included sandwiches, omelets, crepes, cheese, fruit, etc. Lunch came out around 11:30am with lamb meatballs, quiche, salmon, wraps, charcuterie, cheese, salads, etc. Food isn't the best tasting ever, but great selection and good enough for being free!

Showers are also very nice with lots of space.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
I gather it's not available for inbound BF passengers? I have a 4-hour layover before connecting on BA in economy for a short jump to CDG. I can't get in via Star Gold because my same-day ticket will be on BA. So I figure I can only get in if CO has struck a deal for arriving BF passengers to be able to use the lounge. I'm not optimistic ...
Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:15 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, HHonors Diamond, Virgin Gold, BA Gold, Emirates Gold
Arrivals and departures are separated at LHR so when you arrive at t4 you either go through flight connections to a bus to t5 for your flight to CDG --or-- if you chose to clear immigration and go land side, you will not be allowed through security and then airside in t4, the only terminal you will be allowed to enter is t5, so the answer is 'no chance' Im afraid...
Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by bos2gla
Arrivals and departures are separated at LHR so when you arrive at t4 you either go through flight connections to a bus to t5 for your flight to CDG --or-- if you chose to clear immigration and go land side, you will not be allowed through security and then airside in t4, the only terminal you will be allowed to enter is t5, so the answer is 'no chance' Im afraid...
Thanks for the info (albeit not the content ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.