Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam Lounge at LHR Terminal 4

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by marks88
It is impossible to get from the arriving plane to airside gates (and thus the ST lounge) without a connecting flight - the LHR arrivals system shunts all US flights to UK Border Control first, and then to the baggage claim/transit security. The Yotel is very convenient, as it is just outside of the baggage claim. It is a bit cramped, though.
That's exactly what I suspected.

"Cramped"? You betcha.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA PP (47% MM), HH Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Bonehead
That's exactly what I suspected.

"Cramped"? You betcha.
Cramped??? I would say cozy.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CO DCA
How odd that there wasn't a press release or something. All I could find was a note on the ST website in a release about other stuff that said the first phase would be open in June.
This is SOP for SkyTeam. They apparently don't care about their marketing so they have that cruddy website where the actual content is ridiculously difficult to find and they never actually announce when they are actually doing useful things. I'm not sad at all about CO's departure from the alliance.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:15 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by CO DCA
How odd that there wasn't a press release or something. All I could find was a note on the ST website in a release about other stuff that said the first phase would be open in June.
The release will likely come, CO DCA, but for now this is what we'd consider a 'soft launch'.

Originally Posted by ann patrice
Does anyone know if this cn be acessed when you arrive and not just departure? I am in the Prez club in EWR riht now and my flihgt is in an hour, thanks
Originally Posted by Bonehead
I really don't think so unless you're transiting...or could somehow get a gate pass. In addition, it is restricted to Skyteam Elite plus and BF customers, I believe.
The new SkyTeam Lounge at London-Heathrow (LHR) is open for Continental BusinessFirst customers, SkyTeam Elite Plus customers traveling on a same-day SkyTeam itinerary (consistent with SkyTeam rules) and Continental Presidents Club members (plus up to one guest). This shall remain in effect through Continental's last day in the SkyTeam alliance, which is October 24, 2009.

To answer your question, ann patrice, yes, you may access the SkyTeam lounge upon arrival as long as you're in transit and meet one of the eligibility criteria above. If you are outside the secure area, however, you're out of luck - no gate passes will be issued at this location.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat National Executive Amtrak Select Plus
can a skyteam elite plus on a Y ticket guest one? On the president's club page the new lounge is listed without the yellow dot. Is this an error?

Last edited by LGAiahSAT; Jun 8, 2009 at 10:15 pm
Old Jun 9, 2009, 5:35 am

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
This is cool as a sky team elite plus! So I have a flight on DL in Y out of LHR in about a month, I assume that it is accessible to DL gates as well?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by CO Insider
The new SkyTeam Lounge at London-Heathrow (LHR) is open for Continental BusinessFirst customers, SkyTeam Elite Plus customers traveling on a same-day SkyTeam itinerary (consistent with SkyTeam rules) and Continental Presidents Club members (plus up to one guest). This shall remain in effect through Continental's last day in the SkyTeam alliance, which is October 24, 2009.
My recollection is that CO was willing to extend access to the Holideck to AmEx Platinum/Centurion cardholders flying on CO metal. From the list above that is being removed from the ST lounge, right? Will Holideck access still be available for those customers or are they stuck out in the shopping mall as the only place to use their AmEx?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Additional Features, Some Questions Answered

I didn't get the chance in my originating post to fill in on some additional features that I didn't get the chance to try out.

Room with massage lounge chairs.

Room with Oxygen bar.

I accessed the lounge with my PC card. Right in front of me was a group of 3 travelers - 2 in BF, one in Y, who was the wife of one of the BF folks. Before you start loading in on that situation, when they boarded, the husband and wife went to BF, and the other gentleman went to Y.

Because the names of the 2 gents were on the CO lounge passes, they would not let the woman in. No amount of pleading on their part would budge the gatekeeper.

I then asked if I could bring her in as a guest on my PC card, and that was allowed. Everyone was happy.

As to the view of the take-offs and landings - the ST lounge is farther down the pier of gates towards the center security zone, so there's only a partial view of the runways. Not as nice, in that regard, as the Holideck Lounge. But in every other way, this has it beat. Would happily arrive at LHR early now.

One last thing, I left the lounge when the nice gatekeeper came around to say that the EWR flight was boarding. By the time I got to the gate, 1C - down the other pier past security, and I am a pretty fast walker, they were announcing that any remaining passengers should now be boarding. They had already completed boarding by seat row. When I heard that, I figured there'd be no space left in the overheads and I'd be gate-checking one bag. Fortunately, the plane wasn't that quite full and I was able to find overhead space for both my bags. Fair warning, though, for the earlier flights.

Also, despite a listed boarding time on my boarding pass of 3:15PM, turns out they started boarding at 3PM. They were fully boarded by 3:17PM by my watch. Again, fair warning.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 5:40 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by LGAiahSAT
can a skyteam elite plus on a Y ticket guest one? On the president's club page the new lounge is listed without the yellow dot. Is this an error?
Yes LGAiahSAT, in accordance with SkyTeam rules, a SkyTeam Elite Plus on an same-day international Economy Class ticket may access the lounge with a guest, provided the guest is also on a same-day SkyTeam itinerary. We've updated our lounge locations page to correctly reflect this for London-Heathrow (LHR).

Originally Posted by rlbmorton
This is cool as a sky team elite plus! So I have a flight on DL in Y out of LHR in about a month, I assume that it is accessible to DL gates as well?
Yes, rlbmorton, Delta is on the same concourse... if you must.

Originally Posted by sbm12
My recollection is that CO was willing to extend access to the Holideck to AmEx Platinum and Centurion cardholders flying on CO metal. From the list above that is being removed from the ST lounge, right? Will Holideck access still be available for those customers or are they stuck out in the shopping mall as the only place to use their AmEx?
Hi sbm12, to clarify, American Express Platinum/Centurion cardmembers traveling on Continental did not/still don't have access to the Holideck lounge. Affiliated lounge locations like the Holideck and now, our SkyTeam Lounge are outside the scope of our arrangement with American Express.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:14 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Good timely news. My wife is transiting LHR in BF tomorrow with time to try both the old an new lounges
Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by CO Insider
sbm12, to clarify, American Express Platinum/Centurion cardmembers traveling on Continental did not/still don't have access to the Holideck lounge. Affiliated lounge locations like the Holideck and now, our SkyTeam Lounge are outside the scope of our arrangement with American Express.
My bad...I was remembering the "special" access that ST E+ was getting at the Holideck (since it is not a CO-operated lounge), not AmEx folks. Thanks for clarifying.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:25 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
My wife transited this morning and said the new lounge was VERY nice, and she is not into lounges at all. Hopefully she took some pictures.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:03 am

Programs: DL GM
Press Releases:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/SkyTea...5289.html?.v=2

With Pictures:

http://www.abtn.co.uk/news/0112560-s...st-ever-lounge
Old Jun 12, 2009, 5:29 am

Programs: Marriott Plat National Executive Amtrak Select Plus
Skyteam Lounge was very nice. Had no problem getting in with a guest using plat onepass card. Very nice experience and tasty food. As stated they do not admit guests with AMEX plat as the means of entry. Thanks Scott for the clarifications - I didn't want lose a lounge face off with my boss in tow....

If someone can tell me how they water the planty things in the wall I'll be set.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 5:51 am
Suspended

Is the oxygen bar free?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.