Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Dear Continental, We Need to Talk About Mangoes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear Continental, We Need to Talk About Mangoes

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2008, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
As I said, IMO, pineapple = so-so. Booze made from pineapple = ^ .

Perhaps this is not surprising. If they found a way to make beer out of used tires, I would probably turn up at the brewery for a tour and tasting
Old May 7, 2008, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CO 1E
I love fresh Hawaiian pineapple, as well as the pineapple sorbet served at places like the Dole Plantation.
We had a big cup of the Dole pineapple whip served with a scoop of fresh chopped pineapple. Mmmmm delicious.
Old May 7, 2008, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by pindi
Originally Posted by pindi View Post
You took me down a memory lane I had forgotten - summers spent at our grandparents, mango trees in the backyard, climbing them with cousins, picking raw mangoes, stealing salt and red chilli powder - oh, those were the days!!!!!
Originally Posted by jamflyer
and where would this be?
A remote village in southern India.
Old May 7, 2008, 6:01 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
As I said, IMO, pineapple = so-so. Booze made from pineapple = ^ .

Perhaps this is not surprising. If they found a way to make beer out of used tires, I would probably turn up at the brewery for a tour and tasting
i like to cut a hole into a whole pineapple, and fill it with one of the following:
everclear (190 proof grain alcohol)
vodka

and let it marinade for a few days, or a week...
Old May 7, 2008, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by sammy0623
i like to cut a hole into a whole pineapple, and fill it with one of the following:
everclear (190 proof grain alcohol)
vodka

and let it marinade for a few days, or a week...
on the same line I was told by a friend that they would during the summer use a syringe and inject vodka into watermelons or honeydew melons while out in the field and come back a few weeks later when they were fully 'ripe' to a drunken treat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.