Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Dear Continental, We Need to Talk About Mangoes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear Continental, We Need to Talk About Mangoes

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2008, 3:22 pm

Programs: None Pass
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Suggestions for other semi-obscure fruits:
1. Star Fruit
2. Papaya
3. Pomegranate (messy, but good)
4. Kiwi
5. Durian
Ugli, Mr. Otter?
Old May 6, 2008, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by charger92
Ugli, Mr. Otter?
Yes, Uglifrt should definitely be on the menu.
Old May 6, 2008, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
I can always count on mangoes served on CO to wake me up from my slumber. Must be it the tartness and/or the jaw-breaking ripeness.

I'm thinking about bringing my own li hing mui powder to put on the mangoes and pineapple. Yum.
Old May 6, 2008, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLT.
CO serves fruit?

What a life of luxury you all lead with this airline of the Gods!!!

On UA, all I experience are these hard pieces of cardboard, known historically as "the pret-zel."

Old May 6, 2008, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
The dictionary lists two acceptable spellings of the plural of mango: mangos and mangoes. Yet, I am the only one to have used "mangos" in this thread.

Last edited by CO 1E; May 6, 2008 at 3:54 pm Reason: omitted the "s" in "mangos"
Old May 6, 2008, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by rpjepson
CO serves fruit?
Yes -- and cheese!
Old May 6, 2008, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Mangoes are like cheese soup to me. Despite flying in F a lot the last few months, I haven't seen either in quite some time. Yesterday's fruit bowl on SEA-IAH at lunch had some very nice pineapple (about 4-5 pieces), strawberries, and grapes. All was quite good. The fruit I've had out of IAH, MSP, ATL, and EWR in the last couple of months was similar.

However, back before Christmas, I had some really awful mango out of IAH on a breakfast flight.
Old May 6, 2008, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CO 1E
The dictionary lists two acceptable spellings of the plural of mango: mangos and mangoes. Yet, I am the only one to have used "mango" in this thread.
Who knew that today would hold the key to the grammatical secrets of mangoes? Life is random.
Old May 6, 2008, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA MM
6. Granadilla
7. Passionfruit (Maracuya - the real thing, not a fake)
8. Guanabana
9. Rambutan
10. Mangosteen
11. Guava
12. Lulo
13. Pitaya
14. Mamoncillo
15. Uvilla
16. Lychee
17. Feijoa
18. Chirimoya
19. Curuba
20. Tomate de Arbol

Oh wait... this is an airline...
Old May 6, 2008, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Who knew that today would hold the key to the grammatical secrets of mangoes? Life is random.
It's mangos. Only some e-crazed Brit or Dan Quayle would spell it "mangoes".
Old May 6, 2008, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by perezoso
6. Granadilla
7. Passionfruit (Maracuya - the real thing, not a fake)
8. Guanabana
9. Rambutan
10. Mangosteen
11. Guava
12. Lulo
13. Pitaya
14. Mamoncillo
15. Uvilla
16. Lychee
17. Feijoa
18. Chirimoya
19. Curuba
20. Tomate de Arbol

Oh wait... this is an airline...
I'm not sure the Lychee should be so far down the "obscurity" list. I used to be able to buy Blood-Orange & Lychee Juice at Tescos
Old May 6, 2008, 5:27 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I was on a flight IAH-LGA this afternoon, and there was only 1 piece of pineapple in my bowl. More pineapple, or I'm using WN! (And riding a bus 3 hours to Manhattan)!!
Old May 6, 2008, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by theblakefish
More pineapple...
^^
Old May 6, 2008, 5:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I vote for more pineapple too - and some shelled/pitted fresh lychees would be nice, but I know that ain't gonna happen.

How about some apple slices to go with the cheese on the cold plate, instead of the slices of salted fatty meat?
Old May 6, 2008, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
While we're at it, how about a fresh baked cookie with cold plate and/or lunch? If UA can serve a salad with a fresh baked cookie on a 90 minute flight, so should CO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.