Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental Pre/Post Merger Speculation Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental Pre/Post Merger Speculation Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by rkkwan
AS will get closer with AA, one way or another.

Bigger and more interesting question is US! ConU won't need it as a partner and *A doesn't need it either.
I think most Star Alliance would pax would be happy if US finally get out of *A. They don't offer anything, fill up nice lounges of partner airlines and award availability. Sounds horrible but that's what at least I think...

If thinks happen the way it looks like DL/NW and CO/UA, even worse times are coming up for US...
Old Feb 8, 2008, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
They don't offer anything, fill up nice lounges of partner airlines and award availability. Sounds horrible but that's what at least I think...
WEll, that's not entirely true. US actually charges their lounge members more for *A Lounge membership.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 10:46 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by entropy
WEll, that's not entirely true. US actually charges their lounge members more for *A Lounge membership.
They charge a US Gold to use a Star Gold (LH SEN) lounge?
Old Feb 8, 2008, 11:02 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
I think most Star Alliance would pax would be happy if US finally get out of *A. They don't offer anything, fill up nice lounges of partner airlines and award availability. Sounds horrible but that's what at least I think...

If thinks happen the way it looks like DL/NW and CO/UA, even worse times are coming up for US...
US does offer Caribbean access and Northeastern US flight schedules that UA doesn't fill. Conunited, however, would fill that gap.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by J.Edward
supermasterphil,

For flights that go international, but are not under the BusinessFirst marketing banner, the front cabin is sold as "International Business". The hard product is exactly the same as domestic first; I am not sure about how the meal service compares.

Hope that helps.
The meal service is usually upgraded over what it would be for a domestic flight of similar length.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Probably irrelevent in the scheme of things, but I'm wondering what CO Plats think about the possibility of having to fly 100,000 miles or 100 segments to earn top-tier elite status on Unitinental. I know I'd be fairly pi##ed.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
Probably irrelevent in the scheme of things, but I'm wondering what CO Plats think about the possibility of having to fly 100,000 miles or 100 segments to earn top-tier elite status on Unitinental. I know I'd be fairly pi##ed.
It wouldn't bother me too much, considering I've cracked 100K each of the past two years (and came close enough the year before that that an easy MR would have covered the difference). Perhaps CO/UA might implement a five-tiered system (keeping the 75k tier like US). I could foresee:

Silver - 25K
Gold - 50K
Platinum - 75k
1k - 100K
GS ~ $50K spend on full-fares to qualify

SWUs for 1K & GS levels only. The levels could then be prioritized in order for EUA/Standby/Etc.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:24 pm

Programs: CO plat
Many of us already do and more. This would be one of the best parts of a merger.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I'd be a bit disappointed myself. 75k is doable for me. 100k is not.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
I would love this. And what I would love even more is if CO implemented a program like DL's Executive Partners or United's Global Services.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Babu
I would love this. And what I would love even more is if CO implemented a program like DL's Executive Partners or United's Global Services.
I really doubt the merged entity would drop GS. A few small perks for folks that are dropping $50K+ per year to your bottom line is just sound business sense. The folks on Smith Street aren't dummies.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
It wouldn't bother me too much, considering I've cracked 100K each of the past two years (and came close enough the year before that that an easy MR would have covered the difference). Perhaps CO/UA might implement a five-tiered system (keeping the 75k tier like US). I could foresee:

Silver - 25K
Gold - 50K
Platinum - 75k
1k - 100K
GS ~ $50K spend on full-fares to qualify

SWUs for 1K & GS levels only. The levels could then be prioritized in order for EUA/Standby/Etc.
Maybe Conunihound will sell upgrades to non-elites for $50 before upgrading its new 1K's, just like US.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by xyzzy
I'd be a bit disappointed myself. 75k is doable for me. 100k is not.
I hear you, but at the end of the day, upgrades on CO/UA will be well nigh impossible for passengers of any status, due simply to the hoardes of elites migrating over from UA.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CO 1E
Maybe Conunihound will sell upgrades to non-elites for $50 before upgrading its new 1K's, just like US.
One can only hope. I hope they switch from BF to Envoy, too.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
One can only hope. I hope they switch from BF to Envoy, too.
Yes, Envoy sets the industry standard for two-cabin international business class products.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.