Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental Takes off for Heathrow Tonight! [29 March 08]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental Takes off for Heathrow Tonight! [29 March 08]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2008, 9:36 pm

I was wondering if you could clear something up for me. As a junior F/A in the international base, I will be seeing LHR quite often. The last time I was there we did not have Fast Track passes to give out to our BF passengers arriving in LHR. I happened to be at the door we deplaned from, and asked the concierge if they were available and was advised no. My friend who was on the trip e-mailed the company on this and never got a response.

Are they now giving the Fast Track passes out in-bound to LHR? If so, when were they given to you? (at check-in in EWR, on the plane, or by the concierge meeting the plane in LHR). Also someone mentioned they did this in LGW, and I have never heard of Fast Track before going to LHR (and I practically lived at LGW this winter )

Thank you for any information any of you can provide. I will try e-mailing the company on this myself and see if I can get a set policy (or maybe CO Insider can chime in).
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:07 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Non-TypiCAL F/A
I was wondering if you could clear something up for me. As a junior F/A in the international base, I will be seeing LHR quite often. The last time I was there we did not have Fast Track passes to give out to our BF passengers arriving in LHR. I happened to be at the door we deplaned from, and asked the concierge if they were available and was advised no. My friend who was on the trip e-mailed the company on this and never got a response.

Are they now giving the Fast Track passes out in-bound to LHR? If so, when were they given to you? (at check-in in EWR, on the plane, or by the concierge meeting the plane in LHR). Also someone mentioned they did this in LGW, and I have never heard of Fast Track before going to LHR (and I practically lived at LGW this winter )

Thank you for any information any of you can provide. I will try e-mailing the company on this myself and see if I can get a set policy (or maybe CO Insider can chime in).
Hi Non-TypiCAL F/A, I was given the Fast Track sticker on my BP in LHR. I didn't interact with the concierge at all as I did not fly in BF this time (shocker for me - but it was actually fine - empty rows and all). At the check-in line in LHR, the kiosks were not printing. Most of the people using the kiosks had to check in luggage anyway, so they proceeded to the long line. Since I had nothing to check in, I really did not want to queue up. Also, the kind CO agents manning the line told me I could take an earlier flight (I was doing a MR) and offered to make sure the seat I wanted was available if I switched flights (it wasn't). One of them went up and printed my BP for me and came back with a Fast Track sticker. I did not ask for it - he just gave it to me. That's the story. I'm sure it was a combination of my Platinum status and my always kind attitude...
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador (lifetime Platinum), Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Pinky
Hi Non-TypiCAL F/A, I was given the Fast Track sticker on my BP in LHR. I didn't interact with the concierge at all as I did not fly in BF this time (shocker for me - but it was actually fine - empty rows and all). At the check-in line in LHR, the kiosks were not printing. Most of the people using the kiosks had to check in luggage anyway, so they proceeded to the long line. Since I had nothing to check in, I really did not want to queue up. Also, the kind CO agents manning the line told me I could take an earlier flight (I was doing a MR) and offered to make sure the seat I wanted was available if I switched flights (it wasn't). One of them went up and printed my BP for me and came back with a Fast Track sticker. I did not ask for it - he just gave it to me. That's the story. I'm sure it was a combination of my Platinum status and my always kind attitude...
I think Non-TypiCAL F/A was asking about FastTrack immigration stickers. These are different from the FastTrack security stickers. It seems from a variety of people that its possible (and perhaps likely) that when checking in, you'll get the FastTrack Security stickers as an elite (and I'm pretty sure its a certainty in BF). The real question is whether Continental will be able to offer the FastTrack immigration (if you fly VS or BA you get them in J/F), which gives you a supposedly shorter line through immigration (which in the morning can be useful).
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by EWR ATC Hold
I think Non-TypiCAL F/A was asking about FastTrack immigration stickers. These are different from the FastTrack security stickers. It seems from a variety of people that its possible (and perhaps likely) that when checking in, you'll get the FastTrack Security stickers as an elite (and I'm pretty sure its a certainty in BF). The real question is whether Continental will be able to offer the FastTrack immigration (if you fly VS or BA you get them in J/F), which gives you a supposedly shorter line through immigration (which in the morning can be useful).
I do not recall ever having received a Fast Track immigration sticker inbound to London on CO, even when traveling BF. Then again, I do not believe LGW South even have a Fast Track immigration/customs line; don't know about LGW North. LHR does have Fast Track inbound immigration, of course, and VS always gives J passengers Fast Track passes inbound.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CO 1E
I do not recall ever having received a Fast Track immigration sticker inbound to London on CO, even when traveling BF. Then again, I do not believe LGW South even have a Fast Track immigration/customs line; don't know about LGW North. LHR does have Fast Track inbound immigration, of course, and VS always gives J passengers Fast Track passes inbound.
I never received a Fast Track immigration sticker traveling BF to/from LGW on CO.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I never received a Fast Track immigration sticker traveling BF to/from LGW on CO.
Same here. I also did not see a FastTrack immigration lane at LGW.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
I received multiple Fast Track stickers when traveling in BF and coach (sometimes) from LGW. Fast Track security at LGW South departures was spotty for a long time - it was closed around the time of the liquids ban, then would be open on some days, closed on others, etc. I think they finally reopened it permanently, but I'm not sure. LGW South never had, to my knowledge, Fast Track immigration upon arrival.

Every time I have flown VS into LHR, however, Fast Track immigration (inbound) and security (outbound) have been open.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond
Promotion a lot of work

Forgive me PLEASE if this was already posted but I don't see it.

I found this on the CO site under OnePass News and Offers (I can't get the link to post though):

Earn Double Miles on our New Service between London Heathrow (LHR) and the U.S.

Promotion Code:

Valid Thu., Apr. 10, 2008 - Mon., Jun. 30, 2008 (Time Remaining: 82 days)
Posted Fri., Feb. 1, 2008

Continental launches new, twice-daily nonstop service between London Heathrow and our two U.S. hubs in New York/Newark (EWR) and Houston, Texas (IAH). To celebrate, we are offering OnePass members double miles on all qualifying* travel from March 31 to June 30, 2008.

Tickets must be booked and travel completed by June 30, 2008.

Terms and Conditions
Member must travel between March 31 and June 30, 2008, to earn double bonus miles. This offer requires registration for all qualifying travel to/from LHR to the EWR and IAH. Eligible classes of service are J, D, Z, Y, H, K, M, N, B, O, V or U class of service. Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your OnePass account. All terms and conditions of the OnePass program apply, including Continental's right to modify or terminate the OnePass program.
I tried this promo as well and it did not work. So I called Electronic support. They couldn't make it work, so they called One Pass who said it was for UK pax. I explained that was not what it says. Back on hold for 15 minutes. Finally, One Pass flagged my account and said they will issue double miles when my trip is complete May 17. A lot of work but I hope worth it.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by kwsunset
I tried this promo as well and it did not work. So I called Electronic support. They couldn't make it work, so they called One Pass who said it was for UK pax. I explained that was not what it says. Back on hold for 15 minutes. Finally, One Pass flagged my account and said they will issue double miles when my trip is complete May 17. A lot of work but I hope worth it.
hmm - It allowed me to register. Odd that you were told it is for UK pax when it appears on OnePass News & Offers (at least for me) and does not list that in the Ts & Cs....
Old Apr 14, 2008, 4:26 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
It allowed me to register on line. It even flagged that I was already registered when I tried doing it again in anticipation of my EWR-LHR Wednesday night.
Old May 18, 2008, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
LHR Fasttrack

I've previously flown CO BF into LGW and received Fasttrack immigration coupons. A big time saver.

I've now flown CO28 2 x into LHR and didn't receive Fasttrack either time. I asked about it both times and the FA were fairly clueless about the whole thing. Needless to say upon waiting in the immigration line for nearly an hour each time I wasn't pleased.

I did get a Fasttrack security sticker on CO29 return at LHR. On flying out the second time on CO29 I asked the LHR based concierge about Fasttrack on the inbound CO28. She replied that CO can't offer Fasttrack for inbound LHR immigration until the contract for that service is renegotiated after BA vacates T4. Apparently BA's T5 misadventures are keeping them from vacating T4 on time, and BA still runs the Fasttrack service, and CO is not part of it. She said that they estimate that BA will leave T4 in June and that CO will be able to offer Fasttrack after that.

Thought I'd pass this on ...
Old May 18, 2008, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

Asking the FAs is likely to get you about as much as you got, which is not too much. It is interesting to hear that BA has the ability to control/sell the FastTrack access, though I am not all the surprised considering that BA and BAA are pretty well attached at the hip these days. I wouldn't hold your breath on BA leaving T4; I've planned around the issue by choosing alternate airports for my upcoming trip to the UK.
Old May 22, 2008, 3:53 pm
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Does anyone know if this just RDM or EQM's as well?

tht

Forgive me PLEASE if this was already posted but I don't see it.

I found this on the CO site under OnePass News and Offers (I can't get the link to post though):

Earn Double Miles on our New Service between London Heathrow (LHR) and the U.S.

Promotion Code:

Valid Thu., Apr. 10, 2008 - Mon., Jun. 30, 2008 (Time Remaining: 82 days)
Posted Fri., Feb. 1, 2008

Continental launches new, twice-daily nonstop service between London Heathrow and our two U.S. hubs in New York/Newark (EWR) and Houston, Texas (IAH). To celebrate, we are offering OnePass members double miles on all qualifying* travel from March 31 to June 30, 2008.

Tickets must be booked and travel completed by June 30, 2008.

Terms and Conditions
Member must travel between March 31 and June 30, 2008, to earn double bonus miles. This offer requires registration for all qualifying travel to/from LHR to the EWR and IAH. Eligible classes of service are J, D, Z, Y, H, K, M, N, B, O, V or U class of service. Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your OnePass account. All terms and conditions of the OnePass program apply, including Continental's right to modify or terminate the OnePass program.
Old May 22, 2008, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by tht
Does anyone know if this just RDM or EQM's as well?
It's RDM. If it had been EQM many of us would have been to LHR quite a few more times by now
Old May 22, 2008, 4:12 pm
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Originally Posted by xyzzy
It's RDM. If it had been EQM many of us would have been to LHR quite a few more times by now
Also will this apply to VS flights (LHR-EWR) with a code share?

tht

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.