Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental Takes off for Heathrow Tonight! [29 March 08]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental Takes off for Heathrow Tonight! [29 March 08]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Kate_Canuck - J passengers departing from can already use the Holideck lounge.

cmaccle - From reading other posts in this thread, there is shower facility you can use, and its at the health club inside the Hilton. You need to ask the BF concierge (grey coat) before departure about it.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
Actually, if the flight is out of T4, I might still be able to use the BA Lounge (since BA still has flights at T4 and my BAEC Gold card should get me in, even though I'm flying Co).
Old Apr 1, 2008, 10:03 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Fasttrak in Y

Can anyone confirm that as an elite in Y you get fasttrak through security when leaving LHR (as I have had at other UK airports)?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador (lifetime Platinum), Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by hangpilot
Can anyone confirm that as an elite in Y you get fasttrak through security when leaving LHR (as I have had at other UK airports)?
What other airports have you gotten FastTrack at? LGW is reserved for BF customers (although rarely (albeit very rarely) they'll give it to an elite travelling in Y). I think the general rule is you won't get FastTrack.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 2:03 pm

A little off topic, but related to the new heathrow flights:

So I looked at the refundable business first fare on this...

~$6000 RT for the Heathrow flights on Continental on my corp travel site.

AA = $6000 sticker price, but our corp discount with AAirpass gives a $3000 fare (still refundable) that also includes a comp upgrade to first on the 3 class plane.

Continental a tough sell to most people here -- tough to crack the long term contracts on NY-Heathrow.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by joebeenyc
Im on my way to EWR now. Stuck in nasty traffic heading into the Lincoln Tunnel.
Im flying in BF on CO28 this evening (I'm in seat 3L). From the sounds of it looks like its going to be a big deal at the gate.
I PM'd CO Insider and he said Jeff will be there to send off the flight. Dont know if its Jeff Misner or Jeff Smisek.

Any other FT'ers onboard???
So, it's great that one of the Jeff's showed up, but here's a more interesting question. Did you see a concierge?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
So, it's great that one of the Jeff's showed up, but here's a more interesting question. Did you see a concierge?
Originally Posted by joebeenyc
OK quick report on CO 28...Also seems like the flight is REALLY over staffed (at least 2 concierges from what I can see)...
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:59 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by EWR ATC Hold
What other airports have you gotten FastTrack at? LGW is reserved for BF customers (although rarely (albeit very rarely) they'll give it to an elite travelling in Y). I think the general rule is you won't get FastTrack.
Well - just in case someone sends a memo to the offending airport I won't name it, but it isn't LGW!

I guess I'll snap into "grovel" mode when checking in.....

Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:49 am

Programs: United GS, lifetime Starwood Plat, Marroitt Gold,
Originally Posted by cmaccle
I am traveling Flt 28 tonight in BF....I have a connection in T4 onward to Venice and curious whether the arrivals shower facility access has been worked out. Any help would be great. Thanks
So I have now arrived at my final destination after travel Flt 28 last night (Tuesday) and connecting through Heathrow T4....the newness of the service is very apparent in the lack of knowledge of lounges, arrivals facilities, etc. is somewhat surprising given the importance and planning that went into this route. As an example, hhen I asked about a shower to freshen up I thought it was an April fools joke when offered a "locker room" at T4. I asked again and stressed the shower part, the answer again was "locker room"....I know that T4 is in transition, etc. however to offer BF customers a "locker room" on arrival seems to miss the mark I am sure CO wishes to set with its premium product, especially at Heathrow....anyway, I shrugged off the concierge and went to the BA Lounge Pavilion for a shower using my gold exec club.

Overall service on 28 was average at best... took 75 minutes to get exec meal, no water bottle at seat at night and hard to find anyone to get me one, sounded like a Greek wedding in front during clean-up with all the banging and breaking of dishes, etc....I have had much better service, even the late Paris flight the week before....on a positive note, my bag made it all the way this week, it sat in Paris for sometime last week....
Old Apr 3, 2008, 3:11 pm

Unhappy Took CO29 LHR-EWR Yesterday

What a mess! Continental paid through the nose for their slot at T4, but is scrimping everywhere else:

The check-in terminals were not working for those of us who checked in on the web.

There were KLM employees assisting, who incorrectly told us there was no bag drop. After being forced to wait in the long line with everyone else, they put up a sign for the bag drop.

Pushed off over an hour late because the inbound aircraft was late arriving, then "catering issues" with the LHR ground staff caused additional delay. I'm sure Continental will learn to build in a larger turn-around time as their relationship with Heathrow wears on...

Hopefully they'll get it together soon before BA comes out of their T5 disaster!
Old Apr 8, 2008, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Just as one data point, I did receive a Fast Track security sticker on my boarding pass when checking in at LHR yesterday for CO29 as a Gold traveling in Economy.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 4:10 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Double miles promotion

Forgive me PLEASE if this was already posted but I don't see it.

I found this on the CO site under OnePass News and Offers (I can't get the link to post though):

Earn Double Miles on our New Service between London Heathrow (LHR) and the U.S.

Promotion Code:

Valid Thu., Apr. 10, 2008 - Mon., Jun. 30, 2008 (Time Remaining: 82 days)
Posted Fri., Feb. 1, 2008

Continental launches new, twice-daily nonstop service between London Heathrow and our two U.S. hubs in New York/Newark (EWR) and Houston, Texas (IAH). To celebrate, we are offering OnePass members double miles on all qualifying* travel from March 31 to June 30, 2008.

Tickets must be booked and travel completed by June 30, 2008.

Terms and Conditions
Member must travel between March 31 and June 30, 2008, to earn double bonus miles. This offer requires registration for all qualifying travel to/from LHR to the EWR and IAH. Eligible classes of service are J, D, Z, Y, H, K, M, N, B, O, V or U class of service. Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your OnePass account. All terms and conditions of the OnePass program apply, including Continental's right to modify or terminate the OnePass program.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 2:47 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JonIND
Just as one data point, I did receive a Fast Track security sticker on my boarding pass when checking in at LHR yesterday for CO29 as a Gold traveling in Economy.
I also received a Fast Track sticker - and a pass for the Holideck lounge (which indicated I was traveling in BF, though I wasn't this time). I have to say that the CO agents at LHR were really going above and beyond duty - and were extremely helpful, at least to me. I didn't even have to wait in line to get my boarding pass (despite the kiosks not printing), thanks to their kindness. Big ^ to them.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by pinkcat
I am on this side of the fence looking at replacements for LHR-PHL, I have found BRS-EWR which appeals to me as BRS is a nice little airport close to where I live and my final destination is NJ anyway. Can anyone offer any comments on this route ???
I love this route. BRS is a wonderful airport; an arriving US citizen without checked bags can go from aircraft to Avis car in about 12 minutes. The westbound flight arrives EWR at a good time (about 130pm), without too much competition from other flights for immigration and customs. The only downside is the 757 equipment but BRS-EWR beats the heck out of flying in/out of LHR.

I can't understand the Heathrow excitement either.... I'm on CO4 IAH-LHR in a few weeks and regard the trip with trepidation! Like most right-thinking people I hate Heathrow!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador (lifetime Platinum), Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Pinky
I also received a Fast Track sticker - and a pass for the Holideck lounge (which indicated I was traveling in BF, though I wasn't this time). I have to say that the CO agents at LHR were really going above and beyond duty - and were extremely helpful, at least to me. I didn't even have to wait in line to get my boarding pass (despite the kiosks not printing), thanks to their kindness. Big ^ to them.
That's awesome--I hope that's policy/sticks . . . I've always been denied in LGW saying they're only for BF customers. I've never really had bad LHR security experiences, but I've heard about them and would prefer having the option of using FastTrack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.