Community
Wiki Posts
Search

9,999 bonus miles for 5-day Budget Rental

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2008, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by Sammythebarber
Every other promotion I have tried to get where I did not qualify for one reason or another always tells me prior to the purchase (or reservation) that the coupon (BCD?) cannot be used. I don't see why it would be different for Budget.

In other words if your location was not participating the computer would have told you so. It does't do Budget any good to try and build goodwill and at the same time screw the very people they are recruiting.

I am going ahead with my rental even though I dread the thought of ending up with a Dodge. But for 9999 points I'll suffer through it.
Okay, the computer would've told me.... through continental.com as well? You must book through continental's portal for this promo. It didn't tell me that the code cannot be used, true. However, without the code I get the same exact prices... so where is the 20% discount? Without the discount I stepped (not jumped) to a conclusion that ATL might not be participating. If they aren't offering the discount then I might have to wonder if they are offering the 9,999 mile bonus. After all, ATL is DL country.

FYI, DL and Budget are offering a similar promotion:
  • 20% off (and it really worked^)
  • 3000 Bonus DL SkyMiles
  • Valid until March 30, 2008
  • BCN#U093300 and Coupon #MUAZ095 must be used at time of booking at budget.com
  • Link

I just used it for an LAX rental in Feb. I canceled the CO booking because there is no bonus of 9,999 after Jan 31. Got a better price and 3000 SMs.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 7:02 am

Location: Various tier levels of frequent flyer/hotel plans received for bellyaching about minor flaws in the service I received.
All I have to say about this deal is no thanks! Made my reservation for a car in ABQ over the holiday. They were so out of cars that some people had to wait at least a day to get one. I was told an hour and a half. Fired up my browser, went to Hertz, got a car in five minutes. 9,999 miles isn't worth a missed day of vaction.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 7:45 am

Perhaps NY will enact a (rental car) Passenger Bill of Rights.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 1:32 pm

Location: Cleveland, Ohio. I answer any question about Cleveland
Programs: I'm nobody
After all this they can keep the miles

Just talked to my friend who rented a car from Budget last year:

1. Took 25 minutes to get the car since the reservation clerk needed this time urge him to take CDW which wasn't taken in the end anyway.

2. Car was dirty when picked up.

3. Got down the street and noticed tank was only 1/4 full. He needed to return for gas.

4. 2 weeks after return he received a phone call indicating there was damage to the vehicle and wanted to explain to him that he would have to pay for it. He explained that the pickup person has given him a receipt indicating the car was in good condition. A week later he received another call saying they were "investigating". He has heard nothing since.

It just isn't worth it to me to go through all the hassle for 10k miles. I sure am glad I didn't cancel my reservation with Hertz where I get a free tank of gas.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Sammythebarber
Just talked to my friend who rented a car from Budget last year: ...
It just isn't worth it to me to go through all the hassle for 10k miles. I sure am glad I didn't cancel my reservation with Hertz where I get a free tank of gas.
Hey Sammy, which location was your friend's hassle? I have had slightly less than clean cars at Budget but never the mess he went through. I've had about 20 Budget rentals in 10 years. I would love to know this location so I can avoid it.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 3:03 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I was playing with the 4 day + hours to get a lower rate, but Budget just lowered their rates to where a weekly is <$5 more and risk free. Approximately 1 cpm is not bad. All these promotions are causing me to substitute car rentals for mileage runs
Old Jan 3, 2008, 4:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Evan!
Okay, the computer would've told me.... through continental.com as well? You must book through continental's portal for this promo. It didn't tell me that the code cannot be used, true. However, without the code I get the same exact prices... so where is the 20% discount? Without the discount I stepped (not jumped) to a conclusion that ATL might not be participating. If they aren't offering the discount then I might have to wonder if they are offering the 9,999 mile bonus. After all, ATL is DL country.

FYI, DL and Budget are offering a similar promotion:
  • 20% off (and it really worked^)
  • 3000 Bonus DL SkyMiles
  • Valid until March 30, 2008
  • BCN#U093300 and Coupon #MUAZ095 must be used at time of booking at budget.com
  • Link

I just used it for an LAX rental in Feb. I canceled the CO booking because there is no bonus of 9,999 after Jan 31. Got a better price and 3000 SMs.
Hey, Henny Penny, from whom did you learn of the above information?
Old Jan 3, 2008, 4:44 pm

When I made a reservation using the code, I then check on Budget's website and see BCD: none. will modifying the reservation to include the BCD invalidate my elligibility? I have tried to book repeatedly on Co.com, and each time no code shows up on my reservation.

Co.com gives me a "you are not authorized to view this page" when I start a res not logged in, and log in

when I am logged in, the reservation goes through, but the BCD does not show up on budget.com
Old Jan 3, 2008, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Matthewski
When I made a reservation using the code, I then check on Budget's website and see BCD: none. will modifying the reservation to include the BCD invalidate my elligibility? I have tried to book repeatedly on Co.com, and each time no code shows up on my reservation.

Co.com gives me a "you are not authorized to view this page" when I start a res not logged in, and log in

when I am logged in, the reservation goes through, but the BCD does not show up on budget.com
Are you putting in a FastBreak number at Continental's portal? If so, try making the booking without it. If the FB number is tied to a special corporate rate then perhaps the BCD code is being "flushed" by Budget. I tried this after several experiences such as yours (3 tries, 2 cancellations). Not sure if this will help but it worked for me. On the third try I confirmed at budget.com and there was the BCD code. Good luck. Tell us if it is successful.

When I called Budget to have THEM put in my FB# they said, "wait, this is changing the rate slightly". For 10K I was fine with the few extra dollars of not using the corp discount that is tied to my FB#. I can live without the FB service for this kinda of promo.

Last edited by Evan!; Jan 3, 2008 at 5:32 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 3, 2008, 7:16 pm

Are you putting in a FastBreak number at Continental's portal? If so, try making the booking without it. If the FB number is tied to a special corporate rate then perhaps the BCD code is being "flushed" by Budget. I tried this after several experiences such as yours (3 tries, 2 cancellations). Not sure if this will help but it worked for me. On the third try I confirmed at budget.com and there was the BCD code. Good luck. Tell us if it is successful.

When I called Budget to have THEM put in my FB# they said, "wait, this is changing the rate slightly". For 10K I was fine with the few extra dollars of not using the corp discount that is tied to my FB#. I can live without the FB service for this kinda of promo.
I didn't put in my fastbreak number because I dont remember mine (rarely use budget)
Old Jan 4, 2008, 2:03 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite

Originally Posted by Matthewski
I didn't put in my fastbreak number because I dont remember mine (rarely use budget)
Add your FastBreak number to your Co.com traveler profile, but do not input it when you do your searches. It changes from the correct CO BCD to your personal BCD. When it is part of your traveler profile, it does not interfere with the rate quoted.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 2:09 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Very nice! Miles posted.

OK, dirty secret: I slipped an Entertainment Book free day coupon into the reservation and it still took. Just FYI.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero Joven
Very nice! Miles posted....Just FYI.
What was the time frame from when the rental ended to when the 10,299 miles posted?
Old Jan 4, 2008, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
I too rcvd the 9999 bonus points today for a rental I dropped off on 12/29. Pretty fast posting time.

Have another 5 day rental starting on Tues. This is an awesome promo.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Can anyone confirm if LAS if a participating location? I didn’t notice a change in price when using the code vs no code It seems that national and alamo anr about $35 cheaper for the time I need a car. I would rather use them if LAS is not participating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.