Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Presidents Club Rates Increasing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Hi bocastephen, the rates will increase by various increments depending on the membership interval and the membership type (i.e. OnePass membership level). Below is a brief overview of the price increases:
  • Annual: $25 increase for all membership types
  • Annual with Spouse: $40-60 increase
  • Three-Year: $65-75 increase
  • Three-Year with Spouse: $115-200 increase
  • Lifetime: $410-485 increase
  • Lifetime with Spouse: $590-630 increase
  • Senior Lifetime: $305-390 increase
  • Senior Lifetime with Spouse: $495-580 increase
A very strong increase in enrollment was the main reason for our decision to raise the membership rates.

Are you sure you want us to give you credit for this one, ContinentalFan??

Okay, so this is would be as good a time as any to plug our Continental Airlines Presidential Plus MasterCard, which among other benefits includes a full Presidents Club membership. The $375 annual fee for this card will not be subject to these rate increases, and if you go to this link, new cardmembers can get the first year for $300.
Hey, Scott (or anyone),
I was a Chase World MasterCard member and switched to another Chase card after my one year was up. Would I be considered a NEW cardmember if I apply for this card now and would I be eligible for the $75 off promo?
Old May 13, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I just noticed this today, it looks like fees are going up again.
Old May 13, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by trm2
Boy am I happy I bought the Silver lifetime back when it was under $4K a few increases back!
And I'm glad they're still selling the lifetime, that should mean that lifetime memberships should be perfectly safe after the merger.
Old May 13, 2010, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by trm2
The Platinum renewal rate will be the same as the PP Mastercard annual fee??

Are they trying to steer all the Plats to that card?

I'd get one if Chase wasn't such an a$$.
Old May 13, 2010, 9:11 pm

Has anyone seen the state of the LGA club?. I mean really. CO will gate a complaint from me.

I did recently renew
Old May 13, 2010, 9:28 pm

Location: Lat. N41., Long. W-75, in the NJ foothills of the Poconos
Programs: Ex-Con Million Miler, UA MM, CO Plat dozen, Onepass member since 1988
How does this compare with UA RCC $$ ? Since it is highly likely we'll get merged? Does UA have lifetime?

B7
Old May 13, 2010, 9:58 pm

Location: Lat. N41., Long. W-75, in the NJ foothills of the Poconos
Programs: Ex-Con Million Miler, UA MM, CO Plat dozen, Onepass member since 1988
See: http://www.united.com/page/article/1...rccMembDetails

Membership prices

Annual price*
Status U.S. Dollars Miles
General member/Premier Associate®
Member $425 70,000
Add spouse or domestic partner $225 35,000
Premier®
Member $400 60,000
Add spouse or domestic partner $225 30,000
Premier Executive®
Member $350 50,000
Add spouse or domestic partner $200 25,000
1K®
Member $325 40,000
Add spouse or domestic partner $175 20,000

<that didn't paste well>

Appearantly UA doesn't have 3 year or lifetime deals. But 1 year prices are identical to CO (before the 7/1 rate hike) per elite status.
Old May 13, 2010, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
But 1 year prices are identical to CO
And you can use your miles to buy...
Old May 13, 2010, 11:03 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Originally Posted by Bernoulli 777
See: http://www.united.com/page/article/1...rccMembDetails

Appearantly UA doesn't have 3 year or lifetime deals. But 1 year prices are identical to CO (before the 7/1 rate hike) per elite status.
Last year they offered a "special" two year deal. I do hope they adopt CO Pres Club free liquor policy though!!!
Old May 14, 2010, 9:19 am
RNE

Originally Posted by bocastephen
The Platinum renewal rate will be the same as the PP Mastercard annual fee? Are they trying to steer all the Plats to that card? I'd get one if Chase wasn't such an a$$.
They want everybody to carry that card! Golds, Silvers and non-elites would benefit even more than Plats. After July 1, nobody gets PC annual membership for less than the PP card's annual fee.* Therefore, assuming you can qualify and don't mind having another card (and don't think Chase is an a$$ ), why buy annual membership instead of getting the card?**

*Remember, the PP card's annual fee is not fixed; it too can go up when renewal time arrives.

**Multi-year/lifetime memberships do, of course, offer a savings over the PP card. Nobody knows, however, if those options will survive the merger. Even if they do, they may not survive for long. So too, the PP card itself may come to an end someday.
Old May 14, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: CO - Gold, HHonors - Diamond
I'm a first year PC member. On one hand, I'd be tempted to renew for a year to avoid the price increase, especially since I'm a plat this year and don't expect to make but silver or gold next year. As stated on a previous thread, part of the benefit of PC membership is the booze. It is not worth it for me to fork over $300+ a year for just a place to sit, albeit a nice quiet place. So there's no way I would renew my membership regardless of price until I know whether the liquor stays or not. No liquor, no PC for me. Some folks travel much more frequently than I do and would see the value in the place, and I have no argument with them. But it's a cost/benefit for me and I'd rather spend my $300 at the bar. CoUniHound would do wise to get some of this information out early to allow customers to make informed decisions.
Old May 14, 2010, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
My renewal is in October - if I renew ahead of time in July to beat the increase, do I get credit for the extra 3 months? How does that work?
Old May 14, 2010, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
My renewal is in October - if I renew ahead of time in July to beat the increase, do I get credit for the extra 3 months? How does that work?
Yup...you get NN additional months based on whichever membership you buy, not NN months from the transaction date.
Old May 14, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
... and if you upgrade to a lifetime membership, you will get a prorated credit for the unexpired months.
Old May 14, 2010, 11:55 am
RNE

Originally Posted by jeauxkewl
...benefit of PC membership is the booze. It is not worth it for me to fork over $300+ a year for just a place to sit, albeit a nice quiet place...I'd rather spend my $300 at the bar.
Bingo! Free booze is not only the most important reason I set foot in those dreary dens of dejection, it's the ONLY reason! ^ And, if I may opine, it's the only economical way to justify the expense of membership—though getting in for free is so easy it's a wonder anyone pays. Still, even free entry is pointless without free booze!

Uncertainty about the clubs' amenities is the bane of the membership lifers. They are stuck with whatever UACO decides to do. Now, if you bought a lifetime membership long ago, perhaps you've already earned back your fee. But new lifetime members are really gambling! And it is definitely not unlikely UACO will go with the UA club model, i.e.: no free booze.

Bill W. and Dr. Bob, saying, "Bottoms up!".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.