Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

recieved fancy invitation today for a $375 a year-"Pres Co/Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

recieved fancy invitation today for a $375 a year-"Pres Co/Chase

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by texd
I had not received that yet (or at least not seen it). Are there any benefits to this card over the $85 Chase card other than those already achieved through:

PC Membership
Plat Status
Hyatt and Avis "elite" levels, IIRC. Maybe one or two other things, but I can't think of them.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 7:30 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, CO, DL, UA, V3, WN, SPG Gold & SVO, Marriot Rewards, Hertz #1 Gold.
Originally Posted by sbm12
Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

If you're just using it for PC access once a year then day passes would've been much less expensive ($45/person/visit). The priority boarding aspect is something that you cannot really purchase otherwise, so that may be worth the money.
We do fly on other Airlines and will be able to use the PC with the Skyteam partners, so it is just more than once a year, thank you for your input.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by monitor
I have not gone back and read this thread but in case it has been missed along the way, invitations are out for Lifetime PC members to get one of these cards with the first year's fee waived and the ongoing annual fee fixed at $100.

Therefore, it appears that CO values a one year PC membership at about $275.
Hi - Can you post a link to the $100 offer for Lifetime PC members. I called Chase and they did not anything about it.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 4:21 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
I'm thinking about giving this card a try when my PC membership is up this summer. As a GM, a PC membership will cost $325. If one of the bennies of the card is still a discount on the premium wines, I'll break even real fast.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 5:03 am

My daughter received an invitation to apply giving her all the benefits plus silver elite until next year. I guess they are not getting as many people to apply as they thought?
Old Apr 9, 2008, 7:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by docr775
My daughter received an invitation to apply giving her all the benefits plus silver elite until next year. I guess they are not getting as many people to apply as they thought?
i think just the opposite. if you go back through this thread, many of the other benefits previously offered are gone. accordingly, i think the card must be doing decently.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
i think just the opposite. if you go back through this thread, many of the other benefits previously offered are gone. accordingly, i think the card must be doing decently.
I got an invitation last week - wine discount, rolling EQM, Elite and PC Access, the works. The only difference between hers and mine is the fact that I am PLAT, and she has no status, therefore she is being offered Silver Elite. She also earns about 20K EQM a year in A, R, Y or H fares. Just wondering. It might be worth for the PC part, but I have not paid for a PC membership in 5 years. I have used my RewardOne points to renew it.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 10:59 pm

Silver Status?

Hello all-
Just found this site - seems fantastic so far! I too have received invitations for this card, and although I recall receiving one last year (I think) that included silver status, the latest one doesn't. I was silver last year and basically ignored it, but this year I probably won't make it. Many of my flights are to PR, and believe it or not I was upgraded EVERY time I flew there as a silver! Needless to say, this card would be worth the fee for me if I could get silver status back. Is there a link to apply for the offer with the silver status included? Thanks for all the great info I've picked up just in one night on this site!^
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:29 pm

Programs: Delta & Continental
Arrow

Originally Posted by EvilQueen
Hello all-
Just found this site - seems fantastic so far! I too have received invitations for this card, and although I recall receiving one last year (I think) that included silver status, the latest one doesn't. I was silver last year and basically ignored it, but this year I probably won't make it. Many of my flights are to PR, and believe it or not I was upgraded EVERY time I flew there as a silver! Needless to say, this card would be worth the fee for me if I could get silver status back. Is there a link to apply for the offer with the silver status included? Thanks for all the great info I've picked up just in one night on this site!^
Nope - none of the offers for this PPCard has ever included silver status. It includes Elite Access...not status. Never has.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:30 pm

Arrow

Originally Posted by docr775
I got an invitation last week - wine discount, rolling EQM, Elite and PC Access, the works. The only difference between hers and mine is the fact that I am PLAT, and she has no status, therefore she is being offered Silver Elite. She also earns about 20K EQM a year in A, R, Y or H fares. Just wondering. It might be worth for the PC part, but I have not paid for a PC membership in 5 years. I have used my RewardOne points to renew it.
She's incorrect - the PRes Plus card does NOT NOT NOT include Elite Status of any type. It includes Elite Access - a lot of people are confused by that. It does NOT include Elite Status.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:33 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sushibear
I'm thinking about giving this card a try when my PC membership is up this summer. As a GM, a PC membership will cost $325. If one of the bennies of the card is still a discount on the premium wines, I'll break even real fast.
You actually don't have to wait until it expires. Here's what will happen if you are already a P-Club member and trade your current Continental Airlines card for the PRes Plus card...
1) You will be signed up for the Pres Plus card
2) Your annual fee will be billed (pro-rated amount) to cover the time between the day you trade and the regular Ann Fee billing date.
3) Your original Pres Club membership will be cancelled and a new one will be set up on the same day.
4) Continenal will mail you a pro-rated refund of the unused portion of the Pres-Club membership they cancelled in step 3.

Nice & tidy. And the process works!
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:37 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sbm12
Hyatt and Avis "elite" levels, IIRC. Maybe one or two other things, but I can't think of them.
There's a TON of benefits on this card - I LOVE IT !

1) Elite Access privileges
2) Access to the P-Club.
3) Discounts on the fine wine at the P-Club
4) Complimentary upgrades at Avis w/ guaranteed car w/o a reservation.
5) Hyatt Gold passport platinum membership
6) Flex EQMs 2,000 of them with each $25,000 in purchases
7) Double miles on ALL rental cars, hotels and Continental purchases
8) Concierge service
9) Trip cancellation insurance
10) Price Protection and Purchase security & extended warranty

This card ROCKS !^
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:40 pm

Red face

Originally Posted by rjque
On the Hyatt offer, my account hasn't been upgraded and no new account has been created for me. Hyatt won't upgrade my account without an "offer code" - does anyone know how do I find that?
Once you have the PRes Plus card you will automatically be enrolled in the Hyatt program - you can't call them to apply...but it's a TERRIBLY slow process...like 8-10 weeks... but it happened.. Glad I have it now, tho.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:41 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by tstrike
My wife and I are at it again over this subject.

I told her the consensus from what I have seen is this isnt a good deal. Can I get a little help?
Check my posts from earlier today. It's a GREAT deal for what it offers...
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:45 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rjque
Update, I have now spoken with Hyatt twice, which tells me that no new account has been created and to call Chase or Continental. Chase tells me to call the President's Club, and the President's Club says that this is a Chase issue. Has anyone actually successfully obtained the Hyatt Platinum benefit of this card? It seems to be impossible to get anyone at any of the three involved companies to take responsibility for fixing this.
See my earlier note. Here's my understanding of how getting the Hyatt membership works. I spoke to someone at co-air who finally fessed up that they know the process is slow and actually apologized. Made me feel better anyway. The set up process begins once you have the Pres Plus card. Chase apparently sends a file to Co-Air who then activates your pres club membership... then at some mysterious point in time...co-air sends a file over to hyatt (by actual pony express I think) who then sits on the file until they feel like processing it...and then you get your membership...takes like 8-10 weeks...but it'll happen. Worth the wait...but they could improve it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.