Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

recieved fancy invitation today for a $375 a year-"Pres Co/Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

recieved fancy invitation today for a $375 a year-"Pres Co/Chase

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Someone is looking for OMNI and Coupon Connection eligibility . . . .
Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:10 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Does anyone have any info on the Avis PC membership with this card?

When I activated this card last week, I asked Chase about it and they were clueless. They said for any of those benefits, one has to call CO and she gave me the number. I called CO and they said I have to contact Avis at 757-681-xxxx. I called that number and have left 2 messages and have not heard back yet. The voicemail said the person's name, but gives no indication they're with Avis or any other company. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:12 pm

Who knows for sure?

Originally Posted by Nis4Float
Nope - none of the offers for this PPCard has ever included silver status. It includes Elite Access...not status. Never has.
According to posts 245, 249, 302, elite STATUS was offered.
Also some people claim to have been offered a $200 credit if they sign up.
But who knows for sure who does the selection for these "purported" offers?
Maybe COInsider could give us his insight?
Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Does anyone have any info on the Avis PC membership with this card?

When I activated this card last week, I asked Chase about it and they were clueless. They said for any of those benefits, one has to call CO and she gave me the number. I called CO and they said I have to contact Avis at 757-681-xxxx. I called that number and have left 2 messages and have not heard back yet. The voicemail said the person's name, but gives no indication they're with Avis or any other company. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
i have avis PC and love it... always getting awesome cars.... you can either wait for the kit or go to the website:

http://www.avis.com/presidentialplus

enjoy!
Old Apr 17, 2008, 4:55 pm
Suspended

There's a TON of benefits on this card - I LOVE IT !

1) Elite Access privileges
2) Access to the P-Club.
3) Discounts on the fine wine at the P-Club
4) Complimentary upgrades at Avis w/ guaranteed car w/o a reservation.
5) Hyatt Gold passport platinum membership
6) Flex EQMs 2,000 of them with each $25,000 in purchases
7) Double miles on ALL rental cars, hotels and Continental purchases
8) Concierge service
9) Trip cancellation insurance
10) Price Protection and Purchase security & extended warranty

This card ROCKS !^
do you work for chase?

4) if available
7) available with cheaper chase cards
8) available with cheaper credit cards
10) available with cheaper cards.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 9:50 pm

Programs: Delta & Continental
Cool

Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
According to posts 245, 249, 302, elite STATUS was offered.
Also some people claim to have been offered a $200 credit if they sign up.
But who knows for sure who does the selection for these "purported" offers?
Maybe COInsider could give us his insight?
There's no $200 credit available - but if you're a Lifetime Pres Club member you can sign up for the card for $100 Annual Fee. That's probably waht they're talking about.

I called Chase to find out about the 'Elite Status' offer - they told me it was a small 'test population' and they were sorry but couldn't add anyone to it. So i guess I was wrong..but doubt they'll ever make it main-stream. Besides...it'd piss off too many people who flew the 25K+ miles to get their status.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 7:11 am
Suspended

There's no $200 credit available
well, as has been reported here in flyertalk, there used to be a $200 statement credit available. it seems like the offers used to be pretty variable...meaning some people got more generous offers than others.

again, it seems as if most of the generous offers ($200 statement credit, 5% discount, etc.) have been pulled.

i guess it would be helpful if people continue to post CO/Chase offers as they appear.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 8:09 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
well, as has been reported here in flyertalk, there used to be a $200 statement credit available. it seems like the offers used to be pretty variable...meaning some people got more generous offers than others.

again, it seems as if most of the generous offers ($200 statement credit, 5% discount, etc.) have been pulled.

i guess it would be helpful if people continue to post CO/Chase offers as they appear.
I was the one who received the $200 credit offer...but it was sent to me a couple of months AFTER I had already applied and received the card. I no longer receive offers since they finally have their lists synchronized and know that I am already a cardholder.

Regardless though, I love the card and find it well worth the money...^
Old Apr 18, 2008, 8:42 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
She's incorrect - the PRes Plus card does NOT NOT NOT include Elite Status of any type. It includes Elite Access - a lot of people are confused by that. It does NOT include Elite Status.
Actually, I received an offer for the card that included Gold status until February, 2009. My children received offers that included Silver elite status until February, 2009. (Hardly worth it as they wouldn't be able to use the PC, or the younger one even be approved for the card at all.)
Old Apr 18, 2008, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by mbreuer
Actually, I received an offer for the card that included Gold status until February, 2009. My children received offers that included Silver elite status until February, 2009. (Hardly worth it as they wouldn't be able to use the PC, or the younger one even be approved for the card at all.)
CO is giving away elite status with Chase cards again?
Old Apr 18, 2008, 10:01 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by CO 1E
Purportedly.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 10:19 am

Exclamation EQM caveat

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
do you work for chase?

4) if available
7) available with cheaper chase cards
8) available with cheaper credit cards
10) available with cheaper cards.
I have the card and mostly like it, but I will reiterate a caveat I raised in this thread a few months ago: for 6) (see parent posting), the EQMs reset when the annual fee is charged. Meaning, if you charge $45K from one year to the next, it's the same as charging $25K. I think this sucks.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CO 1E
I think it should be clarified that it is "Elite Lite" as the folks who have it are not eligible for upgrades.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I think it should be clarified that it is "Elite Lite" as the folks who have it are not eligible for upgrades.
'cept for those who have the offer of status - at least until February, 2009.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mbreuer
'cept for those who have the offer of status - at least until February, 2009.
I think this needs to be clarified by CO Insider as every offer I have seen or heard about offered "EliteAccess" but not the actual status. Even the cards that offered "Gold" status only gave the ability to grab exit row seats but not the ability to upgrade.

If there are folks out there that have this card and eligible for upgrade because of it then I feel it's a disservice to those elites who actually earned the status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.