Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

recieved fancy invitation today for a $375 a year-"Pres Co/Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

recieved fancy invitation today for a $375 a year-"Pres Co/Chase

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007, 9:26 am

Elite members are offered better seating in the forward cabin and exit rows.

Chase "Silver Elite" apparently can not choose these better seats when purchasing a ticket. They do get to check-in at the airport in the elite line, use security elite lines, and board with elites. They also are not eligible for first class upgrades with the rest of the Elites.
Old May 31, 2007, 9:39 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
So how is that any different than the initial offer of Elite Access? Pseudo Silver and Elite Access sound the same to me...
Old May 31, 2007, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisClearman
Elite members are offered better seating in the forward cabin and exit rows.

Chase "Silver Elite" apparently can not choose these better seats when purchasing a ticket. They do get to check-in at the airport in the elite line, use security elite lines, and board with elites. They also are not eligible for first class upgrades with the rest of the Elites.
This is not my experience. I decided to take CO up on this offer as I had a few personal flights from LAS to EWR, IAH and BTR to plan this year. All reservations are booked with me in elite seating and so far I am 2 for 2 on the upgrades. I went back to the offer I received from CO and can find none of the fine print regarding upgrades that others refer to. Interesting....
Old May 31, 2007, 12:52 pm

I'm just going by what people have posted in this long thread. Several have said they have not gotten preferred seating at check-in, nor are they eligible for upgrades.

I gotta say, I'm shocked you are getting upgrades as a silver. I only did once, and that was on a Saturday flight.
Old May 31, 2007, 1:41 pm

benefits include: priority check-in, priority airport screening (where available), priority boarding privileges and priority baggage when traveling on Continental-operated and -marketed flights.

This doesn't say anything about the normal "silver elite" benefits of complimentary upgrades, 50% mileage bonus, preferred seating, or any of the reward priorities.
Old May 31, 2007, 1:56 pm

I gotta say, I'm shocked you are getting upgrades as a silver. I only did once, and that was on a Saturday flight.
I was pretty shocked myself. I usually take a midweek 1AM redeye and buy H fares for the 150% EQM's. Still loyal to CO even though I don't get to fly many commercial flights these days.
Old May 31, 2007, 2:17 pm

benefits include: priority check-in, priority airport screening (where available), priority boarding privileges and priority baggage when traveling on Continental-operated and -marketed flights.

This doesn't say anything about the normal "silver elite" benefits of complimentary upgrades, 50% mileage bonus, preferred seating, or any of the reward priorities.

There must have been another targetted offer that went out. Maybe, and I'm speculating here, something geared towards former elites and pres club members?? I was both not to long ago. After I was approved for the card I received the standard "Welcome To Silver Elite" pack with Silver card, elite bennifits guide etc. in the mail.
Old May 31, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MileagePlus, HiltonHonors
The CO Chase elite card is going to have kick it up a couple of notches in order to compete with AMEX Platinum since they just added a 2-for-1 domestic ticket benefit (which isn't perfect, but still a good deal if you play it right). Perhaps the CO Chase elite card could include 4 free (or, say, $99) companion vouchers per year (though the vouchers have to be "real"; no limited availability, limited fare buckets crap--you've really got to read the fine print on those things). As others have noted, a hotel benefit is necessary for the card, too. (I have *really* enjoyed the Starwood Gold status that comes with my Plat.). And perhaps CO could offer a "Silver Lite" status that offered priority access to elite seating, mileage bonuses, but not upgrades.

At this point, this AMEX Platinum card holder would consider switching, but CO and Chase are going to raise the ante significantly if they want my business. The elite card they're offering won't cut it; Though the AMEX fee is a bit more (now $450/year for the first cardholder, plus $175 for up to three more), the Plat. card offers much more in benefits. I'll gladly pay more for value.

One more minor quibble: why is the card a MasterCard? Isn't VISA accepted more internationally? In my mind, VISA has a higher brand status.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 1:04 pm
Suspended

My wishlist for this card: free companion tickets for full fare,primary rental car insurance,priority pass card,world elite mc benefits,
Old Jul 7, 2007, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA, CO, DL, WN, US, SPG, HH
How do I use it?

So I actually got this card. Does anyone know how we would use it to get EliteAccess priveliges (e.g. priority boarding). It doesn't look like anything is noted on our ticket. Do you think the CO employees will actually know about this credit card so that I can just wave the card itself and will get the EliteAccess priveliges? What do you guys think?
Old Jul 7, 2007, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
If you use the card to purchase the ticket and you are flying, it registers and EliteAccess should appear on you boarding pass.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:55 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Got a new email offer for the card today, this one with an immediate 3000 flex elite miles (and two luggage tags).

I do have a question (Scott) which I can't find the answer to. The online application allows selection of additional cardholders. Do they receive any benefits?

I haven't reread this (and the other related threads) but I recall a question as to what might get people to bite. In response to that, I'd probably get the card if I had the ability to use the Elite miles for a supplemental cardholder. 3K isn't going to do much for me this year, but my spouse is within 3k of Silver and has no current travel plans through the end of the year [no, she doesn't get the flying just for points thing].

I suspect that a fair number of elite customers might pony up if they could redirect the elite miles to someone else in their immediate household.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 3:46 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by mbreuer
Got a new email offer for the card today, this one with an immediate 3000 flex elite miles (and two luggage tags).

I do have a question (Scott) which I can't find the answer to. The online application allows selection of additional cardholders. Do they receive any benefits?

I haven't reread this (and the other related threads) but I recall a question as to what might get people to bite. In response to that, I'd probably get the card if I had the ability to use the Elite miles for a supplemental cardholder. 3K isn't going to do much for me this year, but my spouse is within 3k of Silver and has no current travel plans through the end of the year [no, she doesn't get the flying just for points thing].

I suspect that a fair number of elite customers might pony up if they could redirect the elite miles to someone else in their immediate household.
Hi mbreuer, only the primary cardholder will receive the Presidential Plus card benefits. As for the miles and Flex EQMs earned by the primary and additional cardholders, these may only be credited to the primary cardholder's OnePass account.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 3:54 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Hi mbreuer, only the primary cardholder will receive the Presidential Plus card benefits. As for the miles and Flex EQMs earned by the primary and additional cardholders, these may only be credited to the primary cardholder's OnePass account.
I know - it was a suggestion.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 8:03 pm

Programs: Delta & Continental
Originally Posted by ppisklak
So I actually got this card. Does anyone know how we would use it to get EliteAccess priveliges (e.g. priority boarding). It doesn't look like anything is noted on our ticket. Do you think the CO employees will actually know about this credit card so that I can just wave the card itself and will get the EliteAccess priveliges? What do you guys think?
Having the card creates an update in your OnePass profile that triggers your Presidents Club membership and your Elite Access privileges. Your Elite Access will be reflected on your boarding pass. It will not show up on your ticket.

And it's WAY better than the AmEx platinum, because you have a true Presidents' Club membership...meaning, you can use any of the Continental Clubs or affililated lounges (Delta or Northwest) whether you are flying on them or not that day. With the AmEx platinum card you can only get access to an airline's club with the card and an itinerary on that specified airline that day. So if you're in Atlanta, and not flying on Delta, the AmEx plat will not allow you entry to the Delta club.

In addition, the Chase Presidential Plus card gives you Presidential membership at Avis, which gives you 2-class upgrades with every rental. Personally, I LOVE this new Continental card. And MasterCard & Visa are equally accepted world-wide. Anyone thinking Visa is accepted at more places than MasterCard has been successfully brainwashed by Visa's advertising. In addition, if you've ever had a dispute...Visa normally sides with the merchant, and MasterCard normally sides with the cardmember...which is why merchants push Visa...it's in THEIR best interest...it's tougher for a Visa cardmember to win a dispute than with Mastercard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.