Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

FAQ for Continental, OnePass and Life's Greater Mysteries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ for Continental, OnePass and Life's Greater Mysteries

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by michael_v
The following website lists all hotel transfer partners:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...fer/hotel.aspx

How do I actually transfer miles to a hotel partner and are there any limits on the amounts transferred?
Actually it is the other way -- that site is referring to transfer points from hotel partners to CO OP.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:45 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Continental FAQ
Golds, starting 3 days before flight if all eligible Platinums have already been upgraded; Golds are upgraded according the the fare class hierarchy (M, H, K, Q, U, V, G, W, E, S, T, N, L)
Still a CO newbie here (and matched to Gold based on UA 1P), and used to UA's UDU upgrade scheme....

I have a flight for which I am now inside of the the 72 hour window. It hasn't been upgraded, but the flight shows R8 (is that the equivalent of UA's NF?)

Should I have been upgraded? Will I be? Do I have a clue what I'm talking about? (I can answer that last one. No! )

TIA
Old Aug 20, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Still a CO newbie here (and matched to Gold based on UA 1P), and used to UA's UDU upgrade scheme....

I have a flight for which I am now inside of the the 72 hour window. It hasn't been upgraded, but the flight shows R8 (is that the equivalent of UA's NF?)

Should I have been upgraded? Will I be? Do I have a clue what I'm talking about? (I can answer that last one. No! )

TIA
72 hours is just the earliest that it can be done. Whether they do or not depends on the route and whether they think they can sell the seats - and probably the phases of the moon or something. Keep in mind that just because you're gold and there are 8 seats left doesn't mean that there aren't 50 Plats ahead of you that haven't yet been upgraded.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
PDA site

Probably too late for the OP, but unlike UA, CO does post the priority of upgrades so at least you have SOME idea where you stand 48 hours before the flight. PDA.continental.com Of course it can change.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:18 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Thanks to you both

The after-action report:

Three CO segments this week.

Segment 1 Was number one on the upgrade list until 10 minutes before the flight, then dropped to number 3. My exit row aisle seat, though, had no one in the middle.

Segment 2 Was Number one on the upgrade list until about 3 hours before, then dropped to number 3. Plane was almost full -- but I had exit row aisle and the only empty seat on the plane was next to me.

Segment 2 Was at least number 5 and sometimes dropped to number 7. No chance. Bulkhead aisle on a 737.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Thanks to you both

The after-action report:

Three CO segments this week.

Segment 1 Was number one on the upgrade list until 10 minutes before the flight, then dropped to number 3. My exit row aisle seat, though, had no one in the middle.

Segment 2 Was Number one on the upgrade list until about 3 hours before, then dropped to number 3. Plane was almost full -- but I had exit row aisle and the only empty seat on the plane was next to me.

Segment 2 Was at least number 5 and sometimes dropped to number 7. No chance. Bulkhead aisle on a 737.
(emphasis mine)

Segement 3 perhaps
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:55 pm

I see that CO does one way rewards now. Can I change a round trip flight to just one way (and get back the miles) or does that incur some sort of cancellation fee?

Also, has CO started doing miles & cash rewards, like UA does?

TIA!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL Gold, CO Silver
Had a bit of a bump in the road with CO.
I'd booked a TATL trip out with UA and back with CO and used my UA FF number. Flights were all in K class. As I couldn't book the CO seats EWR MAN with UA I called CO and got got told in a very snotty manner that I wasn't entitled to elite seating. I pointed out I was elite with both CO and UA and qualified under either. The agent then told me she'd "forced" the elite seating through as she could see my UA number but there was no point in putting the card number in as "You don't get miles on K class". News to me -from what I could see on CO's site the flight qualified .
I wasn't goin g to argue as the agent had so much attitude but just asked the agent to add the number anyway as there were more reasons to have status showing than just miles. She told me she had -but when I got to EWR was told not to use the elite lane as I wasn't entitled. Turned out she hadn't bothered. Usually I wouldn't be fussed however as this was a few days after last month's hurricane there were lots of Op-Ups and chances are her inaction lost me any chance of this.

I've since credited the miles to UA -which credited within 24 hours of me requesting the mileage (the BD segment will no doubt take a lot longer).
Is there any point in mailing this to customer relations -Really it seems a little ridiculous that an agent can't understand that a frequent flyer number isn't just about miles. (Even though it appears she was also wrong about whether the flight qualified)

Is it worth taking this to customer relations ?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by duchy
Had a bit of a bump in the road with CO.
I'd booked a TATL trip out with UA and back with CO and used my UA FF number. Flights were all in K class. As I couldn't book the CO seats EWR MAN with UA I called CO and got got told in a very snotty manner that I wasn't entitled to elite seating. I pointed out I was elite with both CO and UA and qualified under either. The agent then told me she'd "forced" the elite seating through as she could see my UA number but there was no point in putting the card number in as "You don't get miles on K class". News to me -from what I could see on CO's site the flight qualified .
I wasn't goin g to argue as the agent had so much attitude but just asked the agent to add the number anyway as there were more reasons to have status showing than just miles. She told me she had -but when I got to EWR was told not to use the elite lane as I wasn't entitled. Turned out she hadn't bothered. Usually I wouldn't be fussed however as this was a few days after last month's hurricane there were lots of Op-Ups and chances are her inaction lost me any chance of this.

I've since credited the miles to UA -which credited within 24 hours of me requesting the mileage (the BD segment will no doubt take a lot longer).
Is there any point in mailing this to customer relations -Really it seems a little ridiculous that an agent can't understand that a frequent flyer number isn't just about miles. (Even though it appears she was also wrong about whether the flight qualified)

Is it worth taking this to customer relations ?
Did you link your accounts?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So same day confirm/standby on CO award tickets for same routing, o/d are permitted for later flights too? Or only earlier flights?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:35 pm
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
I am currently waitlisted for BF using my SWUs. If my upgrade is not cleared at T-24, which of the following pegging orders of the fare classes would Continental use?

Stated on this thread
Y, B, M, H, K, Q, U, V, G, W, E, S, T, N, L

Stated on Continental's website (Under Complimentary Upgrade)
Y,B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G, N

Thank you!
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
The second list is the more recent (and correct) order of priority for fares on CO.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So same day confirm/standby on CO award tickets for same routing, o/d are permitted for later flights too? Or only earlier flights?
I'm going to answer my own question. You CANNOT same day confirm or standby to a later flight if it is not available online according to the CO agents. If it is up until two hours later, you can, but beyond that the ticket is no longer valid. This seems to be in stark contrast with Deltas same day confirm policy. Just thought I would share.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I'm going to answer my own question. You CANNOT same day confirm or standby to a later flight if it is not available online according to the CO agents. If it is up until two hours later, you can, but beyond that the ticket is no longer valid. This seems to be in stark contrast with Deltas same day confirm policy. Just thought I would share.
To clarify, does this mean you CAN change to a later flight with the 24-hour window from the time you are checking in as long as it is available online (which would be a confirmed change as opposed to a stand by)?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
I just achieved Platinum status, how many companions can I get preferred coach seats for? Do they have to be on the same reservation? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.