Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

FAQ for Continental, OnePass and Life's Greater Mysteries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ for Continental, OnePass and Life's Greater Mysteries

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
I just achieved Platinum status, how many companions can I get preferred coach seats for? Do they have to be on the same reservation? Thanks!
Up to 8, but they must all be on the same booking. (If it's a group booking of 10 or more, than I believe only you can sit there)
Old Nov 6, 2011, 5:03 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Up to 8, but they must all be on the same booking. (If it's a group booking of 10 or more, than I believe only you can sit there)
Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Adding CO BusinessFirst Shower Services at Destination to here may be useful.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Can someone point me to a list of current, SWU upgradeable fares on CO? I am booking international travel on CO and transferring over a couple of UA SWU's to upgrade. My TA is unsure of what the lowest fare class she can book which will allow this.

Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by drummingcraig
Can someone point me to a list of current, SWU upgradeable fares on CO? I am booking international travel on CO and transferring over a couple of UA SWU's to upgrade. My TA is unsure of what the lowest fare class she can book which will allow this.

Thanks!
W and higher, just like on UA.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
W and higher, just like on UA.
Thanks, but is there an actual list anywhere? I would like to be able to give my TA something more specific than just "W or higher". I think she is already a bit confused as she said that CO doesn't have a W fare...so thats why I would love to be able to give her specific choices.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 1:05 pm

Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W.

If the TA doesn't believe that CO has W fares then it is time to find a different TA.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 1:23 pm

Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W.

If the TA doesn't believe that CO has W fares then it is time to find a different TA.
Thank you. ^

I'm not sure whats causing the confusion on the W fare. But its not my call to "replace her".
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
It's possible that there are no W fares left for the flight(s) you are asking her to look at.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: UA Plat
CO Awars Search

Somewhere on FT I once saw a post giving instructions on how to get the CO.com award search to give you more than 50 flights. But I can't find it now. Can anyone point me to this? Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:01 pm

Waitlist Expired?

OK...I'm sure this is a simple question, but as this is my first experience with it I need some clarification.

I was wait listed on CO129 tomorrow IAH-GIG using a UA SWU, which was transferred from my linked MP acct (this was booked on CO; not a codeshare). It didn't clear (BF is slammed). I just got an email from DO about 15 minutes prior to online checkin becoming available that was a "Waitlist Expiration Notification" for my PNR. It also went on to state that I would automatically be added to the upgrade standby list when I check in.

Well, I checked in online and didn't see anything about the upgrade request still being active, and when I look at the flight on the mobile app I am not seeing the standby list as a viewable option.

The Rio flight is not until 9pm tomorrow so could it be that although I am checked in online, I am still outside of the 24 hour windows for that flight?

I have pretty much resigned myself to sitting in Y for 10 hours at this point, but I would love some reassurance that my name will at least be on the standby list should a miracle happen.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:19 pm

If you're on the list and checked in then your name should show up on the list, even outside 24 hours. It is not uncommon for there to be issues with the list transferring to the airport but talking to someone there usually resolves that.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:23 pm

If you're on the list and checked in then your name should show up on the list, even outside 24 hours. It is not uncommon for there to be issues with the list transferring to the airport but talking to someone there usually resolves that.
Yeah I am well within the 24-hour mark now and still not showing any stand by list or the flight "amenities" for it. My connecting flight (JAX-IAH) is showing both just fine. Weird.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 3:09 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
My brain has shut off, probably after the first few hours with my in-laws but I can't remember if platnum elites still get 500 mile mins for EQMs on any CO flight?
Do they still?

I need 660 to top up again for next yearl and have one week back in the USA to do it. Looking at a quick trip last days of December and want to make sure the 200-300 mile ranges will give me 500

Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2011, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
I can't remember if platnum elites still get 500 mile mins for EQMs on any CO flight?
Do they still?
Yes. As do flights on UA or US metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.