Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

FAQ for Continental, OnePass and Life's Greater Mysteries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ for Continental, OnePass and Life's Greater Mysteries

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2010, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by mlbach
I would like to know what will happen to those of us Continental Lifetime Platinum card holders (words on our loyalty card say infinite). How will this level be considered as the program is merged with UAL's Mileage Plus program? It is my hope that this status level will be retained. Thanks to anyone who can provide this insight as I can't find the information in anything being sent to OnePass or Mileage Plus members.
Lifetime Plats will remain lifetime plats in the new program. It seems that both programs are lining up to offer 4 elites levels: Silver, Gold, Plat, and 1K. Whether you'll be considered Plat versus 1K is another question.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 4:26 am

How to Sell 60k OnePass Miles?

Can anyone suggest a best way to turn my 60k OnePass miles into cash? Cheers!
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by moldova
Can anyone suggest a best way to turn my 60k OnePass miles into cash? Cheers!
You can get the Chase CO card then then use the miles for gift cards.

Actually selling them would be a violation of the TOS and they could take them away.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 2:25 am

I'm sure this has been asked before, but roughly how much is one airline mile worth? And are the OnePass miles you get for travel the same as OnePass miles from the credit card (in terms of redeeming them for rewards)?

I just signed up for the Chase card to get the 25,000 miles free. I could also easily do the $25,000 in purchases for 10,000 bonus miles reward. So that would be 35,000 miles. My other option for those purchases is a 1% cash back card which would get me $250.

I don't travel much (yet anyway), but if I could get a great deal out of the points I would be willing to fly almost anywhere. Looking at the continental offers they have round trip flights for $119, or $36 + 15,000 miles. That values them at just over half a cent each, and I would have been better off taking the cash back on my purchases. That seems pretty bad so I hope I could do much better. What is the most value per mile I could realistically get? I'd be willing to fly anywhere almost anytime (after mid-April).
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tedfor
I'm sure this has been asked before, but roughly how much is one airline mile worth?
That highly depends. There's no set value which is why sometimes you get a good deal and sometimes, not so much

And are the OnePass miles you get for travel the same as OnePass miles from the credit card (in terms of redeeming them for rewards)?
Yes. They all combine into the same pool of redeemable miles

I just signed up for the Chase card to get the 25,000 miles free. I could also easily do the $25,000 in purchases for 10,000 bonus miles reward. So that would be 35,000 miles. My other option for those purchases is a 1% cash back card which would get me $250.

I don't travel much (yet anyway), but if I could get a great deal out of the points I would be willing to fly almost anywhere. Looking at the continental offers they have round trip flights for $119, or $36 + 15,000 miles. That values them at just over half a cent each, and I would have been better off taking the cash back on my purchases. That seems pretty bad so I hope I could do much better. What is the most value per mile I could realistically get? I'd be willing to fly anywhere almost anytime (after mid-April).
Don't you get 40,000 miles? If you're looking to book reward travel, go for the miles. If you want to see, check out the reward redemption site on co.com, play around with dates and destinations to see price in miles. (Same as booking regular travel, but click "Reward Travel" by "Search By:")
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
The fare code upgrade priority needs updated to reflect the new codes presented on co.com.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Maybe I missed it here, but I didn't see a way on continental.com to look at the fare buckets and determine which flights have immediately confirmable upgrades (using any of SWUs, CR1s or miles plus copay). On united.com the fare buckets are shown explicitly, including NC, NF, XC and XF, when trying a booking using miles. How do I get the information on confirmable upgrade availability on continental.com?
Old Apr 25, 2011, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by redburgundy
Maybe I missed it here, but I didn't see a way on continental.com to look at the fare buckets and determine which flights have immediately confirmable upgrades (using any of SWUs, CR1s or miles plus copay). On united.com the fare buckets are shown explicitly, including NC, NF, XC and XF, when trying a booking using miles. How do I get the information on confirmable upgrade availability on continental.com?
Well, a good way to not get the information is to post in the FAQ, which is not supposed to be a Q&A. Ask your question in a new thread.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Originally Posted by aacharya
Well, a good way to not get the information is to post in the FAQ, which is not supposed to be a Q&A. Ask your question in a new thread.
Silly me, to expect a substantive response.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question What are 1Pass rules for award change and cancel

Last time I redeemed CO award was 15 yrs ago. Been on AA since. Few questions:

1. On AA the date/time of an award reservation can be changed at No cost (if award avail) if same route (actually same origin-destination and same airlines). Is it same on CO ?

2. On AA it costs $150 to cancel award and deposit back miles . What is the CO rule ?

I plan to book awards for Jan-2012 between mainland and Hawaii, and these will be UA flights.

3. If I book a coach easypass, and for same flight a biz/1st-saverpass for same number of miles becomes available - can I change to biz? does it cost?

4. Any pros/cons to booking a roundtrip award vs 2 1ways ?

Last edited by IntFF; Jul 4, 2011 at 5:01 pm
Old Jul 4, 2011, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IntFF
Last time I redeemed CO award was 15 yrs ago. Been on AA since. Few questions:

1. On AA the date/time of an award reservation can be changed at No cost (if award avail) if same route (actually same origin-destination and same airlines). Is it same on CO ?

As long as the airports remain the same, yes. There are no fees for doing this 21 or more days out. Within 21 days, this cost $75/$50 - Silver/$25 - Gold/Free - Plat

2. On AA it costs $150 to cancel award and deposit back miles . What is the CO rule ?

$150/$125 - Silver/$100 - Gold/Free - Plat

I plan to book awards for Jan-2012 between mainland and Hawaii, and these will be UA flights.

3. If I book a coach easypass, and for same flight a biz/1st-saverpass for same number of miles becomes available - can I change to biz? does it cost?

You can but within 21 days, you may be subject to a change fee

4. Any pros/cons to booking a roundtrip award vs 2 1ways ?

Can't see why one would be better or the other. It all depends on your needs. The price of r/t is double one-way. (You're not saving to book r/t versus 2 o/w.)

Last edited by joshwex90; Jul 10, 2011 at 1:30 am Reason: silly typos. NO FEES CHANGES 21 DAYS OUT!
Old Jul 4, 2011, 7:03 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Is a stopover allowed on a one way miles redemption? Say IAH to FRA (stopover) to MAA? Flights on LH with CO miles.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question

Thank you joshwex90 - Great info. One more question:
I booked a CO economy easypass award SFO=>OGG, and put on ExpertFlyer alerts for 1st/biz1st saver awards.
I is a UA flight on 767-300 with UA 3 classes: 1st, Economy-Plus, and Economy. CO award availability matrix has no Economy-Plus.
Does it make sense to call CO-1Pass if they can move me to Economy-Plus ?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:24 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IntFF
...I booked a CO economy easypass award SFO=>OGG, and put on ExpertFlyer alerts for 1st/biz1st saver awards.
I is a UA flight on 767-300 with UA 3 classes: 1st, Economy-Plus, and Economy. CO award availability matrix has no Economy-Plus.
Does it make sense to call CO-1Pass if they can move me to Economy-Plus ?
E+ is not considered a separate cabin / booking class. You book Economy and if you have access privileges for E+ (UA/CO elite or purchase annual or single segment access) you can choose a seat in E+. There is no special booking class or mileage award level for E+.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:21 pm

Transfer to hotel partners

The following website lists all hotel transfer partners:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...fer/hotel.aspx

How do I actually transfer miles to a hotel partner and are there any limits on the amounts transferred?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.