Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Take the Fast Track to Platinum/Gold/Silver Elite Status by applying for Mastercard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Take the Fast Track to Platinum/Gold/Silver Elite Status by applying for Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2005, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by RNE
Maybe you're right, but CO could have disallowed my registration (which they all-too-blithely do in other cases for non-targeted would-be registrants) yet they allowed it. I followed all the instructions, got approved by Chase and will make my one required purchase before March 1, as specified. Once done, they better honor the deal!
If they do not honor the deal, then what? Are you entitled to ask for more than the $85 annual fee? In the past Chase and CO are known to have given the runaround when it came to crediting the initial bonus miles, so it is advisable to keep all supporting documents.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 10:25 pm

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MileagePlus, HiltonHonors
Here’s how to take advantage of this offer:

Go to this link:
http://www.continental.com/onepass/n...gistration.asp

Enter the code number appropriate to the elite level you wish to obtain:
58038 - platinum
58039 - gold
58040 – silver

Enter your OnePass number and click on the arrow.

If your registration is successful, a new page will appear indicating as such.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 10:27 pm

Location: Lat. N41., Long. W-75, in the NJ foothills of the Poconos
Programs: Ex-Con Million Miler, UA MM, CO Plat dozen, Onepass member since 1988
Thumbs down Crazy

This is crazy! Did I just waste $700 on 16,000 miles worth of MR, plus the earlier work I did this year to direct my business at CO to requal my Plat??

I've got 75,000+ butt-in-seat miles. Plus I paid $85 for a CO World MC. If this is not a mistake, I will be distressed!!

I don't need the offer. But I just tried it to see, yes it worked for me. Bah Humbugh!

"Home > Frequent Flyer Program > OnePass News & Offers > Take the Fast Track to Platinum Elite Status
Take the Fast Track to Platinum Elite Status

Valid Mon., Dec. 26, 2005 - Sat., Dec. 31, 2005 (Time Remaining: 6 days)
Posted Mon., Dec. 12, 2005
Register Another OnePass Account

Promotion Code:
58038 OnePass Number:
Not a OnePass member? Enroll now.

Registration Successful

OnePass account XX123456 is now registered for this offer (58038).
Registration Date: Mon., Dec. 26, 2005

When you apply and are approved for the Continental Airlines World MasterCard from Chase, you'll enjoy Platinum Elite status through February 2007."
Old Dec 26, 2005, 10:35 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
I asked on the chase complaint thread - but thought I'd ask here too... anyone pick gold or silver?
Old Dec 26, 2005, 10:57 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by mbreuer
I asked on the chase complaint thread - but thought I'd ask here too... anyone pick gold or silver?
How about iluvmiddleseats?
Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
There is only one way for CO to handle this - all apps from those not on the marketing list this offer was targeted for should have their status revoked....it's just that simple.

What happens when word of this code makes its way to fatwallet.com or one of those other sites...and all of a sudden, we have 50,000 new Plats registered? No way would CO put up with that, nor should we.

I would like to page Cigarman to bring this issue to the attention of CO brass and have the floodgates plugged right away - and have the marketing people start revoking the status of all non-targeted applicants before this turns into a major mess.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K / IC RA/ Hilton Plat / Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
There is only one way for CO to handle this - all apps from those not on the marketing list this offer was targeted for should have their status revoked....it's just that simple.

What happens when word of this code makes its way to fatwallet.com or one of those other sites...and all of a sudden, we have 50,000 new Plats registered? No way would CO put up with that, nor should we.

I would like to page Cigarman to bring this issue to the attention of CO brass and have the floodgates plugged right away - and have the marketing people start revoking the status of all non-targeted applicants before this turns into a major mess.
Here Here! I second that motion, this needs to be stopped as soon as possible.

I will be making some phone calls to CO tomorrow to make sure they understand how bad things will get if they allow all of these plat freebies to stand. Otherwise i smell a status match in my future and CO can say goodbye to another 80,000 butt-in-seat miles.

(Now that I think of it, we should keep a running count of all the flown miles CO will lose next year due to true plats leaving in disgust)
Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:07 pm

Programs: CO-Plat
Read The Terms & Conditions

Terms and Conditions:
*OnePass Elite upgrades are valid on flights operated by Continental Airlines, Copa Airlines and Northwest Airlines, and are valid for travel within or between the 48 contiguous United States, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America and South America, as well as select flights within or between the mid-Pacific and Asia. Continental flights with a BusinessFirst cabin are not eligible.

**First purchase must be made on card by March 1, 2006, to receive bonus miles and Elite status.This offer is non-transferable and is intended only for the person to whom it was sent. All terms and conditions of OnePass apply, including Continental's right to modify or terminate the OnePass program. You must be a OnePass member to participate in this promotion. This offer is not combinable with any other promotional offer.

In the 2nd section of Terms, it states "This offer is non-transferable and is intended only for the person to whom it was sent."

Therefore, I believe that once they weed through all the applications, they will not grant access to those OnePass members who did not receive an invitation. Unfortunately, according to what the applicant "signs" with Chase, they will still receive the card. Of course, they can always cancel it right away.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:14 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by aztecsae
In the 2nd section of Terms, it states "This offer is non-transferable and is intended only for the person to whom it was sent."

Therefore, I believe that once they weed through all the applications, they will not grant access to those OnePass members who did not receive an invitation. Unfortunately, according to what the applicant "signs" with Chase, they will still receive the card. Of course, they can always cancel it right away.

I think I agree.. this is most likely what will happen.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:10 am

Programs: 1K , 2MM, UA Club, *G, Admirals Club Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
[I]Terms and Conditions:
*In the 2nd section of Terms, it states "This offer is non-transferable and is intended only for the person to whom it was sent."

This appears to be a total waste of time, manpower and money for Chase, the OPSC and frequent flyers.

Has anyone on here actually received this targeted promo - and how was it sent?
Old Dec 27, 2005, 1:32 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by MarcoBJ
This appears to be a total waste of time, manpower and money for Chase, the OPSC and frequent flyers.
Agreed, either way CO loses. However, I don't think that many elites will result even if this does go through so although it devalues status it's not going to be totally diluted.

Last edited by chewy3; Dec 27, 2005 at 1:35 am
Old Dec 27, 2005, 4:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
I hope you're right!

Welcome to FlyerTalk ^
Old Dec 27, 2005, 5:56 am

Location: Midland, by way of Odessa, by way of El Paso, by way of Abuja, by way of Mexico City, by way of...
Programs: Aadvantage Exec Plat, AmEx Platinum, Hilton Diamond, United Club, Admiral's Club
I want to agree, but...

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I agree that it is a bad idea and that the offer should be ended right away. I want to agree that the status should be revoked for those who have already applied, but I do not. Here is why:

The people who have applied incurred 3 distinct damages. The first is the $85, which many of you pointed out is likely refundable if the card is cancelled. The second damage, however, is an inquiry in one's credit report. If someone allowed Chase to check their credit based on the offer from Continental, someone runs the risk of being denied credit later or receiving it at higher rates because an extra person has granted or considered granting them credit. The third reason is that it is always a bad idea to offer someone a benefit that looks and smells like a contract and then revoke it post hoc. Some have argued that this would not be a contract based on it being targeted, but if true Continental would have had the obligation to say no when one attempted to register.

Please don't think I am saying this is a good idea. It is not. I also think the technical bug should be fixed to prevent anyone else not targeted from signing up. However, I think that revoking an offer for people who have already accepted it is a bad way to go. I also do not believe the elite ranks would swell that much that quickly if just cancelled now.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 6:35 am

OK, I applied, got return receipt accepted (dreaming of my return to plat days) and the card appeared on my CO "pay profile". made a travel res on Co.com and used the card info to pay - DENIED!!!

So, dreams of return to plat are GONE : (
When I changed jobs not flying international so back to silver but this year relly tried and was gold, no hope for plat
Old Dec 27, 2005, 6:40 am

Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
Originally Posted by westtexas
I agree that it is a bad idea and that the offer should be ended right away. I want to agree that the status should be revoked for those who have already applied, but I do not. Here is why:

The people who have applied incurred 3 distinct damages. The first is the $85, which many of you pointed out is likely refundable if the card is cancelled. The second damage, however, is an inquiry in one's credit report. If someone allowed Chase to check their credit based on the offer from Continental, someone runs the risk of being denied credit later or receiving it at higher rates because an extra person has granted or considered granting them credit. The third reason is that it is always a bad idea to offer someone a benefit that looks and smells like a contract and then revoke it post hoc. Some have argued that this would not be a contract based on it being targeted, but if true Continental would have had the obligation to say no when one attempted to register.

Please don't think I am saying this is a good idea. It is not. I also think the technical bug should be fixed to prevent anyone else not targeted from signing up. However, I think that revoking an offer for people who have already accepted it is a bad way to go. I also do not believe the elite ranks would swell that much that quickly if just cancelled now.
All very good points here - I agree 100%

CO must pull the plug NOW, but for those that got in beforehand, they should honor it. Their fault for not incorporating any safeguards into the registration program. Could have easily had program check against list of targeted OP numbers.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.