Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Take the Fast Track to Platinum/Gold/Silver Elite Status by applying for Mastercard

Take the Fast Track to Platinum/Gold/Silver Elite Status by applying for Mastercard

 
Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:01 pm
  #706  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Eagan, Mn USA
Programs: NW/DL/CO/HH/PC
Posts: 121
Enrolled my spouse 12/27 in the AM, she was accepted on line and was issued a card number the last 4 numbers of which are listed under her CO OnePass profile. I've printed out the acceptance. I then registered myself and the screen signified there was a delay of up to 30 days for approval. Just received a call from Chase's fraud unit verifying my online information and giving approval for my card. I was told that when 2 cards are requested from the same household within a short period of time, one application is delayed for verification.

Talked to 4 CSR's this afternoon regarding benefits, 3 @ Chase and 1 @ CO and no one could give a definitive answer regarding any fast track elite upgrade. The codes would not come up on the OnePass CSR's scope. They all agreed on the other benefits with which we are satisfied with and will keep the cards for a year at least.

I'll be interested in hearing CO's side of the story next week.
ottofocus is offline  
Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:08 pm
  #707  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Airstrip One
Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
Posts: 950
Received a call from Chase....

But before I get into that, I just have to say I'm shocked and apalled by the behaviour of some of my fellow FTer's on this thread.

One of my favourites is, and I paraphase, "nyah nyah, we win and you don't!"
For f*ck's sake, don't think I've heard that one since grade four!
Amazing someone as immature as I am, is aghast at the immaturity of those who are probably older than I am....

Anyway, I get a call from Chase about 3 hours ago regarding my CC application. I already have 2 other Chase cards and she wanted to ask a couple questions. During the call I asked TWICE and explicitly if when I'm approved, do I get the Platinum Elite status with Continental's FF program. She assured me both times that yes, it will be done. Again I paraphrase.

But this was a Chase rep, not OPCS so......

Cheers
(and try to take it down a notch, eh? )

Well, maybe I shouldn't talk - I've been known to get quite venomous myself.

Last edited by the_nomad; Dec 30, 2005 at 4:28 pm
the_nomad is offline  
Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:19 pm
  #708  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Posts: 3,970
Originally Posted by the_nomad
...
Amazing someone as immature as I am, is aghast at the immaturity of those who are probably older than I am....
The older you get, the more you learn that emotional maturity has nothing to do with chronological maturity.
mbreuer is offline  
Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:20 pm
  #709  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Posts: 3,970
Originally Posted by the_nomad
But before I get into that, I just have to say I'm shocked and apalled by the behaviour of some of my fellow FTer's on this thread.

One of my favourites is, and I paraphase, "nyah nyah, we win and you don't!"
For f*ck's sake, don't think I've heard that one since grade four!
Amazing someone as immature as I am, is aghast at the immaturity of those who are probably older than I am....

Anyway, I get a call from Chase about 3 hours ago regarding my CC application. I already have 2 other Chase cards and she wanted to ask a couple questions. During the call I asked TWICE and explicitly if when I'm approved, do I get the Platinum Elite status with Continental's FF program. She assured me both times that yes, it will be done. Again I paraphrase.

But this was a Chase rep, not OPCS so......

Cheers
(and try to take it down a notch, eh? )
You spoke with a Chase rep who knew what Elite status is ?
mbreuer is offline  
Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:25 pm
  #710  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Airstrip One
Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
Posts: 950
Originally Posted by mbreuer
You spoke with a Chase rep who knew what Elite status is ?
heheh, yeah I assume...

First she mentioned the Platinum CC, but I corrected her and asked explicitly about OP Plat and she acknowledged that I'd be up'ed to OP Plat. Whatever Chase does for it on their end anyway....
the_nomad is offline  
Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:30 pm
  #711  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Posts: 35,206
Continental's response to this matter can be found in this thread. I think the topic would be best served by a new thread, as the tone in this one has certainly taken a turn for the worse. Please feel free to discuss Continental's response in the above-linked thread. I am closing this one.

Xyzzy
CO forum moderator
Xyzzy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.