Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Important developments from my dinner with CEO please read VERY IMPORTANT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important developments from my dinner with CEO please read VERY IMPORTANT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2004, 6:15 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
1.) Yes, depending on the date as it seems like it would be quite informative!
2.) Yes, absolutely. I am silver on NWA but fly Continental (much) more often than NWA
Old Dec 6, 2004, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
1) Yes depending on the dates (will CO set up a meeting fare for this? )

2) Yes -- I can't think of any time in the last few years when I didn't buy tickets at least once every two months..
Old Dec 6, 2004, 8:31 am

Programs: United 1K, MM
1. Yes (depending on schedule)
2. Yes
Old Dec 6, 2004, 9:28 am

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
1. yes - depending on schedule
2. yes
Old Dec 6, 2004, 9:29 am

Programs: CO Plat, AA Gold, UA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Loews Gold, Marriott Gold, etc. etc. etc
Obviously this is getting ahead of the game, but I figured I'd pose the question anyway just in case...

I have an 19-year-old nephew, a Silver Elite in his own right, who is perhaps the biggest Continental Airlines fan around, and one of the most knowledgable people on both the airline, the OnePass program, and the industry as a whole that I have ever met. In fact, there are many times during my travel planning and such that I consult him for advice.

If I'm not available to go, should I receive the privilege to do so, I'd love to send him down to Houston to stand in my place. He lurks on Flyertalk and shares many of the same complaints and praises of the program as most of us on the forum. To be honest, I think having him go down there would be more beneficial than my going, considering his deep passion for the airline and this industry.

Cigarman, I'd greatly appreciate it if you would take this into consideration while planning this outing, should I be unable to attend.

I'm available via email at [email protected] if there is anything you need to contact me for. I'm not sure if the email function on my username is up-to-date anymore.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 11:01 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat for Life, SPG Plat, United Silver, given up on Skypesos for good
yes and yes
Old Dec 6, 2004, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA - GS/1MM, Marriott- PT, SPG-Gold/Fairmont Presidents
1) Would you be willing to fly into Houston for a Flyertalk get together if you got t

1) Yes
2) Yes
Old Dec 6, 2004, 2:34 pm

Programs: COPP/UAGS SPG Platinum, USAir Gold Hyatt Diamond, Amex Centurion
Yes.

Yes.

I've already spoken to Larry on the phone a few times - I'd love to meet him in person.

Originally Posted by cigarman
I just finished my regular dinner with Larry Kellner, and I can inform all CO flyerTalkers I think I have negotiated something very nifty for us Flyertalkers. I can't disclose it yet as the details have not been worked out with the dreaded legal etc. However, you all could help me to help you. Please answer two questions and I'll let you know the good news soon.

1) Would you be willing to fly into Houston for a Flyertalk get together if you got to tour CO and personally meet with the CEO?

2) Are you going to buy a CO ticket in the next 60 days to anywhere?

That would help me. Hopefully both answer will be a large number. Please be honest as I don't want to be embarssed if I negotiate something then 6 people buy a ticket. Thanks, Cigarman
Old Dec 6, 2004, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
1) Vulcan don't be such a sceptic! You know me. I just can't tell you the reasons for the two questions yet. Suffice it to say, that I am not the only person reading this thread. I posted this to prove point one. After proving that point, I have to go to the mechanics and logistics. This is not a deal to sell high priced CO tickets to IAH. As a interesting note, I like the one posters suggestion of a meeting rate. I'll see what I can do there. But, You should know both the "ideas" came from me in response to arguement CO advanced. They think "x" and I think "Y" . Time will tell who is correct. Suffice it to say, if I am successful, I think all of FT will benefit in the future. I have spoken with Randy and he is fully on board.
2) To the person asking if someone else could attend. Of course they can. All FT events are open to everyone. The key point is I need people who actually fly CO. An Airline "Z" flyer who shows up, won't help, because they don't generate revenue for good old CO. And trust me, Larry is a sharp guy. He will calculate and hold it against me!
3) Anyway, not trying to be mysterious. My guess is, I should have more info in a week or so. Cigarman
Old Dec 6, 2004, 5:48 pm

1) Vulcan don't be such a sceptic! You know me. I just can't tell you the reasons for the two questions yet. Suffice it to say, that I am not the only person reading this thread. I posted this to prove point one. After proving that point, I have to go to the mechanics and logistics. This is not a deal to sell high priced CO tickets to IAH. As a interesting note, I like the one posters suggestion of a meeting rate. I'll see what I can do there. But, You should know both the "ideas" came from me in response to arguement CO advanced. They think "x" and I think "Y" . Time will tell who is correct. Suffice it to say, if I am successful, I think all of FT will benefit in the future. I have spoken with Randy and he is fully on board.
2) To the person asking if someone else could attend. Of course they can. All FT events are open to everyone. The key point is I need people who actually fly CO. An Airline "Z" flyer who shows up, won't help, because they don't generate revenue for good old CO. And trust me, Larry is a sharp guy. He will calculate and hold it against me!
3) Anyway, not trying to be mysterious. My guess is, I should have more info in a week or so. Cigarman
Just a note for thought. Some of us might want to attend but don't particularlily link our FT persona with a real CO account. Not that I am paranoid, okay maybe a bit, but part of the appeal of using these boards is the ability engage in a meaningful discussion in with a degree of privacy.

And, BTW, thanks cigarman for all you do for us. It is appreciated! You do a great jo opening up lines of communication that need to be open between a customers and the business.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 6:04 pm

Thank you Cigarman for even taking the time to try and plan an event like this. I also want to extend a thanks to CO for evening considering an event like this. I am sure there are many companies out there who would never even consider hosting an event like so, even if it provided revenue to them.

Also maybe obtaining a meeting rate at a hotel/hotels for the event would be a nice idea and I would not mind working on that once dates were choosen

Dan
Old Dec 6, 2004, 6:19 pm

1. If dates work, yes!!

2. Yes
Old Dec 6, 2004, 6:26 pm

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
yes and yes for me too
Old Dec 6, 2004, 6:45 pm

1) I'd love to, but of course it depends on timing and bank balance. Unless of course they're sending a specially config'ed all-BF jumbo to fly us down from NYC for free, in which case I'm totally there!

2) Just bought a CO ticket yesterday, just flew one two weeks ago, and will probably buy at least one more in the next couple months.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 6:58 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat

1) Would you be willing to fly into Houston for a Flyertalk get together if you got to tour CO and personally meet with the CEO?
2) Are you going to buy a CO ticket in the next 60 days to anywhere?
1- HELL NO
2- AN EVEN BIGGER HELL NO

just to be different

you do know I'm kidding, right, right????
I bleed blue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.