Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Important developments from my dinner with CEO please read VERY IMPORTANT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important developments from my dinner with CEO please read VERY IMPORTANT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2004, 6:40 pm

Programs: CO GOLD
1. YES
2. YES

But do we have any idea as to when this might be happening?
Old Dec 8, 2004, 7:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Boraxo
(1) No.

(2) No.

Today is the day I begin the transformation of uselss Nonepass miles -> useful Amtrak points. ^ I have no plans to fly CO again barring (a) merger with UA, (b) required business travel to IAH (highly unlikely), or (c) some extraordinary bonus mileage offer.
I may do the same. Yesterday actually marked the first day of my requalification as Plat on NWA. I hated losing out the bonus miles in the requalification, but I have so many left to burn with them...I have just a few EQMs this year and those are only there due to a mistaken post to my OP account. I simply don't intend to fly CO any longer unless absolutely necessary. Now just to figure out what to do with the remaining miles...already burned over 600,000 in the past few years.

Cigarman...
thanks for arranging this meeting. I think everyone will appreciate it. I wish I had the chance to meet them last year before I decided to bail on CO completely. Perhaps a face-to-face meeting with management would have / could have calmed my anger and prevented me from eliminating them from my travel plans entirely...I used to sing their praises and convinced many people to start flying CO. Now, I am just the opposite and avoid htem like a plague...after five consecutive years of Platinum status and a couple of those with 125k+ miles, virtually all on CO. I'll keep my eyes on the thread here and if a date/time are set that are convenient for me, I may try to make it.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 7:45 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
divrdrew, if you do make it, grab a bunch of milanos for us at the World Club on your way over.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 8:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by snake
divrdrew, if you do make it, grab a bunch of milanos for us at the World Club on your way over.
Want some of those low carb Atkins snacks too??
Old Dec 8, 2004, 8:34 pm
BSL

Yes. I live here.

No. Only driving over Christmas.

BSL
Old Dec 8, 2004, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM but covet Qatar Q-Suites
1. Yes, would enjoy a meeting w/CEO. Tour of what, though? Offices.... not such a big deal. Maybe we could meet in the cargo hold of a 777; that would be worth a special trip.
2. Already have plans to fly CO monthly from DCA-SEA for 2005.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by CALfly5
1. Yes, would enjoy a meeting w/CEO. Tour of what, though? Offices.... not such a big deal. Maybe we could meet in the cargo hold of a 777; that would be worth a special trip.
I have been thinking the same thing. Maybe an onsite meeting someone at IAH and a detailed tour of a 777 that is RON? It would be even better if it was Peter Max!
Old Dec 9, 2004, 6:45 am

Speaking of the Peter Max ship I saw her on Saturday at IAH doing the CDG run I think out of term E.

Dan
Old Dec 9, 2004, 4:49 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
1) Yes, depnding on date.

2) Yes, to London.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA MM *G Life; DL PM; AA AG; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott Plat; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
Count me in...

1. YES

2. YES (more than one)

I just read the short article about Larry in the Dec. CO Magazine. Sounds like someone with a lot of integrity.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Silver, *Wood Gold, Marriott Silver
1. No
2. Yes I just bought two today but to be honest, I am very likely to switch to American starting in January because of this ridiculous EQM policy. I am flying Continental every week and not getting any status. My flights are required to be booked by a corporate travel agent and the last 3 have had an I or W leg so now I am not going to qualify for my first-ever Elite status for next year!

If I am not ever going to make Silver Elite despite flying 2x a week then why am I bothering, honestly? When I started this project for work, AA had a challenge going and I could have made GOLD with only 4 RTs. The only reason I tried for Continental silver was that the flights leave at 6:30am, and AA at 6am. Now I am regretting that decision, believe me. I would have made AA Gold last week but instead I am stuck with no status in middle seats every week on full flights, wondering if everyone on the #%^@# plane got a discount economy fare!

Sorry to rant but if you are meeting with the CEO I hope this topic is on the top of your list.

Truly
Old Dec 9, 2004, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
1) Interested, but very dependent on the dates. My schedule is very booked up through Mid-March.

2) Have a CO trip to SJU in Feb already ticketed. On a month-long cruise in January, so no air travelling there. Nothing more for the rest of 2004.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 10:40 pm

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
yes on buying a ticket.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 6:16 am

I do not know if it would be a help to any other Fters but if you had a ballpark month for this event Cigarman I know it would help me kind of keep my sched a little more open.

Dan
Old Dec 10, 2004, 7:36 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat
Talking

Yes

Yes

Sincerely, Greg

ps that is a double as my wife would come also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.