Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prestige Pack

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2004, 10:25 pm

bought a prestige pack this afternoon at 515pm CST. logged on to co.com at 1100pm CST and the 7500 miles had already posted. cudos to CO IT. incredible in my opinion. of any use immediately? no. but still cool.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 9:09 am

Programs: United Global Services, UA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Anyone ever try to use one of the $99 roundtrip companion certificates? easy? difficult? filled with restrictions?
Old Aug 18, 2004, 11:00 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Probably a silly question - are the miles that come with the pack EQM?
Old Aug 18, 2004, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by mbreuer
Unfortunately not.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
cab: what type of leather document holder was it? TUMI (wishful thinking)?

aloha
It's made out of a cowhide; sorry, no TUMI. I've been using the same one for about 6-7 years now, and it still looks great. These hold up really well for what they are.

Originally Posted by dlen111
bought a prestige pack this afternoon at 515pm CST. logged on to co.com at 1100pm CST and the 7500 miles had already posted. cudos to CO IT. incredible in my opinion. of any use immediately? no. but still cool.
The 7,500 bonus miles post IMMEDIATELY after purchasing the Prestige Pack. I've logged on while on hold purchasing the pack with the OPSC and the miles have posted that instant. This is a great thing for those needing miles ASAP.

Originally Posted by chrisjur
Anyone ever try to use one of the $99 roundtrip companion certificates? easy? difficult? filled with restrictions?
I've never had any issue using them. Buy a ticket wherever you want to go, use the $99 companion ticket for the second one. Easy as that. Unless things have changed, both tickets (includes the OPCR $99 companion ticket) earn miles.

Originally Posted by mbreuer
As noted, no, the bonus miles only apply to your total banked miles and not for EQMs.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 1:21 pm

I was the "companion" on one of these recently. Very easy, no problems at all, miles posted, even got an elite upgrade on one of the segments!
Old Aug 18, 2004, 1:21 pm

Programs: US Gold, *A Gold, SPG Gold, ex-CO Gold
Why aren't these prestige packs advertised? I had never heard of them until I first found these FT boards, and even if you do a search on the CO website you don't find anything about them. Is there a reason for this?
Old Aug 18, 2004, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I used a companion ticket a couple of years ago. I seem to remember having to pay the taxes. So the $99 ticket came to about $125.

Mary
Old Aug 18, 2004, 3:50 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by cab747
I've never had any issue using them. Buy a ticket wherever you want to go, use the $99 companion ticket for the second one. Easy as that. Unless things have changed, both tickets (includes the OPCR $99 companion ticket) earn miles.
Wow, if the companion gets both the miles and a potential EUA (provided he/she is an elite), it's not such a bad deal for $99, huh? I wonder if they're still giving the miles and upgrades now, after all the OP 'program enhancements,' can anyone confirm?
Old Aug 18, 2004, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by dbielik
Wow, if the companion gets both the miles and a potential EUA (provided he/she is an elite), it's not such a bad deal for $99, huh? I wonder if they're still giving the miles and upgrades now, after all the OP 'program enhancements,' can anyone confirm?

Just did it in July 2004. We thought it was a great deal, considering the RT would have been about $490 each. Got both tix for around $600. We held on to it until it was worth our while. And as Mary2e said, I did pay the taxes and fees, which don't amount to much.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 4:57 pm

Have used the $99 companion ticket previously. From what I recall, there were fare class restrictions. Also, as an aside, did have to change/re-route and have tickets re-issued. As a result, was also able to upgrade a few of the portions with the FC upgrades from the Prestige Pack (no longer offered). It was a *very* sweet deal.

Good to see it's come back in a modified form and available for annual purchase.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 10:41 pm
Suspended

i buy the expensive of the two packages every year. it's an incredible deal. i just flew newark to seattle this past weekend with my mom using the $99 companion certificate. we both got full mileage credit and were both upgraded both ways. the return trip was a battleship upgrade (even though the flight left with two empty seats in first). on the outbound, we were upgraded at the gate adn there was one empty in first. what a great deal.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA: MM
Things can get a little tricky with the companion ticket if you get an agent that really digs into the fine print. You are suposed to book and purchase the tickets at the same time and must pay (or turn in the coupon) at a ticket counter or ticket office.

I recently used one to purchase a companion ticket for a business trip where my ticket was purchased by our travel agency. The agent at the Sugar Land ticket office wouldn't let me use the coupon. I tried again at the LAX counter and the rep there pushed it through, but it took a few phone calls and some extra time. I think the total ended up at $147. (Still not bad for a $400 fare.)

They really are a good deal, but it's a little work to use them.

FWIW

DLM

PS The rep a LAX reminded me twice that I had to fly with the companion or their ticket would void out. I guess they can run a check at the gate...
Old Aug 19, 2004, 8:00 am

I used the Companion last year and even got them to acknowledge that it could be used for travel starting in Canada. Saved about $500 US for a trip to TPA from YEG. The biggest hassle was having to go out to the airport to buy it the day after booking as the CO desk is only staffed for the 1X daily flight to IAH at 7:00!!

Although I never used the $$-off coupon, the rest of the booklet wasn't of any use to me.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 12:42 pm

Programs: United Global Services, UA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by dbielik
Wow, I can hardly believe it, considering all the restrictions on miles and EQM these days.

My gf and I are going EWR->YVR (Vancouver) in Jan, and airfare on that route is always high (looking $500+ now). I'll certainly pick me up one of those packs...it's a no-brainer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.