Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prestige Pack

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2006, 8:44 am

love the prestige pack!!

I just completed a trip and used the companion fare for a coach flight. Saved $300 due to the lateness of the booking so that minus the $135 it cost plus the $100 off on the fare to Europe I'm booking next week made it a good deal. Plus both of us got the appropriate miles credited for the flight. I was waiting to see that before I bought the second Prestige pack to use later (of course that was not bought by me but by my SO for use later).
Old Jun 1, 2006, 9:10 am

the $99 certs are pretty sweet. my brother got miles on his DL account, and got up'd with me as a comp on all four segments. i get them every year. im not sure if ill be able to use this year's. but i still get my money's worth with the $100 off cert and the mileage award.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 6:45 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Bonvoy Gold
$100 coupon use advice?

Question about the $100 coupons (privpack and Chase) before I call and get my account flagged --

I am looking at a route where one-way F fares are exactly half of the roundtrip F fares. Is there anything that prevents me (because I have so many of these coupons around, and this is one of the few times I'll not be flying on a QSTL) from booking it as two one-way tickets and using two coupons, saving an extra $100 off buying it r/t?
Old Jul 20, 2006, 9:29 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by Mile-Hor
Question about the $100 coupons (privpack and Chase) before I call and get my account flagged --

I am looking at a route where one-way F fares are exactly half of the roundtrip F fares. Is there anything that prevents me (because I have so many of these coupons around, and this is one of the few times I'll not be flying on a QSTL) from booking it as two one-way tickets and using two coupons, saving an extra $100 off buying it r/t?
Yes, you are permitted to use your Privilege Pack dollars-off coupon on a roundtrip where two or more one-way fares are combined (including First/BusinessFirst class fares). There are a couple important terms to remember when doing this:
- Travel must be roundtrip, and include a Saturday night stay, even if the fare you're on doesn't require it
- If the fare you're on is refundable, you may still get a refund for the amount you paid, but you won't be eligible to get your coupon back
Hope this helps.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 6:14 pm

Programs: Continental, American Airlines, Alitalia, Iberia, Jetblue,Starwood Gold,Hilton Honors
Wondering

Just wondering if the pack orders have gone up since the (non) announcement of the discontinuance?

Maybe with some well placed messages/emails it will make a come back ( I hope)
Old Jul 26, 2006, 6:48 am

Programs: UA 2MM, Life UC, Global Entry (UK citizen)
Question

Newbie Question: Just HOW do you get a Prestige Pack?

(I couldn't find anything about it on continental.com.)

Edit: Thanks for the good info, Benjh. ^

Last edited by EMan; Jul 26, 2006 at 8:37 pm
Old Jul 26, 2006, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by EMan
Newbie Question: Just HOW do you get a Prestige Pack?

(I couldn't find anything about it on continental.com.)
Eman, you can't find anymore PP on co.com, you need to make a call.

Please refer to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575822 as it is already being discussed.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 8:27 pm

I ordered my Prestige Pass this morning and the 7,500 miles posted immediately. I can't wait to receive the packet in the mail and use the coupons. Thanks for keeping this thread alive and letting everyone know the great value the PP is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.