Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prestige Pack

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:20 am

Programs: Avis PP, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Read the whole thread, but couldn't find an answer - is it possible to use both $ off and a companion certificate on the same reservation? That is, book 2 tickets - get a discount on 1st one and get a second for $99...
I guess that's wishing too much
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:39 am

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
Originally Posted by dmitri
Read the whole thread, but couldn't find an answer - is it possible to use both $ off and a companion certificate on the same reservation? That is, book 2 tickets - get a discount on 1st one and get a second for $99...
I guess that's wishing too much
T&C of $off certificate (PPDE) says:
3. Certificate may not be used or combined with any other travel discount or Onepass Reward;....

Thus I guess the answer is no.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by PforPlatinum
T&C of $off certificate (PPDE) says:
3. Certificate may not be used or combined with any other travel discount or Onepass Reward;....

Thus I guess the answer is no.
The dollars-off cert should be OK to use on NW flights that are sold and ticketed as NW. Things might have changed as of late, but TCVs and discounted travel certs were freely interchangeable between the carriers since the alliance began.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 1:35 am

Programs: CO OP Serf
Companion Fare

Hey-

Do any of you know if you get the same fare basis code with the companion fare cert as on the original ticket? Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 8:01 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by thenewflesh
Hey-

Do any of you know if you get the same fare basis code with the companion fare cert as on the original ticket? Thanks.
I did. When I booked it (last year, paper coupon), the PNR had both at the same code, same price. The coupon applied as payment/discount off the original fare.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by landspeed
This certificate may be transferred to a person with the same surname, maiden name or home address as the member.... Identification or address proof will be required if surname differs from the member's....
Is this still valid concerning the transferability of the certificates?

I'm thinking of buying a pack for the points and, then, giving the certificates to my father, who is far more likely to use them.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 1:29 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
I do not see this is very valuable anymore

The Executive Pack (valued at up to $500) for only $95.95.

5,000 bonus miles
One $99 round-trip companion certificate*
Two one-visit Presidents Club passes
Hertz - one car-class upgrade on a qualifying Leisure Rate rental of two or more days
And much more

I paid $49.95 for this Ex Pk and got in addition to the above it included a leather doc holder which I still use and 4 SA upgrade certs which I also used. I would not buy this thing today. I think I got mine in 1999.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by sanFF
The Executive Pack (valued at up to $500) for only $95.95.
That's why we don't buy it, and we don't mention it here. We're only interested in the Prestige Pack, which has real value in it.
Old Apr 8, 2006, 3:44 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
What are the t&c of the companion cert? Is there a minimum fare amount/particular fare bucket that has to be used? Thanks.
Old Apr 8, 2006, 9:52 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
What are the t&c of the companion cert? Is there a minimum fare amount/particular fare bucket that has to be used? Thanks.

I didn't get to use the companion ticket this year because they said you have to fly by the time the certificate expiration date. I called though about the fare bucket. I asked if I bought a first class ticket, could I get another first class ticket for $99.00. The agent looked into it and gave me a answer of "yes". Anyone hear different? I'm going to buy the prestige pack again but I think I'll wait till June so that I have a bit of next summer to use the certificate.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Doing a search at the CO website for "Prestige Pack" reveals only this information about it:
The Prestige Pack (valued at up to $1,500) for only $135.95.
  • 7,500 bonus miles
  • One $99 round-trip companion certificate*
  • Discount certificate - save up to $100 on a Continental round-trip ticket
  • Two one-visit Presidents Club passes and waiver of new-member initiation fee
  • And much more
No matter which package you prefer, a Privilege Pack is a smart way to get even more value out of your OnePass membership. Don't miss this opportunity to take advantage of the special benefits that Privilege Packs have to offer.

To purchase, call 713-952-1630.

Terms & Conditions:

Members may only purchase one Privilege Pack every 12 months.

* Valid with any published adult Economy Class fare within or between the 48 contiguous U.S., Alaska and Canada (Saturday-night required).
http://www.continental.com/onepass/news/default.asp

Click on "All" offers tab at right. Scroll close to bottom for Privilege Packs offer posted 1 March 2005.

Note that the online T & C of the Executive Pack and Prestige Pack only mentions companion coach tickets. It would certainly be more fair if they listed the T & C of the companion certificate and discount certificate at the same location.

The North American restriction to the companion certificate also limits its utility in Micronesia.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Apr 9, 2006 at 12:06 am
Old Apr 9, 2006, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by traveler4ever
I didn't get to use the companion ticket this year because they said you have to fly by the time the certificate expiration date. I called though about the fare bucket. I asked if I bought a first class ticket, could I get another first class ticket for $99.00. The agent looked into it and gave me a answer of "yes". Anyone hear different? I'm going to buy the prestige pack again but I think I'll wait till June so that I have a bit of next summer to use the certificate.
Unless things have changed (probably haven't), the $99 companion fare is "Valid for one roundtrip Economy Class Companion ticket...within or between mainland US, Alaska and Canada...with the purchase of an eligible published adult Economy Class fare. [/snip: as stated on the front of the cert.]
Old Apr 10, 2006, 7:54 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by knit-in
Unless things have changed (probably haven't), the $99 companion fare is "Valid for one roundtrip Economy Class Companion ticket...within or between mainland US, Alaska and Canada...with the purchase of an eligible published adult Economy Class fare. [/snip: as stated on the front of the cert.]
Yeah, you're right. I remember now. I called to ask about the $25/$50/$100. certificate. They said you could use that certificate on a first class ticket. Sorry for the error...
Old May 22, 2006, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH, Marriott
How long does it take to get the pack in the mail? I got the miles instantly, but have been waiting for the uber-leather-wallet and certificates.
Old May 22, 2006, 1:19 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
Originally Posted by nemloc
How long does it take to get the pack in the mail? I got the miles instantly, but have been waiting for the uber-leather-wallet and certificates.
I purchased one for my son on 5/3. Package arrived early last week - so it took about 2 weeks by USPS. (I live in Houston area)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.