Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Final Continental Airlines Flights on March 2 and March 3 (CO 6)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Final Continental Airlines Flights on March 2 and March 3 (CO 6)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Does this mean that as of March 3, crews can be mixed and matched? (Have they come to a unified list for the pilots and FAs?)
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Does this mean that as of March 3, crews can be mixed and matched? (Have they come to a unified list for the pilots and FAs?)
No! My crystal ball says that won't being happening for a while. sCO crews can only work sCO and sUA can only work UA. Look at US Airways as to how long it can take before integration of crews. They still haven't integrated!!!! And its been how long now!?!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Deleted.

Last edited by rkkwan; Feb 27, 2012 at 7:44 pm
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CO777DAL
No! My crystal ball says that won't being happening for a while. sCO crews can only work sCO and sUA can only work UA. Look at US Airways as to how long it can take before integration of crews. They still haven't integrated!!!! And its been how long now!?!
Just curious, what does the "s" stand for in sCO and sUA?

Also, what if they do more route changes? (Perhaps swap a 3-cabin on EWR-TLV for the current 2-cabin for example.) The flight is still operated by United Airlines. Nothing changes. Does that still require a PMUA flight crew?
(As in, is it based on whether the plane is PMUA or PMCO, and that determines whether it's a PMUA or PMCO crew?)
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:43 pm

Also, what if they do more route changes? (Perhaps swap a 3-cabin on EWR-TLV for the current 2-cabin for example.) The flight is still operated by United Airlines. Nothing changes. Does that still require a PMUA flight crew?
(As in, is it based on whether the plane is PMUA or PMCO, and that determines whether it's a PMUA or PMCO crew?)
s = Subsidary

As for your other question if EWR-TLV were to swap for a 3-cabin sUA aircraft, then it will be flown with sUA crews. Just like when the major aircraft route/swaps take place in april, you'll be seeing alot of sCO FAs working sUA routes, and sUA FAs working sCO routes. For example when sCO aircraft start flying lets say ORD-SEA those will be flown with sCO FA's just like when an sUA metal starts flying EWR-SEA those will be flown with sUA FAs. It will be a long time before you see sCO crews working sUA metal flights, and sUA crews working sCO metal flights.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

Subsidiary Continental Airlines & Subsidiary United Airlines. (sCO & sUA)
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:57 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta Gold, Cathay Pacific Diamond, SPG plat.
I just booked this flight just for this reason. Flying into PHX and returning on the 11:59pm flight on the 2nd. Thanks for the memories Continental.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
s = Subsidary

As for your other question if EWR-TLV were to swap for a 3-cabin sUA aircraft, then it will be flown with sUA crews. Just like when the major aircraft route/swaps take place in april, you'll be seeing alot of sCO FAs working sUA routes, and sUA FAs working sCO routes. For example when sCO aircraft start flying lets say ORD-SEA those will be flown with sCO FA's just like when an sUA metal starts flying EWR-SEA those will be flown with sUA FAs. It will be a long time before you see sCO crews working sUA metal flights, and sUA crews working sCO metal flights.
That could really lead to a lot of layoffs if the moved mostly Airbuses into IAH, right? They'd no longer need the 737 crews based out of IAH, and they'd need Airbus folks there. Seems like the crews would need to work this out before furloughs or be forced to commute?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
That could really lead to a lot of layoffs if the moved mostly Airbuses into IAH, right? They'd no longer need the 737 crews based out of IAH, and they'd need Airbus folks there. Seems like the crews would need to work this out before furloughs or be forced to commute?
Actually on the sCO side, we are opening 737 pilot bases in ORD, SFO and DEN. As for F/As we will still be flying on our legacy aircraft, just have rather bizarre trip pairings. For example now an IAH base F/A may fly IAH-LAX-IAH in 1 day and be done, bu with the aircraft being moved around this IAH crew may do something like IAH-LAX-ORD layover ORD-IAD-LAX-IAH etc or something similar. I fly out of the NTA (Newark International base) and we have the AMS 6 day and the CDG 6 day.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Actually on the sCO side, we are opening 737 pilot bases in ORD, SFO and DEN. As for F/As we will still be flying on our legacy aircraft, just have rather bizarre trip pairings. For example now an IAH base F/A may fly IAH-LAX-IAH in 1 day and be done, bu with the aircraft being moved around this IAH crew may do something like IAH-LAX-ORD layover ORD-IAD-LAX-IAH etc or something similar. I fly out of the NTA (Newark International base) and we have the AMS 6 day and the CDG 6 day.
Ah very interesting, thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I snuck into CO following the EA implosion and pickup by the OP program. I clearly remember my last EA flight, which included an hour wait for my luggage in FLL as a result of a ground staff work slowdown (bad move - everyone was cursing the staff, not management). I still remember my first UM flight on EA at 6 years old (many, many years ago), so I had a long, wonderful history with them, clouded by the last couple lousy years.

My last CO flight on the other hand (which I've already taken) included a hug and thank you from an FA. Very poignant moment, and now I'm looking (optimistically) to the future, focusing on great CO memories but with the belief that there are still great experiences to come.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K

Will there also be CO FA bases in the legacy UA hubs? If not, that could be really problematic in swap or IRROPS situations.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rkkwan
CO134 HNL-DEN departs at 11:21p Hawaiian time. It's hours AFTER the PHX flight.
I believe that flight is scheduled to depart several hours earlier than normal on this particular day. :-:
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Originally Posted by rkkwan
CO134 HNL-DEN departs at 11:21p Hawaiian time. It's hours AFTER the PHX flight.
I believe that flight is scheduled to depart several hours earlier than normal on this particular day. :-:
Or at that time they expect to be in a single system if it does not depart earlier.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just so I understand correctly, will there be any major change between CO flights on March 2 and March 3? There will still be CO routes, operated by sCO planes with sCO crews, and they've already aligned so much, that I don't see how much more the product will change.. (I only eat SPMLs, so even the food isn't a change for me)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.