Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Final Continental Airlines Flights on March 2 and March 3 (CO 6)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Final Continental Airlines Flights on March 2 and March 3 (CO 6)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by joshwex90
They may have a lot of cr*p to deal with, but the IT job is quite hard and extremely stressful.
I've worked as a Gate AAgent and now in IT.
There's no comparison. I think the most stressful thing in IT when there's issues is convincing management that the only way to find the bug and get it fixed is to let us off the phone. Their #1 priority is usually more creating spreadsheets showing how many customers impacted, broken down by market/$$$ involved/every sub-demographic imaginable.

Back on topic...
I'll be on CO1267 tonight PHX-CLE (the last CO departure as defined by UA Insider)

Steve
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by steve64
They may have a lot of cr*p to deal with, but the IT job is quite hard and extremely stressful.
I've worked as a Gate AAgent and now in IT.
There's no comparison. I think the most stressful thing in IT when there's issues is convincing management that the only way to find the bug and get it fixed is to let us off the phone. Their #1 priority is usually more creating spreadsheets showing how many customers impacted, broken down by market/$$$ involved/every sub-demographic imaginable.

Back on topic...
I'll be on CO1267 tonight PHX-CLE (the last CO departure as defined by UA Insider)

Steve
Thanks! Have a good flight ad thanks for your service!
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA1K
have a safe flight!

tomorrow should be interesting. we not have a much bigger family (i'm a UA guy). ^
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was the last passenger to board a Continental flight. Lots of fun in PHX last night. The crew really got into it by the end. I have some great pictures that I'll get uploaded eventually, including me in the cockpit with the pilot.

Amazing what a few snack baggies of chocolate can do for people's attitude.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:17 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
I was the last passenger to board a Continental flight. Lots of fun in PHX last night. The crew really got into it by the end. I have some great pictures that I'll get uploaded eventually, including me in the cockpit with the pilot.

Have you confirmed there were no delayed boardings around the system?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA

You going to post here or create a separate thread? How was the flight?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:07 am

You going to post here or create a separate thread? How was the flight?
Quick trip report is online now: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...assenger-ever/.

It was this sort of awesome:
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:28 am

Quick trip report is online now: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...assenger-ever/.

So freaking cool! Great blog post

And yes, 3 hour redeyes are the devil Did a LAX-IAH redeye after IST-ORD-LAX in Y ^
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton, Mrt., PC, Hertz

Thank you so much for the effort and the pics!! And yes, very sad and exciting at the same time. I think PSS UA is a success. Thanks to everyone who is hard at work!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skyemema
Thank you so much for the effort and the pics!! And yes, very sad and exciting at the same time. I think PSS UA is a success. Thanks to everyone who is hard at work!
Hello,

I would like to share the final Continental Airlines landing pictures, as this was the very last Continental Airlines flight to land in the whole entire world. It was bittersweet. My picutures have been around the news stations in Houston and even up to Dallas!

If you would like to use them, please contact me first!

Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6894525...7629139901570/
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by UA767400
Hello,

I would like to share the final Continental Airlines landing pictures, as this was the very last Continental Airlines flight to land in the whole entire world. It was bittersweet. My picutures have been around the news stations in Houston and even up to Dallas!

Thanks

It kinda takes something away that the plane in the final landing already says "United."
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomA
Hello,

Thanks

It kinda takes something away that the plane in the final landing already says "United."
It does. I was interviewed by a Houston news station and they pointed that out. However, it was still a operated continental flight.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:39 pm

However, it was still a operated continental flight.
Only sortof. The official designation in the FAA and most other systems was UA, too. The part that was CO was marketing, really. Doesn't make it any less cool, but the "end" has been staged for many weeks now.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA

Of course you would end up in the cockpit And of course you, of all people, would have the staff come to you to specifically say you're boarding last

But you look comfy in that shirt! Thanks for sharing!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Only sort of. The official designation in the FAA and most other systems was UA, too. The part that was CO was marketing, really. Doesn't make it any less cool, but the "end" has been staged for many weeks now.
It was a Continental Airlines operated flight, and that is a fact. It was not done for marketing. Enough people sent message to UA to get them to do the water cannon salute. This flight took off four minutes before the PHX flight.

also, you are wrong. The end of this flight has not been staged. They were not planning to do the water cannon salute until 2AM yesterday.

SOURCES: Friends that work for UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.