Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Final Continental Airlines Flights on March 2 and March 3 (CO 6)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Final Continental Airlines Flights on March 2 and March 3 (CO 6)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by UA767400
Thanks! Well it is still really good to be on that flight as that will be the final time that Continental airlines wheels will leave the earths ground and

I hope you have a great flight!
Oops! Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. I WON'T be on the final CO departure PHX-CLE either; I was just saying that of the two flights, (PHX-CLE and NRT-IAH), NRT-IAH is much more exciting. YMMV

Last edited by jetsetr; Feb 26, 2012 at 8:22 pm Reason: corrected city pairs
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jetsetr
Thanks! Well it is still really good to be on that flight as that will be the final time that Continental airlines wheels will leave the earths ground and

I hope you have a great flight!
Oops! Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. I WON't be on the final CO departure PHX-CLE either; I was just saying that of the two flights, (PHX-CLE and NRT-EWR), NRT-EWR is much more exciting. YMMV
O ok. I think you met IAH right instead of EWR
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

final Continental airlines flights on March 2 and March 3

Final departure PHX-CLE FLIGHT???

Final continental airlines landing flight 6 landing at IAH on march 3.

Please share any info about these flights such as if you will be on them or memories about Continental.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:57 pm

Final Departure CO1257 PHXCLE
Final Arrival CO6 NRTIAH

I'll share some of my memories of CO. I've been part of the CO family since I was about 6 months old, many of family members have been CO throughout the years, from FAs, ground crew, Reservations, Airport Ticket counters, Chelsea Catering, Mechanics etc. Mom has been a CO FA since 1987, I've been with CO since 2005, uncle has been a mechanic since 87, cousins have been FA's since 92, 96, 97 & 98. Aunt was previously an HNL based F/A before transferring to IAH after the HNL shut down. I have family members based in EWR, IAH, and GUM. It's going to be a sad day in history when the final departure and final arrival carrying the CO code occurs. I have many fond memories of CO, and while I'm excited to be part of the new UA, I am rather sad that CO is going away. CO has treated me good over the years, and I'm hoping for the same from the new UA.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Final Arrival CO6 NRTIAH

I'll share some of my memories of CO. I've been part of the CO family since I was about 6 months old, many of family members have been CO throughout the years, from FAs, ground crew, Reservations, Airport Ticket counters, Chelsea Catering, Mechanics etc. Mom has been a CO FA since 1987, I've been with CO since 2005, uncle has been a mechanic since 87, cousins have been FA's since 92, 96, 97 & 98. Aunt was previously an HNL based F/A before transferring to IAH after the HNL shut down. I have family members based in EWR, IAH, and GUM. It's going to be a sad day in history when the final departure and final arrival carrying the CO code occurs. I have many fond memories of CO, and while I'm excited to be part of the new UA, I am rather sad that CO is going away. CO has treated me good over the years, and I'm hoping for the same from the new UA.
I think I'm going to list for the PHX-CLE flight... just to say I did it.

Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
Final departure PHX-CLE FLIGHT???

Final continental airlines landing flight 6 landing at IAH on march 3.

Please share any info about these flights such as if you will be on them or memories about Continental.
Nice to see you starting over!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! Also thanks for sharing the story!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:28 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Final Arrival CO6 NRTIAH

Not trying to start UA vs. CO debate, but CO is really only going to be gone by name as the CEO has been running the "new" UA CO-style.

LAX
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAX
Final Arrival CO6 NRTIAH

Not trying to start UA vs. CO debate, but CO is really only going to be gone by name as the CEO has been running the "new" UA CO-style.

LAX
We are not going to debate this as you said... The facts you pointed out are not 100% true. I am aging to ask that nobody brings up this subject. We are just discussing are happy memories with Co and the final flights.

Thank you for your cooperation
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by LAX

LAX
Much has changed for everyone, both on the UA and CO side.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:46 pm

First ever plane ride was on Continental (EWR-BWI) in 2004. Only flew CO since then until last year when UA/VX/B6 got into the mix.

My final Continental flight will be on March 2nd (EWR-SFO).

CO was always good to me in the past (although not so much lately -- but that's for a different thread). Good bye CO!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Much has changed for everybody. I agree. It is tough to please everybody...ok

I really want to thank everybody at Co for providing me the best 16 years of air transportation! It is because of employees like you guys that always made me want to always fly Continental. Even in some of the toughest situations like bags put on wrong plane as well as a mx delay, you handled everything professionally and I thank you for that! I wish you all the best at the New United. You will not be forgotten!

Last edited by UA767400; Feb 26, 2012 at 9:53 pm
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:54 pm
Suspended

First CO flight was circa 1987 D10 EWR-ORY in F. A very nice experience. Also flew on the 742 EWR-LAX-HNL-SYD and BNE-HNL-LAX-EWR if I remember coming back up on a D10. I also remember flying one of the 'pub' configuration D10s to Hawaii but at the time they were no longer using the bar. I also in college flew PE and NYAir, which became part of the CO family. It's airline tree has some of the best stories in the business.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:01 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

As a data point, CO 1 also shows as UA 1 on flightstats.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dayone
As a data point, CO 1 also shows as UA 1 on flightstats.
They have the same flight number as the FAA sees then as a single carrier, but within Ua the flight is operated by co because of who's aircraft as well a the different reservation systems. But on march 3 all flights will be UA and UA alone except flight 6 as it is the last co operated flight to land

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.