Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Old Continental...new United, equals same old treatment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

I write this as im at minute 58 of a call to One Pass regarding benefits as well as owed mileage.....I think she went to a coffee break....I have been booking tickets at continental.com for the past years expecting my 500 bonus miles for booking at continental.com to appear in my account before the merger, I am now being told thats an old promotion and I will not get them in spite of this still being active on the website, so much for those thousands of unpaid bonus miles for booking... another sore point, Premier membership has been cheapened to the point of a junk stock, other than a free checked bag, the choice at an upgrade after all those new levels they have added to the program get their chance and maybe just maybe an econ plus seat if its left over......shame on you United!!!!!!! Its my sincere hope that one of the other carriers will court the disinfranchised United Premiers and make them feel welcome and we can vote with our feet!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Where do you see this being a valid current offer? It's not showing on this page for me:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...s/airline.aspx

If you do a Google search it does find an old page from co.com that refers to the offer - is that what you're using as the basis for your argument? http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...promoCode=A376

It certainly isn't something that is currently offered - you may want to save yourself any more time on hold. Other than that I'm not clear on what your complaint is.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
They haven't done the 500 miles booking award on co.com for YEARS.
And it's not like they hid it or kept it a secret.
Seriously- YEARS.

As far as elite tiers, we went from four with CO (Siler, Gold, Plat, Pres Plat) to four with UA (2P, 1P, 1K, GS).

Don't get me wrong- there's a lot to be unhappy about with the merger, in my opinion.
But neither of your complaints make any sense at all.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
The long wait/hold times are a sCO issue... sUA is still answering phones promptly.

Hopefully the sUA service will live on when they merge in a week and a half.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP's complaint doesn't make sense. Needs to break down each specific rant into a clear sentence.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by mduell
The long wait/hold times are a sCO issue... sUA is still answering phones promptly.

Hopefully the sUA service will live on when they merge in a week and a half.
What is the "s" in sUA?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
What is the "s" in sUA?
Subsidiary. sCO and sUA are subsidiaries of UCH.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:18 pm
Suspended

[QUOTE=FLYMSY;18064509]What is the "s" in sUA?[/QUOTE

This is why I'm very very suspicious of most of the posters on this site. These are all internal monikers within UA and CO. The only people who would know the sCO and SUA designations would be internal employees, former employees, or people directly involved in merger activities.

I mean come on. We have "claimed" 1K passengers who know more about the RES entries in SHARES but claim to just being a customer. There's no way they're just passengers. No way.

So be very leery of who's posting on here. The vast majority negative 'experts' are way too knowledgeable (without actually being objective) to what's happening to not be close to the merger.

And you know who you are....I really wish current employees and former UA employees would quit crapping on virtually every post about how much better UA did things.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by wpr8e
I mean come on. We have "claimed" 1K passengers who know more about the RES entries in SHARES but claim to just being a customer. There's no way they're just passengers. No way.
You don't fly much, do you? I'm a UA 1K and AA EXP who has seen the screens for all three systems (UA, CO, and AA) and talked to scores of employees. It turns out, it's pretty easy to find things out if you're good at making small talk. (No, I don't work for any airline.)

And you know who you are....I really wish current employees and former UA employees would quit crapping on virtually every post about how much better UA did things.
That's a good one.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
You don't fly much, do you? I'm a UA 1K and AA EXP who has seen the screens for all three systems (UA, CO, and AA) and talked to scores of employees. It turns out, it's pretty easy to find things out if you're good at making small talk. (No, I don't work for any airline.)
Well if guess GS and 150k BIS last year doesn't count as flying much.

You look at screens? Seriously? I never once gone around the desk, and even when I've looked over a shoulder of an agent, there's no way to know a lay person would ever know what they were seeing, or know the entries, to be of any value.

Front line employees information is about as useful as a Ouiji Board.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the "s" in sUA?
This is why I'm very very suspicious of most of the posters on this site. These are all internal monikers within UA and CO. The only people who would know the sCO and SUA designations would be internal employees, former employees, or people directly involved in merger activities.
Most of the forum used PMCO/PMUA initially but when I saw posters (openly staff or not) using sCO/sUA it made more sense.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:30 am

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
[QUOTE=wpr8e;18065030]
What is the "s" in sUA?[/QUOTE

So be very leery of who's posting on here. The vast majority negative 'experts' are way too knowledgeable (without actually being objective) to what's happening to not be close to the merger.

Put down the weed, dude, the paranoia is getting to you!
Many of us- myself included- know what sUA and sCO mean, though I interchange them with PMCO and PMUA just as often.
And after all the Star DO's that Continental invited everyone (except me, a lowly gold) to, LOTS of people know LOTS of things.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
+1 - The use of the "s" prefix is common for subsidiaries of holding companies. Doesn't signify an insider by any strech of the imagination.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
It's okay - let the tinfoil GS continue thread-baiting and calling us all Insiders. It's like the 2MM flier next to me
who was amazed that I knew where he was on the upgrade list since I could pull up the upgrade list on my smartphone....
I mean my company-issued SHARES device.

And then insisting to me that the 753 we were on was "sUA" since it didn't have AVOD. Even though I pointed out there was no E+.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:58 am

[QUOTE=wpr8e;18065030]
What is the "s" in sUA?[/QUOTE

Thanks for NOT answering my question and going on a rant that had nothing to do with my simple request for information.
I cannot understand why you quoted my post and, believe me, I now know which posters to "be very leery of".

Thanks to mduell for giving a straight answer to my question.

Last edited by FLYMSY; Feb 24, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.