Community
Wiki Posts
Search

End-of-year EQM: 99901. What to do???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:15 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by keirnna
So 1k EQM miles on CO and 24k on UA results in UA Premier(or whatever they're changing it to) for 2012?
yes, that would qualify for Premier Silver
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, Kenn Borek Lifetime, PC-Plat, Hyatt-Plat, Hooters: 79
No Bumps??

Just curious... but if you're under 100 miles to the next level, will CO/UA bump you up to the next level out of courtesy? Granted it was a few years back with CO, but I have had more than one year I was a Gold or Plat and under 500 miles away from keeping status and they gave it to me. I would expect they are becoming more strict considering this topic. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks to everyone for the info on getting the miles. I may be a bit short this year myself!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, QR Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya
The EQM and RDM combined is 13 cpm.

Doesn't matter class - just cancel within 24 hours. Any fare class is fine if you do that. People recommend fully refundable just to be safe, or if you're new here, but doesn't need to be.
Thanks! Will try this towards the end of the year...

Will be very happy to finally reach 1K!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Werckmeister
Thanks! Will try this towards the end of the year...

Will be very happy to finally reach 1K!
Prices will only rise from now till year-end. Why would you wait?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Because my ticket to Helsinki is still not booked yet... I'm waiting for the people who invite me to book my tickets first, to guarantee I have the right booking class to get to 99901 miles.

But do prices rise that much for EQM buying?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold

But do prices rise that much for EQM buying?
Yes.

iirc it got to around $0.30/EQM right at year end last year ...or something like that.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:46 am
Original Poster

I see - thanks a lot for the warning! But I just thought of another way that I can maybe reach 100,000 EQM.

I'm flying LH from TXL-FRA, then connect to FRA-BKK. TXL-FRA is L-class, while FRA-BKK is V-class. Both of these flights though are not on the same ticket, so when I check in at CDG I'll have to link them and ask LH to check my flights through.

As per on United's Earn miles page, L-class is supposedly eligible for miles if connecting to a transcon flight, which my FRA-BKK should be eligible for. That then would give me the 500 extra miles I need! My only worry is whether LH will credit my miles correctly, since the two flights were bought separately...

Last edited by Werckmeister; Nov 29, 2011 at 10:22 am Reason: Should be TXL instead of CDG
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by heffe76
Just curious... but if you're under 100 miles to the next level, will CO/UA bump you up to the next level out of courtesy? Granted it was a few years back with CO, but I have had more than one year I was a Gold or Plat and under 500 miles away from keeping status and they gave it to me. I would expect they are becoming more strict considering this topic. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks to everyone for the info on getting the miles. I may be a bit short this year myself!
There have been no recent reports, as far as I'm aware. This was done in previous years with UA, but I wouldn't chance it if you're that close. Spend a few extra bucks to ensure your status.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:22 am

So I just did the Elite-maximizer for 500 miles at the cost of $65. I now have 500 miles EQM miles in my CO account and 24,971 in my UA account, how on earth do I get this to combine to give me premier? I have my accounts linked.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:25 am

I'm flying LH from TXL-FRA, then connect to FRA-BKK. TXL-FRA is L-class, while FRA-BKK is V-class. Both of these flights though are not on the same ticket, so when I check in at CDG I'll have to link them and ask LH to check my flights through.

As per on United's Earn miles page, L-class is supposedly eligible for miles if connecting to a transcon flight, which my FRA-BKK should be eligible for. That then would give me the 500 extra miles I need! My only worry is whether LH will credit my miles correctly, since the two flights were bought separately...
This will not work. There is no way to 'link' these tickets to make L class bought on a separate ticket count as if bought on a connection.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:37 am

So I just did the Elite-maximizer for 500 miles at the cost of $65. I now have 500 miles EQM miles in my CO account and 24,971 in my UA account, how on earth do I get this to combine to give me premier? I have my accounts linked.
Your elite status will not be official until after Dec 31 when your UA account is combined with your CO account and the total 2011 EQM is calculated to determine status. Until that point they are separate entities. The purpose for the account linking is to make it easier for the combination to happen, give customers the perk of status matching, and the ability to transfer miles back and forth for rewards.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry

Yes generally if you're that close they will give you the status although they don't publish the "grace" criteria for doing so. 100 miles... I'd say definite. However they will not award any CR1's unless you cross the applicable EQM line. I once missed out on two quarterly CR1's because I was 10 EQM's shy of my 10,000 per quarter. I called to plead and was denied.

It will happen automatically soon...

Your elite status will not be official until after Dec 31 when your UA account is combined with your CO account and the total 2011 EQM is calculated to determine status. Until that point they are separate entities. The purpose for the account linking is to make it easier for the combination to happen, give customers the perk of status matching, and the ability to transfer miles back and forth for rewards.
Actually that's not correct. They are monitoring combined EQM activity throughout the year for linked accounts and keirnna will get Silver status very soon on both accounts...next time they do a "sweep"...generally happens weekly.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Actually that's not correct. They are monitoring combined EQM activity throughout the year for linked accounts and keirnna will get Silver status very soon on both accounts...next time they do a "sweep"...generally happens weekly.
Well that's downright cool of them. Thanks for the correction.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:51 pm

Programs: One or two :)
Should UA silver status automatically be granted for 2011 if opening up a new MP account and linked my current OP Silver account to it?
I have been waiting for 3 weeks and still no update

I may have to be patient and wait for 2012 as I qualified for Silver again. But would be good for an upcoming flight.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by COIAHLGW
Should UA silver status automatically be granted for 2011 if opening up a new MP account and linked my current OP Silver account to it? ...
yes -- seems to be running 7-10 days

Originally Posted by COIAHLGW
... I have been waiting for 3 weeks and still no update .....
probably time to call 2-3 weeks is long enough to wait

Have you attempted to do it online a second time? what does it report?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.