Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental Original Flight Credit - weather (rebooked on UA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite

Searched but only found the UA thread so apologize...

I was in Seattle this weekend with a return on Sunday: SEA-IAH-BOS. Flight was cancelled from SEA-IAH due to weather. I was rebooked on beatdown UA metal middle seats SEA-DEN-BOS flights therefore losing the extra EQMs (hence why originally booked).

I figured since weather related would receive the original mileage credit from CO credited to my OP account but instead I see that the rebooked flights posted. I called OP and they said the OMC should post but in reading I see this per CO.com:

"When you are ticketed in advance and your flight is cancelled on the day of departure, we may re-accommodate you on another flight. If you are re-accommodated on Continental Airlines or a OnePass airline partner, you will receive mileage credit for the new flight(s) only."

Am I SOL or should I call OP again? Funny thing is I was traveling with a buddy and he was actually rebooked on earlier flights. I asked to be put on his earlier flights and in checking the receipt it showed I would have been rebooked into F via SEA-ORD-BOS if I had kept what the computer rebooked me on doh!!!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
The agent was correct. If you'd been booked on a non-CO partner then you could have claimed credit for your original routing.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by star_world
The agent was correct. If you'd been booked on a non-CO partner then you could have claimed credit for your original routing.
OP was probably asking because if crediting to MP and you are INVOL rerouted even on UA or CO metal, you can request ORC.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:14 pm

I believe the policy is in case of weather you get what is actually flown and in case of maintenance or schedule change you get original routing credit.

Need somebody that really knows to back me up though.

Also, why was your SEA-IAH cancelled due to weather? No incoming aircraft?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Exactly the 739 was supposed to come from EWR but due to the storm on Sat night it probably never made it.

Ahhh I see...damn I used my OnePass account for this trip since all flights were originally CO metal and due to the upgrade clearing window. Don't know if I have any recourse now since the flights already posted.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Sterndogg
Exactly the 739 was supposed to come from EWR but due to the storm on Sat night it probably never made it.

Ahhh I see...damn I used my OnePass account for this trip since all flights were originally CO metal and due to the upgrade clearing window. Don't know if I have any recourse now since the flights already posted.
I know people have had success with international flights crediting to different accounts. It involved sending the credit back to the carrier and then crediting to a different program.

This is due to CO and UA having different earnings on different fare buckets.

Maybe you can do something similar here? Call the Onepass Service Center and say that you accidentally credited to your CO and you meant to credit to UA. Then call for original routing credit once they have re-cleared on UA ^
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by wcalvert
I know people have had success with international flights crediting to different accounts. It involved sending the credit back to the carrier and then crediting to a different program.

This is due to CO and UA having different earnings on different fare buckets.

Maybe you can do something similar here? Call the Onepass Service Center and say that you accidentally credited to your CO and you meant to credit to UA. Then call for original routing credit once they have re-cleared on UA ^

Is there a chance you were rebooked in Y class, if so, the bonus miles would make up for the shorter route, no?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by kwildnj
Is there a chance you were rebooked in Y class, if so, the bonus miles would make up for the shorter route, no?
wat
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by wcalvert
wat
Uhhh. Im assuming you want the original routing credit.because it would yeild you more miles, no?

Usually, at least in my experience, when rebooked due ti IRROPS, I have been rebooked in Y class, and recieve the bonus 50%.

My point was that SEA-IAH-BOS not booked in Y could be the same amount of miles as SEA-DEN-BOS in Y.

And by Y I mean fare class not Y as in Coach.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by kwildnj
Uhhh. Im assuming you want the original routing credit.because it would yeild you more miles, no?

Usually, at least in my experience, when rebooked due ti IRROPS, I have been rebooked in Y class, and recieve the bonus 50%.

My point was that SEA-IAH-BOS not booked in Y could be the same amount of miles as SEA-DEN-BOS in Y.

And by Y I mean fare class not Y as in Coach.
A) I'm not the OP.
B) He didn't get the higher mileage, that is why he was asking for original routing credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.