FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Continental Original Flight Credit - weather (rebooked on UA)
Old Nov 1, 2011, 2:30 pm
Sterndogg

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Continental Original Flight Credit - weather (rebooked on UA)

Searched but only found the UA thread so apologize...

I was in Seattle this weekend with a return on Sunday: SEA-IAH-BOS. Flight was cancelled from SEA-IAH due to weather. I was rebooked on beatdown UA metal middle seats SEA-DEN-BOS flights therefore losing the extra EQMs (hence why originally booked).

I figured since weather related would receive the original mileage credit from CO credited to my OP account but instead I see that the rebooked flights posted. I called OP and they said the OMC should post but in reading I see this per CO.com:

"When you are ticketed in advance and your flight is cancelled on the day of departure, we may re-accommodate you on another flight. If you are re-accommodated on Continental Airlines or a OnePass airline partner, you will receive mileage credit for the new flight(s) only."

Am I SOL or should I call OP again? Funny thing is I was traveling with a buddy and he was actually rebooked on earlier flights. I asked to be put on his earlier flights and in checking the receipt it showed I would have been rebooked into F via SEA-ORD-BOS if I had kept what the computer rebooked me on doh!!!