Community
Wiki Posts
Search

...And it begins...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Inch it up 3-4" and you'll be good to go. All the FAs want to see is that they're not at their full extended amount. I do this every time and they're cool with it.
Thanks - I'll give it a shot next time. I've been snapped at enough times that I don't even try it anymore. Worse, when the FA's simply push it down without saying anything, which give a nice pinch to the neck.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: Too many
To the OP, everyone has their own opinion. I for one will gladly take UA's older 757 as they have E+. Then when the CO way of selling upgrades to non elites for tens of dollars happens at least I'm not in a crappy CO Y- seat. Also I'll take the UA regionals with E+ and F over the crappy CO ones on long routes. I don't know the exact stats but it seems to me that CO flys 50 seat regionals on many more long routes than UA flys the 50 seat RJ's. As for the agents both carriers have their good ones and bad ones. In my experience I've had many more good ones on UA then CO. Finally on a recent CO 739 I couldn't even fit my computer backpack under the F seat in front of me, 2B. So it's not just UA planes that have under seat stowage issues in F.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Vistana Chairman
no doubt co.com has some functionality benefits, but the more time I spend on it, the more I see it's not God's gift to airline websites like everyone makes it out to be (. . ., doesn't recognize EWR as part of NYC,
Wrong. If you place NYC in the "From" or "To" boxes, you will have both LGA and EWR returned as choices. I do it regularly and just checked it to be sure nothing had changed.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
Wrong. If you place NYC in the "From" or "To" boxes, you will have both LGA and EWR returned as choices. I do it regularly and just checked it to be sure nothing had changed.
and JFK
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by edcho
and JFK
Correct. UA-NYC, you may not be getting all the NYC airports unless you do an "advanced search" and change the number of flights shown from "default" to "50".
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by edcho
and JFK
Although CO doesn't currently serve JFK; however, UA does, of course.....
Old Jul 16, 2011, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Try an award search LHR-NYC and see what you come up with. IME you only get CO results if you use EWR.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 3:10 pm

Try an award search LHR-NYC and see what you come up with. IME you only get CO results if you use EWR.
You are correct. Award travel shows only JFK and LGA. I just signed on to the Preview Site and reported it as a bug.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
You are correct. Award travel shows only JFK and LGA. I just signed on to the Preview Site and reported it as a bug.
Might be intentional - EWR part of NYC if you want to buy a ticket, but hidden if you want to redeem miles for a free one
Old Jul 16, 2011, 4:25 pm

Yawn. I'll take the more aged UA A/C (and their far more comfortable Y (unarguable) and F (arguable) seats over the newer CO A/C anyday. Not even close. And feel free to keep making stereotypical arguments w/o any basis in fact. Let me guess - your last UA flying was 5+ years ago. Or you had a single bad flight this year and extrapolate to the whole airline. GMAB.

I have no issues with .bomb - no doubt co.com has some functionality benefits, but the more time I spend on it, the more I see it's not God's gift to airline websites like everyone makes it out to be (longer to post miles, doesn't recognize EWR as part of NYC, not getting outbound/return flights on same page, no instant ticketing, no fare buckets unless you're on the preview site, somehow not set up to get SWUs even though they've been able to deposit for a year now, etc.) Hopefully they can make a good website great by incoroporating .bomb features.

Also, you can thank the "inferior merger partner" for all those benefits you're now enjoying as a 100K+ CO Plat. You know, SWUs, RUs, and all that (which you'll get eventually). You could have done 1MM EQM/year on CO and you never would have received any of that until a year ago.

Fart. I'm sorry, you're right it's completely baseless, of my 110 flights this year only 24 have been on UA metal...my mistake...I'm sure they're perfect. Rah! Rah! Rah! UA placates elites with more legroom in Y...whoopie!
Old Jul 16, 2011, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Fart. I'm sorry, you're right it's completely baseless, of my 110 flights this year only 24 have been on UA metal...my mistake...I'm sure they're perfect. Rah! Rah! Rah! UA placates elites with more legroom in Y...whoopie!
Yeah who needs that extra legroom nonsense - CO Y is already perfect enough

Here's a thought - since you're so experienced on both carriers, instead of trotting out old (and wildly inaccurate) stereotypes, why not be productive and compare your two sets of metal experiences on:

- UG rates
- 1st meal choice received in F
- How many flights on time / severe delays
- IRROPS experiences
- Broken seat comparison (if any)

There you go
Old Jul 16, 2011, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by njcommodore
For the Y cabin, sure UA has the advantage with more E+ seats than CO's ELRs. Once CO adds E+ and gets the new seats I'm sure they'll have the advantage.
Except they'll still be stuck with those rock hard Koito seats. And DTV! For $6-8.

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Awful products and services with UA aircraft, horrendous UA customer service from front line employees that all appear to hate their jobs...yeah, a true merger of equals.
It's funny, both sides snipe at the weaknesses of the other merger partner to try to make them look worse. In reality what both sides are doing is recognizing that the other carrier was third rate before the merger and the combined carrier will continue to be third rate.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by mduell
Except they'll still be stuck with those rock hard Koito seats. And DTV! For $6-8.
I'm sorry, but I'd take $6-8 DTV over free shared TV. But of course I'm the same guy who likes AVOD in Y, so maybe my opinion doesn't really count.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
I'm sorry, but I'd take $6-8 DTV over free shared TV. But of course I'm the same guy who likes AVOD in Y, so maybe my opinion doesn't really count.

$6 - $8 DTV is uncompetitive so long as DL, B6, and VX are offering free TV in Y.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by channa
$6 - $8 DTV is uncompetitive so long as DL, B6, and VX are offering free TV in Y.
Still better then shared TV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.