Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Discount Certificate 09CHFS

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: AA : GOLD
Looks like with the merger lots of these restrictions are gone. And the max discount from a Hub has increased to $50. These are actually useful now.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...Conditions.pdf
Old May 10, 2012, 3:31 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by breaux124
Looks like with the merger lots of these restrictions are gone. And the max discount from a Hub has increased to $50. These are actually useful now.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...Conditions.pdf
"3. Certificate may not be used or combined with any other air travel certificate, MileagePlus reward, upgrade, or airfare. The
airline ticket issued in exchange for this certificate is non-transferable and non-endorsable."

Does this mean no CPU and no redeeming RPU or miles for upgrade on tickets that you buy using this cert?

That sucks...buy a $400+ for a ticket (if you're getting the $100 discount) and you can't even use a RPU?

Last edited by EsquireFlyer; May 10, 2012 at 4:10 pm
Old May 10, 2012, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
"3. Certificate may not be used or combined with any other air travel certificate, MileagePlus reward, upgrade, or airfare. The
airline ticket issued in exchange for this certificate is non-transferable and non-endorsable."

Does this mean no CPU and no redeeming RPU or miles for upgrade on tickets that you buy using this cert?

That sucks...buy a $400+ for a ticket (if you're getting the $100 discount) and you can't even use a RPU.
I used one last month and was CPU'd both directions.
Old May 19, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: CO Plat/UA 1K
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer

That sucks...buy a $400+ for a ticket (if you're getting the $100 discount) and you can't even use a RPU?

I was able to waitlist using an RPU, and both legs cleared exactly 1 month before the flights. It is a little complicated - I logged in and saw "Please call a united representative - an upgrade may be available", so I had to call, and the agent had to call around to figure out why it didn't automatically process, but she got it sorted out eventually. Total pain, but I was able to discount by $100 JFK-LAX and confirm RPUs both ways.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:39 am

Anyone have one of these? I was going to purchase a ticket using one this weekend but cannot locate mine. Do you know if these things are attached you your account? I remember loading in the two codes to price out some tickets and I wasn't sure if it was saved to your account once you loaded in the codes?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 4:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Anyone have one of these? I was going to purchase a ticket using one this weekend but cannot locate mine. Do you know if these things are attached you your account? I remember loading in the two codes to price out some tickets and I wasn't sure if it was saved to your account once you loaded in the codes?
there are not in your MP account and you need the unique code printed on the cert. Always a good idea to scan and save in your electronic files.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 2:39 pm

I have two of these that I will give to someone if they send me their address.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 8:11 pm

certificat inquiry

Originally Posted by chris_grr
I have two of these that I will give to someone if they send me their address.
If you still have them, please message me with them, if I cant use them, I will give them back by return message, thank you in any case.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:09 pm

Hi

If anyone has the discounts and will not use them - can you possibly PM and share?
I would greatly appreciate it
Thank you in advance
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:56 am

I just found 2 certs (from continental) that expire 06/30/2012. Will send them to someone who has been on FT for a while (don't want ppl signing up just to get these certs).
Old Jun 17, 2012, 3:34 am

Someone (on another forum) offered to sell me one of these for $20 but has a Jun 30th expiry.
Can anyone tell me if the expiry date on them is the booking date or the fly by date?

Thanks
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by firhill
Someone (on another forum) offered to sell me one of these for $20 but has a Jun 30th expiry.
Can anyone tell me if the expiry date on them is the booking date or the fly by date?

Thanks
both
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Someone (on another forum) offered to sell me one of these for $20 but has a Jun 30th expiry. ...
be careful given all the cert restrictions, this cert can have no value or max value of $20 if using EWR or IAH, no value for more discounted fares, only 48 States / Canada / Latin America / Caribbean , Saturday stay - no travel Friday/Sunday, .... lots of limitations -- just be sure you understand its value to you

Plus there the general risk of purchases certs online.

... Can anyone tell me if the expiry date on them is the booking date or the fly by date?

Thanks
cert states travel competition by expiration, unclear it is enforced.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, UA 1K, Alaska MVP, Caesars Diamond, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
be careful given all the cert restrictions, this cert can have no value or max value of $20 if using EWR or IAH, no value for more discounted fares, only 48 States / Canada / Latin America / Caribbean , Saturday stay - no travel Friday/Sunday, .... lots of limitations -- just be sure you understand its value to you

Plus there the general risk of purchases certs online.

cert states travel competition by expiration, unclear it is enforced.

The certs may say they have a bunch of restrictions, but I managed to get $50 off a Friday out Sunday return flight from EWR on a discount fare
Old Jun 18, 2012, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by lexi123
The certs may say they have a bunch of restrictions, but I managed to get $50 off a Friday out Sunday return flight from EWR on a discount fare
While there have been cert allowing $50 off EWR, the more recent ones seems to cap at $20 for EWR,IAH and CLE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.