Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E+ for CO elites is live!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by blue47
I have a flight next week and do not have a seat assignment. I am Continental plat. There are plenty of E+ seats, but no E-. I have called three times, working my way thru the questions to get to a CSR, and have not received one without a strong accent, nor have I gotten a seat. My onepass number is on the reservation OK as they recognize (at least two of them did) my status. But all have said that the upgrade is day of flight available at the gate only. They said I would have to pay to get upgrade now.

Center seat here I come. Welcome to the new United.
Are you trying to upgrade or get E+?

I would try one last time and tell them to punch in the system briefing: S*UAL/16SEP (per HeathrowGuy!) or get someone who can.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA mm, Marriott PLT, Hilton Dia
Are you trying to upgrade or get E+?
Just E+, or even just a seat. Tried fourth time and got actual english speaking person who assigned the E+. I guess this is success, although wading thru the phone prompts four times, and speaking to three clueless CSR has not been a high customer satisfaction experience. Be glad when the system gets working.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I called past midnight Thursday to get E+ on two future reservations. CSR told me can only be done at airport. I asked for a supervisor who gave me some attitude and repeated the same.
I called again this morning and got a very pleasant CSR who switched all my seats to E+. They showed up within a minute on UA website. However, I notice that when I look at the seats online, the box on the side shows the $ charge for E+. I certainly didn't pay anything and assume this is just a fluke.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: CO Plat
CO elite. Just snagged 17 A&B (bulkhead!) on UA flight to Singapore in November by calling in! Much better than 38A. Absolutely no problem.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
Talking

Originally Posted by LAexNY
I called past midnight Thursday to get E+ on two future reservations. CSR told me can only be done at airport. I asked for a supervisor who gave me some attitude and repeated the same.
I called again this morning and got a very pleasant CSR who switched all my seats to E+. They showed up within a minute on UA website. However, I notice that when I look at the seats online, the box on the side shows the $ charge for E+. I certainly didn't pay anything and assume this is just a fluke.
Co Plat on UA flight to SIN. Called and gotten all E+ seats thru CSR. Saw the same on the UA website. Assume it is a fluke but requested for e-mail confirmation of new seats assignment.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 3:34 pm

Welcome to the new United!

I got E+ seats without a problem on a upcoming reward flight (IAD to SIN).

I hope Jeff will realize the value of these seats to elites when F or Business isn't available.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by bigboofer
I hope Jeff will realize the value of these seats to elites when F or Business isn't available.
Or when F/C cannot be afforded by Elites who are paying out of pocket for their tickets.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 4:08 pm

The first UA agent I got was able to move us to E+ on three different reservations - two international and one domestic. Perhaps, the policy awareness is propagating.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 4:10 pm

just curious, how many pax have ya'll been able to move to E+? does the 1 companion for every 1 elite rule apply?

going off of this, i would be also curious to see if the UDU companion rule would also work for CO elites...
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Mariott, Hertz Presidents Circle
Has anyone (namely Plats) had any luck getting an exit row seat on UNITED when calling in?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
As I read this thread, it occurs to me that the best arguments to keep E+ will come from CO elites who will be experiencing this feature for the first time. As a longtime 1K who knows the value of E+, I encourage the CO elites to let Jeff and the others know how much this means to you.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by jchiguy1
As I read this thread, it occurs to me that the best arguments to keep E+ will come from CO elites who will be experiencing this feature for the first time. As a longtime 1K who knows the value of E+, I encourage the CO elites to let Jeff and the others know how much this means to you.
Agreed^. The new powers at UA need to hear from the troops.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by usa18dca
It's now officially LIVE thanks to Heathrow Guy for being on the ball.
*Takes a bow*
Old Oct 1, 2010, 10:44 pm

Programs: CO OnePass
Good start with old United (I think)

Had to book on old United as CO was more than double to my destination and the times were horrible. I almost fell for picking E+ and paying $39 for it online. I called into United and, after fighting the automated system, got an agent who pleasantly put me into E+ and into the exit row on a flight where there is no E+.

NOW...my minor concern. The online reservation (on ua.com) has the new seats, but when I flip through each individual flight, it has a $39 charge posted for the seats. I do not see any change to the ticket cost on the receipt nor do I see any additional charges to my CC.

Can someone please ease my concerns and tell me for certain that I am not being charged for something that I should be getting for free as a CO plat elite?

Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jaxs170
Had to book on old United as CO was more than double to my destination and the times were horrible. I almost fell for picking E+ and paying $39 for it online. I called into United and, after fighting the automated system, got an agent who pleasantly put me into E+ and into the exit row on a flight where there is no E+.

NOW...my minor concern. The online reservation (on ua.com) has the new seats, but when I flip through each individual flight, it has a $39 charge posted for the seats. I do not see any change to the ticket cost on the receipt nor do I see any additional charges to my CC.

Can someone please ease my concerns and tell me for certain that I am not being charged for something that I should be getting for free as a CO plat elite?

Thanks!
Same here. See posts 63 and 65 above. I'm not too worried as they don't have my CC#. Flight was booked through cruise company as part of a package.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.