Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E+ for CO elites is live!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat
CO Gold -- couldn't select seats on United.com for a quick MR to HNL. However, called United CSR and was given E+. No questions asked ^

Now, if the upgrade comes through, that would be ^^
Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by entropy
I wonder when UA elites will get E+ on continental operated flights..
I wonder how long it will take for Jeff to starting adding seats into the UA planes
Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: CO gold,AA platinum for life,WN, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club plat,Emerald club exec
later..and later.....and even later...From CO.com

In addition, starting sometime in October 2010, United elite members will have access to Continental’s Elite Upgrades, and Continental elite members will have access to United’s Unlimited Domestic Upgrades.

Well, that nails it down for me! NOT
Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,
I just called get my E+ seat and they tried to charge me $59 but then told them I was elite it should be free. They then checked and agreed it was free but my wife would have to pay for the E+ seat. (Reward tix booked on CO with 2 UA segments)

All pax in your PNR are not covered by your elite status like with CO ELR?

Update: CO Silver is allowed 1 companion upgrade to E+, I called back and got a different CSR that knew much more than previous agent.

Last edited by 767400; Oct 1, 2010 at 11:15 am
Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:41 am

CO Plat - upcoming trip next week - E+ confirmed via phone

CO Plat here. Upcoming itinerary next week AUS IAH (CO), IAH PHX (CO), PHX ORD (CO Codeshare), ORD AUS (UA).

Called United domestic resos and they moved me into E+ very quickly. No need to talk to supervisor. Also confirmed that i need to request F UG at airport.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Enhanced in Austin
CO Plat here. Upcoming itinerary next week AUS IAH (CO), IAH PHX (CO), PHX ORD (CO Codeshare), ORD AUS (UA).

Called United domestic resos and they moved me into E+ very quickly. No need to talk to supervisor. Also confirmed that i need to request F UG at airport.
Also Cont Plat..........Just called United reservations and they told me that I would get my E+ plus seating for an upcoming ORD-DCA on 10/19, but not until I get to the airport. From all that I've read, that is not correct as I should be able to get an assigned E+ plus seat now. What gives?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by i_fly_to_much
Also Cont Plat..........Just called United reservations and they told me that I would get my E+ plus seating for an upcoming ORD-DCA on 10/19, but not until I get to the airport. From all that I've read, that is not correct as I should be able to get an assigned E+ plus seat now. What gives?
Call back, say, "as a CO Platinum I'd like to select an E+ seat".
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by i_fly_to_much
You are an FTer, and should know the mantra "Hang up and call back"
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: CO Plat, UA MP, AA
Thanks everyone this is great news! I just called the UA rep and they upgraded me to E+ with no questions asked. Just curious if an agent makes the change, should it instantly be updated on ua.com?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cmwilliams72
Thanks everyone this is great news! I just called the UA rep and they upgraded me to E+ with no questions asked. Just curious if an agent makes the change, should it instantly be updated on ua.com?
It took a minute for my seat changes to show up.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PP, Hyatt DM, Marriott SE, SPG Gold
Just did it. First CSR wanted to charge me, asked for a sup, sup told me they just got the memo within the last hour and changed me into E+ on five different itineraries. He said by next month we should be able to all this online.

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,
Originally Posted by cmwilliams72
Mine showed up on ua.com asap! ^

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Call back, say, "as a CO Platinum I'd like to select an E+ seat".
One call back, a 10 minute wait and chat with a supervisor and............success! I'll be glad when the kinks get worked out "later this month".
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA mm, Marriott PLT, Hilton Dia
I have a flight next week and do not have a seat assignment. I am Continental plat. There are plenty of E+ seats, but no E-. I have called three times, working my way thru the questions to get to a CSR, and have not received one without a strong accent, nor have I gotten a seat. My onepass number is on the reservation OK as they recognize (at least two of them did) my status. But all have said that the upgrade is day of flight available at the gate only. They said I would have to pay to get upgrade now.

Center seat here I come. Welcome to the new United.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat
Got E+ without asking

I booked a combo United/CO trip on the phone with CO last night. They said they had to request seats from UA. There was no mention of E+ or anything.

This morning I checked my reservation on CO.com, there was a message that said I could request seats on the UA legs with a phone number. It also showed my UA confirmation number (very helpful ^)

I called the number and the automatic voice told me my seat assignments. Checking seatexpert.com confirmed that these were E+ seats, and aisle, my preference.

So I didn't even have to ask! Nice work, I'm a happy merging customer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.