E+ for CO elites is live!

Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:36 pm
ucc

Originally Posted by reinballe
You might have to wait longer than a few hours.... because who knows if E+ will stick on co.com tomorrow.

I called UA... and I have checked my reservation on ua.com... and E+ is indeed confirmed.

Better call ua today... My wait time was less than a minute... and imagine the wait time might be tomorrow if E+ does not stick on co.com.
+1. The automated phone rep actually offered the option of "request an e+" but it's the real agent that does the job. Very nice!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Same Here told Had to wait til tomorrow

Originally Posted by usa18dca
^ UA Rep said they couldn't do E+ or Upgrades yet...and that we'll have to wait till it's officially October 1st and the system update will take some time...

I just called and was told after a 15 minute hold that they could not do E+ TIL TOmorrow the rep spoke with a very hard to understand
accent also
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:47 pm

I see open seats for my codeshare (CO number, UA flight) in E+, but as usual the seat selections don't stick. I'll call them tomorrow to get the seats...
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I wonder when UA elites will get E+ on continental operated flights..
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:34 pm

yea, decided to try anyways, said i had to do it at the airport, and for the other people he tried to sell me a upgrade package! i guess i'm going to wait for the dust to settle for more official policies...
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
I just checked my UA EWR-DEN-EWR itinerary for the end of October - UA.com still wants $49 each way to move into E+. Will check again tomorrow.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Critic
I just checked my UA EWR-DEN-EWR itinerary for the end of October - UA.com still wants $49 each way to move into E+. Will check again tomorrow.
Try again after 1AM Central Time...
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Too bad Co isn't doing much back for us UA elites. And an exit row seat seems beyond the reach of a UA flyer. I keep hearing about how much better Co is - so far - still waiting to discover for myself.
Maybe that is you, as I had booked CO flights two weeks ago, initially exit row wasn't available, but after I purchase, close the browser, re-enter my PNR #, the exit rows show all up include my UA MP #, and I am only a 1P.

There are others report in the UA board using the same method in order to get exit row seats on CO.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k & MillM
E+ success rate appears to be about 50-50, or perhaps a little worse than that.

The successful ones:

Originally Posted by reinballe
I called UA... and I have checked my reservation on ua.com... and E+ is indeed confirmed.
Originally Posted by AntonS
United.com still wants to sell me Economy Plus, but a quick call to reservations and got me in E+ on all active bookings.
Originally Posted by ucc
+1. The automated phone rep actually offered the option of "request an e+" but it's the real agent that does the job. Very nice!
My reservation was booked on co.com and I could select E+ seats on co.com, but they would not stick.
That is what I told the UA rep, and she immediately put me in E+. No problem.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Try again after 1AM Central Time...
Wouldn't it be 12AM CST?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Wouldn't it be 12AM CST?
What you said...yah mon.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Since you are able to see UA seatmaps on CO, I wonder when we will be able to see CO seatmaps on .bomb
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Since you are able to see UA seatmaps on CO, I wonder when we will be able to see CO seatmaps on .bomb
When UA.IT gets it's balls rolling...

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
Originally Posted by Critic
I saw the same thing when I checked my reservation on line (purchased on UA.COM with my OnePass number).

Then I called United 3P number - they could see my reservation with OnePass number but declined my E+ seating request - after chacking some dosuments, I was told that Day One is October 1st, so they can't do it until tomorrow.

I'm not putting too much expectation on UA.COM - I'll call again.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When UA.IT gets it's balls rolling...
I guess I could have answered my own question

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.