Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Bom Diddly, Box. Three days to :-:
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
83rd and Amsterdam right?
Yeah.
Originally Posted by FT Lurker
Sure. For the game?
Had forgotten about the game; was thinking of earlier. But I could stick around for part of the game. No way I'll be awake at the end of it.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Lotus Notes is unstable. In other news, the sun rose today.

g'day box.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
Howdy Box. :-:

Getting back into the groove for full time work now that I'm back from the great white not so north.

Highlight include snowmobiling and rolling the snowmobile (with my wife one it, too) but no injuries, thankfully. Skiing for the first time ever was a huge success. ^ Good times.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Looks like EWR-LAS is booked 18/20. We are hoping for 2 companion upgrades tonight. I wish there was a way to get them added to the upgrade list now.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Morning, Box. One six-day week coming right up. HOPEFULLY MCO this weekend if the parents finally make some plans. I sent them all sorts of flight info/prices/schedules but they have to pull the trigger.

Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Same here, but I was able to choose different seats on both 45 flights. I'm not using a SWU. Want to save them for Asia in July
I have 5 - 4 are earmarked for Asia and I had just been planning to try and trade the 5th for some vouchers, but I figured it was worth a try. I haven't been in CO BF in 10 years, and even though this isn't the new lie-flats, it would still be cool to check out.

Originally Posted by sbm12
The best happy hour this week will be in SZG on Friday night. If you want to participate in practice for said event this evening I'm thinking about visiting George Keeley's to get some high-test beer back in my blood stream and start warming up for the weekend.
Jealous. Super jealous. I have always wanted to check this place out.

Unfortunately time/train fare generally work against spontaneous trips to NYC, but can we actually plan a return visit sometime that I can put in my calendar? And I don't work until 10:50 on Wednesdays...

Originally Posted by bdjohns1
Indeed. I failed to pre-game before enjoying the high-test Sam Adams Imperial White over the weekend. 3 of those at 10.3% ABV, and I was done.
tjtenor4 said he had one of those over the weekend and liked it. I really want to try it but haven't seen it in stores yet...must look around.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Good morning box.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by mwg25
tjtenor4 said he had one of those over the weekend and liked it. I really want to try it but haven't seen it in stores yet...must look around.
I found it in my local liquor store. It's in a 4-pack as opposed to a 6-pack. If you like Belgian whites, this is the stuff.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Hi Box, greetings from the Crowne Plaza Shoreditch in London. Feels good to have crossed an ocean for the first time in almost 10 months. Well, I did go to South America during the holidays, but that doesn't really count as crossing an ocean. Or does it? What say teh Box?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Originally Posted by adelauro
Hi Box, greetings from the Crowne Plaza Shoreditch in London. Feels good to have crossed an ocean for the first time in almost 10 months. Well, I did go to South America during the holidays, but that doesn't really count as crossing an ocean. Or does it? What say teh Box?
unless you drove the pan-american highway, I say it likely counts
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Morning, Box. I'm about to board my TOD upgrade flight. I feel so dirty.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Good morning Bx from teh Hyatt St. Louis at teh Arch.

Haven't been here since it was about half an Adams Mark a year or more ago. Now it's a Hyatt all the way.

Looking forward to SZG this weekend. How many Bxers and Bxettes are transiting EWR on Thursday?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by ssullivan
didn't you pay more than 100.00 so isn't it a HOD upgrade?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Originally Posted by ssullivan
If connecting in IAH, you can haz shower to wash the shame away :-:
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by adelauro
It counts, you are near Brick Lane and the Spitafields Market. Lookout for Jack the Ripper, that is where he did his deeds :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.