Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:34 am

Merry Christmas Box.

My best gift: engraved frame and photo from my son. Homemade orange (high school colors) scarf from my daughter.

My worst gift: nothing to complaining about.

The bestest gift is having this day off from work. ^ (it's my regular day off)
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Indeed I was about to head to a jewish owned food store aka Fairway but then realized they're closed today too...
I'm going to try a Muslim restaurant in the area.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:39 am
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Leaving soon for dinner at the parents house. Have been making significant quanities of food for the son 'aka eating machine' to take with me.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Best gift: I actually did want the socks and underwear. I was planning on replacing all of it anyway...
You replace all of them at one time????

I think that for most of us, the general practice is to throw them in the rag pile one by one as they decompose and then after a while, buy a few more.

Happy Christmas to all my friends here who celebrate.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
We just returned home from 4PT stay. Hotel was nice enough to comp breakfast and parking, in addition to the suite upgrade. It was probably a good idea that we didn't drive home last night.

Time for a quiet day at home, followed by food prep for prime rib dinner.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:29 pm

Trying to find a cheap trip out of PHL for Jan 7-9...No Dice
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Wandered into the UA forum for some reason...
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: CO Plat
I am so glad I am off Sunday and Monday..... This storm that was going to happen then not happen is now going to happen with 4-6 inches I better get some gas for the blower and beer for the blower operator^
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by monitor
You replace all of them at one time????

I think that for most of us, the general practice is to throw them in the rag pile one by one as they decompose and then after a while, buy a few more.

Happy Christmas to all my friends here who celebrate.
Weight loss has made a complete overhaul of the underwear drawer necessary. I don't normally do it that way, but 'tis has been a good year for my waistline...and an awful year for wear and tear on some items because of teh job. My standard practice is to refresh at the beginning of the year. I'm lucky to get two years out of a pair of socks for some reason.

Last edited by ConciergeMike; Dec 25, 2010 at 12:48 pm
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Wandered into the UA forum for some reason...
The UA forum, where Festivus is celebrated 365 days per annum. The aluminum pole they worship is a 752 with the paint worn off, and I need not explain the reference to airing of grievances.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by photog72
Aren't Jewish business closed on Shabbat?
No.

There are plenty of shops owned by folks who are Jewish that are also open on the holy day. Just like there are shops owned by all other religious denominations that are open on their holy days, too. Not all of them are, but it isn't like there is a hard and fast rule out there that must be adhered to.

You are much less likely to find kosher restaurants open Friday night or Saturday due to some of the rabbinical rules surrounding that but there is a rather marked difference between "Jewish" and kosher.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Vegas update

0600 flight and the two people sitting next to me talk for almost the entire flight, slightly over 2hrs. Can't sleep. At LAS I buy a walk-up for LAS-MEM hoping for a bump, no good.

Make it on the shuttle bus, the person from the window seat in on my bus and they were continuing to talk.

Went to hash-hash a-go-go in harrahs imperial palace. AMAZING!!!! highly recommend.

Walked from imperial palace to the riviera, they wont check me in, (1130). Decided to camp wi-fi at McD's across the street.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
The UA forum, where Festivus is celebrated 365 days per annum. The aluminum pole they worship is a 752 with the paint worn off, and I need not explain the reference to airing of grievances.
I wandered in there, and I even posted, then I felt sickness in my beer belly so I left.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by usa18dca
I wandered in there, and I even posted, then I felt sickness in my beer belly so I left.
Which thread is this?
Old Dec 25, 2010, 1:20 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by sbm12
No.

There are plenty of shops owned by folks who are Jewish that are also open on the holy day. Just like there are shops owned by all other religious denominations that are open on their holy days, too. Not all of them are, but it isn't like there is a hard and fast rule out there that must be adhered to.

You are much less likely to find kosher restaurants open Friday night or Saturday due to some of the rabbinical rules surrounding that but there is a rather marked difference between "Jewish" and kosher.
I guess I should have made the distinction. Growing up in a heavily Jewish part of south Florida, I know of plenty of Jewish places that were open on Saturday. The ones that adhered to kosher rabbinical laws were closed on Shabbat. Having driven around Meyerland before work, it seems these restaurants were of the latter - closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.