Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by baglady
I recall a meal here and there between IAH and DTW or MSP. The NRT-HKG meals were very nice but I hated the seats.
For much of 2006 I flew NW between IAH and MSP at least twice a month in both directions. The DC-9-30 would pop on and off that route regularly, but the meal service was always the same as it was with the 319s and 320s. I always welcomed the DC-9 on the route, even though the F pitch was less and seats were considerably less comfortable, as the plane's significantly faster cruise speed would generally shave 20+ minutes or so off the flight time.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by windwalker
:-::-::-::-::-:
Dat's what itz all about right there.

Heading to Company Christmas Party at the *wunderful* Safari Tejas Ranch in teh lovely Richmond TX.

Company supports a local abused women's shelter, made my stop at the dollar store earlier, a dozen bags worth of goodies
I don't know what the heck that is and I live here.

It's a very good shelter (if that can be said). Our Girl Scout troop collects gifts for their Christmas party and it's pretty darn amazing. I believe it's pretty much the only gifts they receive (not just what our troop gives; but collectively). Their goal is to ensure each woman have at least one gift to open at their party.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
New terminal. It looks reallllllly nice!!
I'm sur it's a lot better than the old dump. They do have electic out lets over there at least.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by jrzyshawn
I will be in SFO from 11:11am to 12:20pm at the CO gates.
Have they moved the CO gates to the UA part of the terminal yet? Would I have to go outside security to meet up? Haven't flown into SFO on CO in a couple years. I think our times may match up.....I'll call you when I land.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by photog72
She should meet up w/ baglady, they would dine together on non-meat products.
My philosophy is that if God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food!

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott

I'm watching a sad throw away game by Nebraska. Boo Sooners!!!!!

Better dead than Sooner red.
I'll concur with Boo sooners. I'm a Big 10 fan, as they're soon to be part of the Big 10 family, I now support them unless they're playing Badgers or Gophers.

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
I'm sur it's a lot better than the old dump. They do have electic out lets over there at least.
And it was still a battle to find any outlets!!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by photog72
She should meet up w/ baglady, they would dine together on non-meat products.
^
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
G'day, Box. Back from all the errands and now it's wine o'clock. I think it's time to re-heat the 5 Guys fries as an accompaniment. Also contemplating getting the Christmas lights up from the basement to start the decorating in earnest, though I don't think I can match the bag family HQ. Did I mention wine?
@:-)Wine is teh cornerstone to good decorating
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by mwg25
Hey, stranger!

I still owe you and Ms. GadFly dinner
That sounds like a plan.....or we could just drive aimlessly around for a few hours pretending to decide where to eat and then call it a night

:-:inside joke:-:
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:02 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
The NRT-HKG meals were very nice but I hated the seats.
The (now) DL WBC lie-flats are better than the DL Biz-(non)Elite recliners, not by much, of course almost anyone can do better than those awful seats.

Of course that's like saying xyz airline in better than Spirit in Y.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Steve GadFly
My philosophy is that if God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food!
Speaking of, I'm watching Man vs Food on the Travel Channel right now. He's in Kansas City.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by sfogate
Gate 82 departure gate for the flight. Nicely decorated. Flight took off at around 12 noon.

Gate 86 the arrival gate. Wonderfully decorated with balloon arches and helium star balloons leading the way to Santa Claus and Mrs Santa Claus.

60 very ill or terminally ill children and their families were invited. Vida Blue(former baseball player), Build-a-Bear Mascot, several Bay Area sport team mascots were there and a children choir also flew with the families. Mr and Mrs Claus were also on board, along with the King and Queen of Hearts.

Build-a-Bear donated red nosed reindeers for each child, including siblings. The interior of the plane was decorated and those decorations were for any child to remove and take home. I saw lots of snow flakes and stars plus shiny garland leis.

Once the flight arrived, the elfs (that's what I was) made a pathway to the swag table for more goodies for the kids. From there the children passed under the balloon arch to the "runway" to Santa for photos. Santa was perfect (a ramper) with a beautiful real white beard and bowl of jelly for a belly. Mrs Claus and the Queen of Hearts were also UA employees and the King of Hearts was one of CO's from operations.

This fantasy flight was a live flight. On a 747. Fuel donated by Chevron.

Most of the kids looked fine but a few of them were not so fine. But all of them had the biggest smiles on their faces. A very successful day and one that I will volunteer for again.
It was great to see you even though it was only for a second as I was boarding. Got to see the kids and their families getting ready for their departure and it was such a fantastic and festive atmosphere. Such a great event and a wonderful cause. Very big ^ to all the employees that volunteered their time.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Phudnik
You can always stay inside. That's more or less what we're doing.

My kids got a Wii for Chanukah last night. I set it up this morning. It has only taken them 2-1/2 hours to start fighting over it.

I am making fried dinner tonight (potato and vegetable pancakes). Our house will smell like oil for a week.
How did they make it to 2 1/2 hours? I'd call that amazing restraint!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by adelauro
Speaking of, I'm watching Man vs Food on the Travel Channel right now. He's in Kansas City.
I had an amazing steak in KC years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.