Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:05 am

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Morning Box from snowy northern OH. I'm glad we got our tree yesterday - now we can stay inside and decorate it today.

Some random stuff:
  • CLE posted on FB that AA will re-introduce mainline (MD80) service between CLE and DFW in 2011.
  • Does anyone know if new UA-branded stuff is available yet? I don't see any in either the CO or UA stores.
  • I'm very much looking foward to the release of the FT iPhone App. Announce on Twitter yesterday - not sure when though. ^
Enjoy your day everyone!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Almost done surviving slummin' at RDU
I didnt request an upgrade on any of them .
You are definitely slumming it.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:37 am
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by colpuck

60 sec before the door closed I discovered that my seat recline was broken.
I've never tested the seat recline before the door closed
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:42 am
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Trustguy
Ah. The city of LA football scene is right for another year. Teh last game of teh Pac 10 is a win for USC. Viva a Pac 12 for next year. :-:
So will it be HNL every other weekend with your free time now?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Done with RDU-DFW.

Only here for 23 mins before boarding for DFW-SFO.

On a slAAveship. For those of you that don't know, a slAAveship is a 752 that does not have the int'l seats and the interior is BY FAR the oldest looking of the entire fleet.

Reminds me of the movie airplane.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by snod08
You are definitely slumming it.
I have exit row window in all of them so I'm fine with it.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:12 am

I have exit row window in all of them so I'm fine with it.
^
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Originally Posted by baglady
If I hear the Sooner fight song one more time, I will
Your husband, ma'am.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
So I'm trying to convince my mother the value of hotel points. Mom and dad like to travel around the country by car and just normally stay "where ever" as long as it is inexpensive. She just won't hear the logic of focusing their stays at certain brands - they would have had a few weeks free nights by now.

Methinks I need to speak with Dad...
My dad told me last night that he needs 2 stays by 12/31 to get Marriott Gold (was Silver last year). Unfortunately, this weekend was likely to be their last trip east for the calendar year (this is why you plan ahead, people!) so I have to help him find two mattress runs in the CLE area.

There's a TownePlace Suites near the airport (so about a half hour from their house) that's $71 on the next two Saturdays from now. I think I may steer him that way - can't seem to find anything better.

Originally Posted by sfogate
Most of the kids looked fine but a few of them were not so fine. But all of them had the biggest smiles on their faces. A very successful day and one that I will volunteer for again.
Good for you. And for everyone else involved in the production. ^

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
Watching Air Force One.....the big rescue is starting.
Trivia: the Kazakh presidential palace, from which the dictator is captured in the opening scene, is actually Severance Hall, where the Cleveland Orchestra plays. You can see a couple of shots of the neighborhood skyline (including the famous "Church of the Holy Oilcan") in that scene. :-:

I remember driving with my mom past all of that one day and seeing the detours and traffic due to filming.

Originally Posted by photog72
Speaking of smelling. Looks like you'll be able to see CLE-MIA tomorrow in PHL on CBS. Oh.. the smelling = CLE.
It's been a LONG time since I've actually seen the Browns play. Nice.

I'm watching a sad throw away game by Nebraska. Boo Sooners!!!!!

Better dead than Sooner red.
OU is one of those teams to which I have no personal connection, but I generallly would prefer not to see them win because then I think of a person I rather dislike, somewhere out there, gloating. Same goes for Florida State and ESPECIALLY UConn (in all sports but particularly women's basketball).

Oh wait, I'll be watching all those teams come BCS time (except for FSU, and it almost was).

Originally Posted by Steve GadFly
That sounds like a plan.....or we could just drive aimlessly around for a few hours pretending to decide where to eat and then call it a night

:-:inside joke:-:

Aerogeek marries aerogeek in training. It's worked out well for us.
Same here! And I hope that it works out nearly as well as it has for you!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
It's my mattress run of choice. I've never slept there.
Same here. It's the cheapest SPG property in Houston. I've mattress runned there a few times way back, but never even went up to see the room.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jrzyshawn
Pos J 2A got a Droid X today. He asked me to help set up the contacts but I quickly figured out there is no way to easily sync Outlook with teh Droid . I ended up downloading CompanionLink and I was able to sync Outlook with teh Droid, but then I noticed most of the contacts were duplicated. I reset everything and tried again until I realized that Google, facebook and Outlook contacts are all listed in one place, with duplicates and all.
There's a merge contacts feature open the contact on the phone to edit it, select the menu, and then merge, and select the other contacts to merge together. I'm surprised it didn't do that automatically, as I think in my year on Android I've only had to merge 3-4 duplicate contacts ever.

You can also sync OTA pretty easily if you export everything from Outlook to a CSV file, upload that to your Gmail account, then set up Outlook to automatically sync contacts with Gmail. Avoiding duplicates this way is probably best done if you export everything in Outlook, import it all to Gmail, then delete it all from Outlook and have Outlook resync to Gmail.

I much prefer Google and Android's over the air syncing to doing it over a USB cable. However, for the initial setup it can be a little bit of a pain, especially if you weren't using Gmail already.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:36 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Originally Posted by adelauro
Anything I'd like?
Blondie and Joan Jett

Originally Posted by ssullivan
Same here. It's the cheapest SPG property in Houston. I've mattress runned there a few times way back, but never even went up to see the room.
Would you like me to take pictures before I head to IAH?

Morning Howdy B\B\B
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snod08
DROID = Fail... The biggest problem for me is that the calendar switches appointments to whatever time zone you are in (adding or subtracting automatically from your original time zone). Apparently google cannot fix this?
So, now, I put the exact time in the title of every calendar event.
I've never had an issue with this. I put my events into my calendar with the time zone set correctly, and the time set correctly. When I land in a new time zone, the phone is set to pull the time off the network, so it updates to the correct time and time zone automatically. No matter where I am, my appointments are correct with the local time of where I am.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Good morning Bx, Bxers, Boxettes, and whatever else we have around these parts.

Bacon is in the pan, coffee is brewing, life is
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by ssullivan
I've never had an issue with this. I put my events into my calendar with the time zone set correctly, and the time set correctly. When I land in a new time zone, the phone is set to pull the time off the network, so it updates to the correct time and time zone automatically. No matter where I am, my appointments are correct with the local time of where I am.
^

Thank you so much for this. I studied the online version of google calendar and finally understood what you are suggesting.

So, for every appointment, I pick the particular time zone the appointment will be located in. Then, I dont need to worry about google changing the times of the appointments.
Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.